PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever broken a bone?

Abbie
19-12-2006, 16:31
I havent!!! Broken a bone that is, I know loads of people who have though. I was just wondering if many of us had broken any bones.

Kim
19-12-2006, 16:40
I hadn't, until some girl rammed the door on my finger!

Cornishbabe
19-12-2006, 16:42
I broke my wrist on my scooter when i was about 12.

Siobhan
19-12-2006, 16:44
When I was six I broke my arm and about 3 years ago I broke my toe.. both painful OUCH!!

Skits
19-12-2006, 16:46
i broke my little finger and i was in plaster from the tips of my fingers to above my elbow.

hazey
19-12-2006, 17:19
funny you should asked I broke my little toe yesterday, this is the third time I have done this lol,now it is three times it's size and very painful.

Abbie
19-12-2006, 17:24
funny you should asked I broke my little toe yesterday, this is the third time I have done this lol,now it is three times it's size and very painful. O dear, Im guessing that means its the same toe?

Meh
19-12-2006, 17:29
Let's see. I've broken my tibia and fibula (same leg), rib cage, cheek bone, arm (twice) and skull fracture. Oh, I've also had my eye pop out of its socket.

Lesson learnt: don't fight with a bus

CrazyLea
19-12-2006, 17:31
Ew your eye??

I've never broken a bone.. yet.

Meh
19-12-2006, 17:38
Yeah, for about 6-9 months my eye lid wouldn't close properly either. Thankfully 3/4 was good enough.

Edit: I forgot to add, I've also broken one of my metatarsals as well. No pictures of what I may look like :eek:

Abbie
19-12-2006, 17:48
Let's see. I've broken my tibia and fibula (same leg), rib cage, cheek bone, arm (twice) and skull fracture. Oh, I've also had my eye pop out of its socket.

Lesson learnt: don't fight with a bus
All I can say is....................
OUCH!!!!

Abbie
19-12-2006, 17:49
Ew your eye??

I've never broken a bone.. yet.
Luckily I havent either, well like you said not yet.

Katy
19-12-2006, 19:06
well lets see. Ive broken my arm twice, the first was when i was six and it broke in 7 different places at the same time and the second when i was a bit older playing football. I have broken my fingers numerous times playing netball and sailing and i have broken my toes quite a lot of times as well, football and other sporting injuries oh and when i dropped a tuba on it at primary school. The teacher was more wooried about the instrument than me. I also broke my wrist when i was run over.

pookie1968uk
19-12-2006, 19:46
i have never broken a bone, the most i have had is a strain or sprain and they are painful enough!

Abi
19-12-2006, 20:05
I've cracked the bone in my ankle 3 times, but as it hasn't broken all the way through, i've never had a cast for it, just crutches. I've sprained the same ankle about 5 more times on top of that, and twisted it more times than i care to remember! I have a weak bone in that one you see, which means that it just goes really easily. Last time it cracked was on my Duke of Edinburgh weekend, and spending 5 hours in a hospital waiting room with my PE Teacher to get an X-Ray wasn't the best time in my life! :lol:

Apart from that, i've not broken any other bones, thankfully!

Jessie Wallace
19-12-2006, 21:42
I've borken too many bones to recal them all. So here's a few - Broken Leg sliding off the edge of a cliff, whilst playing 40/40(Oh i loved that game when i was a kid) Broken my nose and leg in a car crash with a Tractor (And woooo i won the court case, it wasn't my fault!) Broekn ankle playing Hockey.
Broken Arm's and leg playing football, 3 seperate times. I think that will do you all for now, but there are more, i'm just a walking accident, the nrses in A+E used to know my name when i was a kid! oops

squillyfer
19-12-2006, 22:07
I've cracked the bone in my elbow but never actually broken anything

Tannie
19-12-2006, 22:30
I've broke my arm once really painful.
And went over on my ankle so many times its unbeliveble!!

Dr. Tangliss
20-12-2006, 14:59
I have broken my little toe twice.......:(

snapper
20-12-2006, 15:15
Broke my nose when I was 5, being chased by my brother - made contact with the metal peice across the bottom of the door -- ouch that hurt!
Broke my fingers playing netball, cracked mt ankle bone 3 times (each time I went ice-skating) and more recently broke 3 ribs (result of domestic violence)

~*~Leanne~*~
20-12-2006, 22:46
i have broke my finger playing basketball and recently i hurt the same finger playingg nettball but didn't go to hospital to see if it was broke but now if it gets cold it gets stiff and really hurts

Footie_Chick
21-12-2006, 16:38
I've broken my collarbone playing football, broken my ankle falling down a kerb, broke my little toe twice once on a bouncy castle and the other on the side of a swimming pool.
Use to live at the hospital me, with all my accidents including the broken bones, the dints in my bones and cuts and sprains. Very accident prone.

di marco
23-12-2006, 19:42
i broke my little finger and i was in plaster from the tips of my fingers to above my elbow.

i broke my little finger when i was about 5 or 6, doing a handstand on the school field lol! they just told me to strap it up. and i broke 3 of my toes just over 3 years ago while on holiday when i was mucking around in the swimming pool

*-Rooney-*
26-12-2006, 13:25
when i was 4 i fell out of my bed and broke my nose then when i was 8 i broke my thumb, and whilst talking about broken bones to my friend when i was 18 to my pal i said thankfully ive only ever broken small bones( this was the friday) and on the sunday i fell off a ladder in work and broke my wrist had to have 2 op's and a bone graft 3 pins and a plate in my wrist.

so i wont tempt fate again

Tamzi
29-12-2006, 01:32
once when I decided it would be a really clever idea to do a huge flip over the gym bars one PE lesson - that ended with my leg in a plaster cast and me hobbling round school on crutches and I got my leg in plaster again recently when I tripped down the stairs in a pair of heels.

xStephaniex
19-01-2008, 05:38
i done the same as you Tamzi! while doing a flip on the bars in gymnastics i went too far and missed the crash mat and fell on my wrist! no one believe me when i said i couldn't move it or write and it was left for 2 days, i then found out i'd cracked the bone in 3 places and had in a cast ! it was pink though so i didn't care lol

Perdita
19-01-2008, 08:09
Broke my nose once in a car crash, then I got beaten up by a boyfriend (that was the end of the relationship) and he broke my nose again and I broke my middle toe once. Sprained my left ankle 3 times in 3 years, the last time over a year ago and the ligaments are still painful when I move the foot in a certain way. All of it very painful and I empathise with all other sufferers. :)

StarsOfCCTV
19-01-2008, 12:39
I had a hole in my knee bone does that count? Once I really hurt my toe kicking a giant chess piece but I'm not sure I broke it or not...

Perdita
19-01-2008, 16:37
I had a hole in my knee bone does that count? Once I really hurt my toe kicking a giant chess piece but I'm not sure I broke it or not...

How did you get a hole in your knee bone? Counts as far as I am concerned.:)

Abbie
19-01-2008, 16:40
yes that would count, but a hole in your knee, how did that happen?

StarsOfCCTV
19-01-2008, 17:02
lol I don't know...it was when I was 3, something about bacteria eating the bone, they took some bone from my hip and put it in the knee to fill the gap, otherwise it would've gone into the growth plate and I would have..one very small leg :p

Abigail
19-01-2008, 17:11
lol I don't know...it was when I was 3, something about bacteria eating the bone, they took some bone from my hip and put it in the knee to fill the gap, otherwise it would've gone into the growth plate and I would have..one very small leg :p

:rotfl: I shouldn't laugh but that's funny imagining someone with a normal leg and a shorter leg.

Abbie
19-01-2008, 17:12
Oh my gosh so was it painful or can you not remember?

StarsOfCCTV
19-01-2008, 17:17
Nah don't remember a thing :p

Abbie
19-01-2008, 17:25
Nah don't remember a thing :p

I think thats good, must of been horrible if you could remember it

Chloe O'brien
19-01-2008, 22:58
When I was 3 I got my hand stuck in a siver (drain at the side of the road) I had dropped a pencil down it and my friend had lifted it up but a big lad came along on his bike and nudged my freind and she dropped the thing on my hand. It broke the little bone at the bottom of my hand. Even now when it is really cold it goes purple.

Abbie
19-01-2008, 23:00
:eek: Sounds very painful

Chloe O'brien
19-01-2008, 23:37
It was even now the bones don't join at the bottom of my hand.

TaintedLove
20-01-2008, 15:53
Ten years ago I broke my arm and tore ligaments, muscles and my rotater cuff. My arm from my wrist to my shoulder was black and blue for a few weeks.
The docs in the ER got a good laugh when they asked how I did it. I told `em the truth that I fell off my bed and slammed into my wardrobe when I stood on the bed to turn off my ceiling fan.
I have broken many bones in my toes by walking around barefoot. I haven`t learnt anything though as I still do it.
:D

CarerQuie
21-01-2008, 17:24
I broke my elbow when little but I don't remember because I was so young.xx

CHARITY
10-06-2008, 09:04
Almost everyone when i was at school broke their bones, but i never.:cheer:

xStephaniex
14-08-2008, 03:13
Tannie will tell ya i fractured my hand in 4 places and broke my scaphoid bone 3 weeks ago...i managed to get my cast off yesterday which was a big mistake! its now in a dreaded splint and tubey grip, i was not having another cast!!! lol x

Tannie
14-08-2008, 10:56
Tannie will tell ya i fractured my hand in 4 places and broke my scaphoid bone 3 weeks ago...i managed to get my cast off yesterday which was a big mistake! its now in a dreaded splint and tubey grip, i was not having another cast!!! lol x

Did me and chloe not tell you don't take of the cast stephanie; do you not listein to anything i say?! 8-)! but yeah you shouldn't of taken your cast off!! x

sindydoll
15-08-2008, 13:01
i have never broken any bone in my body....big strong girl that i am :lol:

Chris_2k11
16-08-2008, 12:56
I haven't thankfully

pookie1968uk
17-08-2008, 09:34
i havent broken any bones at all and hopefully never will!

JustJodi
17-08-2008, 10:04
Been in several bad car accidents, got thrown off a motorcycle,, had loads of falls, but ( knocking on wood) have not broken a bone,, :eek:

sindydoll
27-08-2008, 11:12
Been in several bad car accidents, got thrown off a motorcycle,, had loads of falls, but ( knocking on wood) have not broken a bone,, :eek:
omg you poor girl

Kirsty :]
29-08-2008, 00:52
I've not broken anything (touch wood!)
I've sprained my ankles a few times which hurts but not as much as breaking it I'm guessing!!

Apparently we break our little toe on average 3 times a year apparently... not sure if I believe it though.
Do any of you? :hmm:

samantha nixon
29-08-2008, 01:36
;594659']I've not broken anything (touch wood!)
I've sprained my ankles a few times which hurts but not as much as breaking it I'm guessing!!

Apparently we break our little toe on average 3 times a year apparently... not sure if I believe it though.
Do any of you? :hmm:

I could prbs agree with that yh lol, as im forever walking into things (washing baskets etc) and my baby toe is always changing shapes lol, sometimes it wont bend, then i hurt it again and then it will lol, im sure my sister broke my baby toe from standing on it lol