PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever change your name?

Abbie
07-12-2006, 13:57
Heya guys, i was just thinking since people have been changing there usernames I got inspired.
Would any of us every change our names, first names I mean, and what would they be?
I dont think I would, i would just get confused all the time.

Siobhan
07-12-2006, 13:59
I would change my name to Joe Kickass!! Seriously I think I would as in my work nobody can spell my name as it is not a very popular name in central Europe. I am called Jovanne, sio-ban (how it is spelt), it is a nightmare sometimes when I have to spell it and there is a silence on the line as they think I am taking the piss

Abbie
07-12-2006, 14:02
I would change my name to Joe Kickass!! Seriously I think I would as in my work nobody can spell my name as it is not a very popular name in central Europe. I am called Jovanne, sio-ban (how it is spelt), it is a nightmare sometimes when I have to spell it and there is a silence on the line as they think I am taking the piss Awww Well I have lots of problems with people spelling my name some people who know me well do get it right but I still have people speeling it with ey.

Jojo
07-12-2006, 14:05
I wouldn't change mine although you'd be surprised at the number of people that can vary the way they spell Emma!

I'm always having to spell Ci's name to people though, so he'll probably not like it when he's older, although even with Ste we have to tell everyone he is a ph not a v.

I think they all suit their names though.

Debs
07-12-2006, 14:08
No i like my name

unless i could change it to deborah 'thehoffmeisterlovesme* surname

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Tori
07-12-2006, 16:37
well at one time i was contemplating using my middle name as my first name but then i realised it would create so much confusion that i didn't!

Katy
07-12-2006, 16:44
i kind of have chenged my name. Im actually Kath er ine with a K minus the Y. Its all very confusing. But i like Katy for my friends so ive already abbreviated it.

Spelling is irritating though.

Luna
07-12-2006, 16:46
i like mine so i wouldnt change, its unusal although it does bug me when people spell it wrong and call me Lisa :angry:

Sam-Elle
07-12-2006, 17:41
Nah I wouldnt change my name... to much hassle if you ask me. But if I was to i'd go by my middle name.

Chris_2k11
07-12-2006, 17:54
Nah I wouldn't. I don't like mine but not enough for me to mess around changing it.

Kim
07-12-2006, 17:56
I wouldn't change my first name, but would consider having my middle name removed.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-12-2006, 17:58
No.. I hate my name but as Mr Clause - Birks, said.. too much mess to go through.

CrazyLea
07-12-2006, 18:11
I'm not keen on my name, so I probably would change it either :hmm:

To Siobhan.. So is your name pronounce Jovanne, not Shivorn? :eek: I been saying it wrong for you all this time lol.

Chloe O'brien
08-12-2006, 00:10
I wouldn't change my name as I get called all different names. My real name is Kathleen but the only ones that use it are my sisters and brothers. At work I'm Katie, Kat,or Kath so I don't mind. My mum used to hate people not using our proper names. I remember once my brother had a nickname and his friend came to the house for him, when my mum went to answer the door and he asked for my brother by his nickname my mum said sorry there is no-one with that name lives here.

Siobhan
08-12-2006, 09:10
I'm not keen on my name, so I probably would change it either :hmm:

To Siobhan.. So is your name pronounce Jovanne, not Shivorn? :eek: I been saying it wrong for you all this time lol.

It is pronounce Shiv-von.. or Shove on... Damn Irish spelling (we dont' have enought letters in our alphabet)

alan45
08-12-2006, 09:56
It is pronounce Shiv-von.. or Shove on... Damn Irish spelling (we dont' have enought letters in our alphabet) I always remember the Knock knock joke when thinking of how to pronounce your name. Of course its easier for me I was brought up with people with Irish names so I know how to pronounce Aoife, Áine Aisling Dearbháil Deirdre Eithne Fionnuala Gráinne Méabh Niamh Órlaith etc:)

Xx-Vicky-xX
08-12-2006, 10:25
I would get mine changed but only to Vicky (real name is Victoria) most of my teachers understand i like Vicky not Victoria but there is always one who doesn't remember because its down as Victoria in the register and on all my folders and stuff like that and it is really annoying when you get that one who doesn't remember so yes i want it changed to Vicky

Tannie
08-12-2006, 14:08
I would never change my real name i like it to much. My mum chose Tanya as it's quite an unusual name around here.

DaVeyWaVey
08-12-2006, 19:23
I would never change my name! I like the name Dave, though my little sister calls me Davey. :D

di marco
09-12-2006, 22:04
i wouldnt change my name, i dont particularly like it, but im getting more used to it. plus it would be too much effort and money to change it

Jojo
09-12-2006, 22:43
i wouldnt change my name, i dont particularly like it, but im getting more used to it. plus it would be too much effort and money to change it £250 to change by deed poll (or at least it was 10 years ago, so price may have changed, but not dramatically I shouldn't think). You see a solicitor - if over 18, you sign the paperwork, its done..if under 18, your parents sign the paperwork, and thats it.

xxloopylauraxx
15-04-2007, 17:14
i would change mine but idont know what to. even though my names really easy to say people still call me lauren they think i shorten my name down to laura. its annoying lauren is a different name altogether!! but a few people said i 'look like' a charlotte. dont quiet know how someone can look like a different name.

Bad Wolf
15-04-2007, 17:17
years ago i wanted to change my surname as i hate my dad and share his surname. i wanted to change it to Harrison as it was my mothers maidens name and obviously the name of my granddad whom i have so much love and respect for. i was actually christened with the name but it was changed to my dads name when they married

Abigail
19-04-2007, 11:40
£250 to change by deed poll (or at least it was 10 years ago, so price may have changed, but not dramatically I shouldn't think).

Is that to change your surname when you get married as well? Thats rather expensive just to change your name.

Siobhan
19-04-2007, 12:38
£250 to change by deed poll (or at least it was 10 years ago, so price may have changed, but not dramatically I shouldn't think).

Is that to change your surname when you get married as well? Thats rather expensive just to change your name.

when you get married you can take your partners name for free.. you dont' have to pay for that

JustJodi
19-04-2007, 13:37
I hate my first name,,,,,,,, no gang my name is not JODI... it is a combination of my first name...I love being called LADY HAMILTON ( sounds quite posh ...ooooh am I sounding more British every time I post ????:hmm: )
Actually my first name is unusual and no one knows me by that name cos people have known me by Jodi for so long that only the "authorities " know my real name hee hee of course if my mother is peed off with me ( and shes 86 now ) she will call me all my names ....:lol:
But change it legally, nah too much of a hassle, I got my maiden name back for free when I divorced my last husband.:D