PDA

View Full Version : What is that Black Smoke?

Abbie
11-12-2006, 14:45
Ok, well i think we should have a thread on our theories on what the Blck smoke is. I dont think it has been mentioned in Lost, well it has in term it was described as a secruity system, but it has to be more than that, I mean it did kill Eko. Im looking forward to reading some peoples theories cos I havent got a clue what to think.

Siobhan
11-12-2006, 15:21
From all the encounters we have seen with it, it is some security system but an intelligent one.. I think it can read your mind and thoughts. Locke said it was beautiful and he saw wonderful things but Eko said it was not like that for him.. you have to remember that Locke gave his kidney away and was hurt by his father, in general he is a good person. Eko on the other hand, had killed many so he would be judged as a bad person by the system (black smoke)

Abbie
11-12-2006, 15:30
Eko on the other hand, had killed many so he would be judged as a bad person by the system (black smoke) Yer I suppose, but when you seem him as a child I thought what he did was very brave and was to protect his brother therefore was good, but as he got older he did do many bad things and killed for no reason. I remember once on Tv when the actor who plays Eko was on it they said that when Eko has his first encouter witht the smoke, if you pause the screen you can see imgaes of him in it.

Behemoth
14-12-2006, 22:49
Locke said he saw a bright light and that it was beautiful but Eko sees black smoke. It's like they are being judged. Eko is a bad person so he sees smoke, Locke is a good person so he sees a bright light.
Good and Bad seems to be a continuing theme in Lost.

Jojo
14-12-2006, 23:27
Ohhhh - I saw this for the first time on Sunday, when the black smoke got Eko and was wondering what that was all about...

So its saying what you see is dependant on what sort of person you are??

Abbie
15-12-2006, 21:57
Good and Bad seems to be a continuing theme in Lost.
I've noticed that too,but what confuses me most is why in previous episodes did the smoke run away from him.

~*~Leanne~*~
01-01-2007, 16:15
i also think it is to do with if you are a good or bad person and maye it ran away rom him as he was getting another chance or somthing:searchme:

Abbie
01-01-2007, 16:52
i also think it is to do with if you are a good or bad person and maye it ran away rom him as he was getting another chance or somthing:searchme:That seems the most likely explaination,it just very strnage how it knows.