PDA

View Full Version : Laptops - wireless

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-12-2006, 17:37
Im hoping that i can get a laptop on boxing day but dad says he thinks if i had a wireless laptop then evey pc in the house would have to go wireless and he wont do that, to me that seems like a total waste of time geting one then. He has also said in theory if we had two blue tooth dongles i think he called them one plugged into the laptop and the other one into his pc then that would work as a wireless substitute which wouldnt mean he would have to go wireless aswell but he isnt 100% so i wondered if anyone knew of a way i can have a wireless laptop but dad doesnt have to make the other pcs wireless aswell i dont want to buy one and then have to use wires as it defeats the object.

alan45
18-12-2006, 17:50
Most wireless routers have sockets to plug non wireless computers into them Buy one of these and father can connect his compter to the internet through this. You can use your wireless connection through this. However I have a feeling when he sees how good wireless is he will invest in a usb wireless plug. They are only about 20 quid.