PDA

View Full Version : Six Neighbours stars to go

jonni
24-12-2006, 20:57
from digital spy

Long-running Australian soap Neighbours is facing a cast overhaul, with at least six stars expected to leave next year.

According to a report in the Sunday Herald Sun, Stephanie McIntosh (Sky Mangel) has told producers that she will be leaving when her contract expires in 2007. The actress has been trying to launch a music career Down Under; her debut album Tightrope had moderate success when it was released in September.

Others set to leave include Nell Feeney (Janelle Timmins), Sianoa Smit-McPhee (Bree Timmins) and Adelaide Kane, who has yet to hit screens as Louise "Lolly" Carpenter.

The report also claims that two other cast-members have been told by bosses that their contracts will not be renewed.

janelle is leaving so thats the end of the timmins clan

babyblue
25-12-2006, 20:49
It's a shame because I really like the timmins lot. Is janae off too...I doubt there'd be any reason for her to say what with both brothers, her mum and her sister off and her marriage over.

CrazyLea
25-12-2006, 20:56
I'm not highly bothered by The Timmins. Although, Janelle does bring some comedy to the show. So I dunno, perhaps it will be sad to see her go. About Lolly.. was there any point in bringing her back lol??

neroc
25-12-2006, 22:15
aww goodbye Timmins family! I really liked them. maybe they'll return one day...
I don't see any purpose in Janae staying if her whole family have gone so perhaps she's also leaving.

eastenders mad
26-12-2006, 11:42
wow quite alot leaving like. Is Janelle the mother or the daughter i was get mixed up with them lol. so is this end of the Timmins then what happens to Dylan and Scott?

*-Rooney-*
26-12-2006, 13:18
It's a shame because I really like the timmins lot. Is janae off too...I doubt there'd be any reason for her to say what with both brothers, her mum and her sister off and her marriage over.what happenes to her marriage to boyd

babyblue
26-12-2006, 14:10
it ends...something to do with him having a one off with another chick in the search for his dad...they apparently try...I can't remember which thread it's in but it breaks down and it ends up being a very dark time for janae.

LostVoodoo
26-12-2006, 17:51
About Lolly.. was there any point in bringing her back lol??
it's bringing in a pretty much new character, but she already has ties to existing ones so it's easier than shoe-horning in someone brand new. like they did with Elle.

neroc
26-12-2006, 21:43
Is Janelle the mother or the daughter i was get mixed up with them lol.
Janelle is the mother. I get confused between janae and janelle because their names are so similar.

Katy
27-12-2006, 10:21
im not really bothered about any of them, i dont really like any of those characters. I think Neighbours need to get characters that can really bond with people, like when they get hurt you get upset, for me personally theres no one in the show who i am bothered about leaving.

Crazy Gal 88
27-12-2006, 10:34
it ends...something to do with him having a one off with another chick in the search for his dad...they apparently try...I can't remember which thread it's in but it breaks down and it ends up being a very dark time for janae.

Max isnt Boyd's dad?????????
Maybe Janae will be one of the other two whose contract hasnt been renewed\?

babyblue
27-12-2006, 16:22
opps I didn't make that so clear... max is boyd's dad. He goes missing soon and boyd goes off to look for him.

Pixie
28-12-2006, 23:47
i think its a shame Sky's leaving as I think she's a great character. And I quite like the Timmins clan aswell - they can be quite amusiing!

hayley
07-01-2007, 19:03
I liked the Timmins family, its a shame their leaving! I also like Sky, but as Dylan as leaving it might be best if she left as well! :(

Em
09-01-2007, 22:26
I reaaly want a happey ending for Sky and dylan but I dont think it will ever happen!

Footie_Chick
11-01-2007, 16:26
The Neighbours exodus continues with more cast members announcing their plans to quit the show.

It's been rumoured for some time that Stephanie McIntosh (Sky) would leave once her contract expires in April.

The young actress and singer has now confirmed that will be the case, and her break from the show will allow her to concentrate on her music career.

The Timmins family will also be depleted as Nell Feeney and Sianoa Smit-McPhee, who play mother and daughter Janelle and Bree, are also

off to pastures new.
Perhaps the biggest surprise is that Adelaide Kane won't be a resident for long either.

She hasn't even appeared as Lolly Allen yet in either Australia or Britain, but already knows her time on Ramsay Street is limited.

The four thespians will be following Janet Andrewartha (Lyn), Dichen Lachman (Katya), Christian Clark (Will), Damien Bodie (Dylan), Ben Nicholas (Stingray) and Natalie Bassinghthwaighte (Izzy) out of Erinsborough.

Rumour has it the soap's producers are looking to bring in some new faces in a bid to boost ratings.

Reports from Down Under also claim another two actors have been told their services are no longer required.

Speculation surrounds who the unlucky duo will be, but seeing as the likes of Paul Robinson, Harold Bishop, Susan Kinski and Karl Kennedy recently came in the top 10 of a poll to find the best-ever Neighbours, it seems highly unlikely any of those are facing the chop.

Jessie Wallace
12-01-2007, 00:48
This has been posted for, and Steph's single has been around for a while now.

Jojo
12-01-2007, 14:18
Merging............................