PDA

View Full Version : New Street Law - Series 2

Jessie Wallace
12-12-2006, 11:48
Following his arrest for perverting the course of justice, a defiant Jack is granted bail as Manchester's finest legal minds return to risk heart and soul in pursuit of the truth. Despite Jack's technical guilt, he vows to argue his moral innocence – after all, his actions stopped an innocent woman going to prison. The team convince a reluctant Jack to let old adversary Frank Halcroft represent him, and Frank hatches a plan to keep Jack out of prison.

Working his charms on Honor, Frank convinces her to use her contacts to help Jack's case. But when Laura is attacked by a man with a grudge against lawyers, Jack is devastated and feels responsible for involving her in his cause.

A humbled but heroic Jack gives an honest and moving speech in court and wins a suspended sentence. Flushed with victory, Jack and Laura fall into each other's arms.

Meanwhile, Charlie and Joe represent Bethany Taylor, a feisty and ruthless football agent accused of theft. When Bethany belittles Joe's abilities, he conspires with Faye to ensure justice is done.

Elsewhere, Annie's conscience is plaguing her and she decides to save her marriage to Chris and end her affair with Charlie. Charlie is devastated and begs her to reconsider.

When Al's partner, Steve, is sacked, Al asks Charlie to advise him on whether he has a case for unfair dismissal. Steve is angry when Charlie tells him not to expect a big payout and ends up accusing Al of interfering.

Jack is played by John Hannah, Frank by Francis Magee, Honor by Penny Downie, Laura by Lisa Faulkner, Charlie by John Thomson, Joe by Lee Williams, Bethany by Jennifer Ellison, Faye by Samina Bux, Annie by Lara Cazalet, Al by Chris Gascoyne and Steve by Rob Collier.

Katy
13-12-2006, 17:17
I cant wait for this to come back. I thought the last series was really good. Especially with the long riunning story but the little ones as well with the guest stars. It was good drama.

chudge
15-12-2006, 09:37
can you please tell me when this is back on tv as i love this show

Jessie Wallace
15-12-2006, 22:59
can you please tell me when this is back on tv as i love this show

I would think on Wednesday 10th, as the week after's epiosde is on a Wednesday.

Jessie Wallace
15-12-2006, 23:01
Jack is surprised when Jimmy McGregor, an infamous gangster with a violent past, asks Jack to defend him in his trial for possessing heroin, as the stylish legal drama series continues. Jack knows McGregor from his prosecution days when he failed to get him convicted of murder, even though he was sure of his guilt.

McGregor’s loyal and devoted wife is the key defence witness in the case but Jack uncovers evidence that proves she and her lover have conspired to frame her husband. When Jack wins the case he fears for McGregor’s wife’s safety, and isn’t surprised when he hears that a body has been found.

Meanwhile, Annie and Laura go head to head in a civil case. Laura defends Tommy, a man who claims that an angel told him to give £40,000 to charity; and Annie represents his wife, Claudia, who is convinced that her husband was persuaded to part with his money because he was having an affair with the charity worker. Throughout the case, Annie struggles to disguise her continued disdain for Laura.

After spending the night with Jack, Laura hopes that the chambers dinner will be a good opportunity to get to know him better, but Jack reverts to type and backs off completely.

Jack is played by John Hannah, Jimmy McGregor by George Anton, Annie by Lara Cazalet, Laura by Lisa Faulkner, Tommy by Ray Emmet Brown and Claudia by Leanne Best.

Katy
16-12-2006, 14:03
Jack is played by John Hannah, Frank by Francis Magee, Honor by Penny Downie, Laura by Lisa Faulkner, Charlie by John Thomson, Joe by Lee Williams, Bethany by Jennifer Ellison, Faye by Samina Bux, Annie by Lara Cazalet, Al by Chris Gascoyne and Steve by Rob Collier.

I have just noticed, is that Rob collier as in the one who is now in Coronation Street. I assume it is.

I take it that the series will be a nother series for retired Manchester actors.

Jojo
23-02-2007, 13:41
Frank Halcroft is co-defending alongside Jack on a disturbing case of two teenage girls accused of murder, following the drowning of a boy they had been bullying, as the fast-paced legal drama continues.

Jack's client is mouthy, aggressive and objectionable but Jack is determined to do his best for her, despite her probable guilt. Jack and Frank agree to run a joint defence of reasonable doubt, but when Frank's client suddenly changes her story and blames her friend, they are forced to go for the jugular and the two girls end up damning each other in the eyes of the jury.

Both are found guilty of murder and Jack and Frank are equally frustrated at having handed Laurence his victory on a plate. Meanwhile, Frank lays his cards on the table with Honor – he doesn't think Laurence is worthy of her and isn't going to take no for an answer.

Elsewhere, Charlie represents a high-class hooker, Rebecca, who is suing a plastic surgeon for loss of earnings after a bodged collagen injection left her with a "trout pout". Honor represents the surgeon, who's desperate to settle out of court for fear of the nature of his relationship with Rebecca becoming public.

Meanwhile, the team agrees to offer Joe a permanent tenancy but when Jack tells him the good news, Joe makes a shocking announcement. Out of chambers, Annie and Chris agree to start a family but Annie's obvious reticence makes Chris re-evaluate their relationship and he shocks her by ending their marriage. Devastated, she turns to Charlie for comfort.

Frank is played by Francis Magee, Jack by John Hannah, Laurence by Paul Freeman, Honor by Penny Downie, Charlie by John Thomson, Rebecca by Katherine Kelly, Joe by Lee Williams, Annie by Lara Cazalet and Chris by Ben Owen Jones.

Katy
24-02-2007, 13:48
I thought it was really good on Wednesday, lloking forward to the rest of the series. I thought John Henshaw was good, he seems to be apperaing in loads of things recently. Next week looks good as well.

Jessie Wallace
01-03-2007, 19:02
Jack and Laura defend a man accused of raping his daughter 10 years ago, as the legal drama continues. It's an emotive case, but Jack feels sure of Bill's innocence and is shocked when he admits his guilt just before the verdict.

Bill is found not guilty, but Jack makes him see that the only way to make amends and move on is to face his daughter and admit the truth.

When Honor's continued affair with Frank makes her late for court, Joe ignores her instructions to adjourn, determined to prove himself in his first prosecution case. Although initially angry, Honor is impressed by Joe's confidence.

Charlie represents a former client who is taking his son's school to court over their decision to ban sports day. When the headmistress argues the realities of life in a modern comprehensive, Winyard rules that the ban should be upheld, but Charlie still makes a difference by helping his client heal the rift with his son – who, ironically, never enjoyed sports day in the first place.

Despite her attempts to settle into a life on her own, Annie is devastated when she receives divorce papers from Chris. Meanwhile, Charlie tells Annie he's going to leave his wife, Tessa, for her.

Jack is horrified when he inadvertently witnesses Honor and Frank kissing. Honor is adamant she doesn't want this to get back to her family. Before Jack can respond, Honor makes it clear that Jack should co-operate if he doesn't want Laura to find out about them sleeping together in the past.

Jack is played by John Hannah, Laura by Lisa Faulkner, Bill by Kevin Doyle, Honor by Penny Downie, Frank by Francis Magee, Joe by Lee Williams, Charlie by John Thomson, Winyard by Don Warrington and Annie by Lara Cazalet.

Jessie Wallace
01-03-2007, 19:03
Jack is shocked when he arrives at Al's flat to find Al's boyfriend, Steve, dead on the floor, as the legal drama continues. A devastated Al admits hitting Steve during an argument the night before, but swears Steve was alive when he left. If Al tells the police he hit Steve, he knows he'll put himself in the frame for murder.

Laura's arrival at the flat leaves Jack little choice but to explain his plan to give Al a false alibi. Al becomes increasingly uncomfortable as he's drawn further into Jack's plan, and, when Jack's plan succeeds, a grief-stricken Al turns on Jack, attacking his underhand methods. In the heat of the moment, he refers to the fact that Jack slept with Honor, just as Laura enters chambers.

Meanwhile, Charlie and Annie defend Zach, a young boxer accused of rape along with two other boys. Under cross-examination, he changes his story and claims that he tried to stop the other boys but they pulled a knife and forced him to take part. Charlie believes him, and pulls a masterstroke in court which appears to swing the case their way.

Judge Winyard reveals to Laurence that the rape victim is known to him, and indicates that if Laurence succeeds in getting a conviction he will use his contacts to get Laurence appointed as a judge. However, when he wins the case, Laurence surprises Winyard by turning down his offer.

Jack is played by John Hannah, Al by Chris Gascoyne, Steve by Rob Collier, Laura by Lisa Faulkner, Honor by Penny Downie, Charlie by John Thomson, Annie by Lara Cazalet, Zach by David Judge, Winyard by Don Warrington and Laurence by Paul Freeman.