PDA

View Full Version : Fired and moved house

Rain_
05-12-2006, 11:26
Hey guys. I know i don't post as often as i should but i have a bit of a dilema. I have a skin condition and have been persecuted and humilliated because of it. I have now been fired for it as my peers have seen fit to call it "flea bites" I have been on the ACAS website and secured my rights but this does nothing for my mental torture. I moved house yesterday and this is one of the most stressfull things a person can go through. How do i get through this without declaring myself insane????:wall:

alan45
05-12-2006, 11:47
I think that is absolutely disgusting. Who TF do they think they are. They all deserve to be dragged through the courts and an example made of them. Consult a solicitor and try to get the local press to name and shame the people involved. :angry:

Siobhan
05-12-2006, 11:47
What??? :eek::eek: you were fired because of a skin condition? and people were calling it Flea bites? that is totally outrageous... sorry I would have lost it

If it any worry of your mind, the move house stress soon goes.. I have been through it loads of time and each time I just leave some boxes unpacked and say to hell with it... the trick is take regular tea breaks

Jessie Wallace
05-12-2006, 11:53
This is disgusting, no-one can do this, i'm with Alan on what you should do, it's totally out of order, go get yourself some professional advise :mad:

Jojo
05-12-2006, 12:33
I have got to say this is disgusting Rain! You definitely need to consult someone professionally about this, if nothing else. You cannot be harrassed in your job like this and those that have been doing this should be taken to task for it!

:angry:

pinkfirefly
05-12-2006, 12:41
You really should go and see someone at the CAB, they'll act on your behalf for free, (cheaper than a sol).

I don't know what industry you work in but if its catering then a skin condition would be a food safety problem - but I'm not saying its sackable.

If you've worked for the same employer for a year then the CAB will probably tell you to take your case to an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal & I would think they would represent you, if they won't fill in a IT1 form for a tribunal either online or get one from your local job centre & represent yourself.

Its definately worth a shot!

Rain_
05-12-2006, 12:54
I'm an insurance accident investigator and the skin condition i have is pityriasis versicolour (sp) The allegations made are by 2 people who assume because i don't spend £50 a week on hair treatments etc, that my "face doesn't fit" for want of a better expresion. I have been ridiculed for being a single parent, humilliated for being foreign and persecuted for having a disability. I have consulted the CAB (thank you for that, i wasn't sure they would help) and they have stated that i have a very strong case. I just hope with moving and losing my job that i am strong enough to continue with this.

Siobhan
05-12-2006, 13:04
Rain, for everyone whos face "just doesn't fit" please please be strong. This is a really good case against your employer.. Do it for us little people who are constantly been messed around with job interviews, promotion or just plain life.. If you feel really low, talk to us and we will help you get your strength back but dont' give up and let this go.. I am behind you 100% on this

Rain_
05-12-2006, 13:25
Thanks guys you've been fantastic...apparently not only do i have a case of disability discrimination but also racial. I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through this and would urge anyone who has suffered this to speak out on here. There is no discrmination, no judgement, and a whole lot of help.

In the words of willy wonka "i shake you warmly by the hand" :)

Jojo
05-12-2006, 13:28
Let us know how it goes Rain - we are all totally behind you on this one though! Be strong and we are here for a rant or anything else, when ever you need us

alan45
05-12-2006, 13:39
I'm an insurance accident investigator and the skin condition i have is pityriasis versicolour (sp) The allegations made are by 2 people who assume because i don't spend £50 a week on hair treatments etc, that my "face doesn't fit" for want of a better expresion. I have been ridiculed for being a single parent, humilliated for being foreign and persecuted for having a disability. I have consulted the CAB (thank you for that, i wasn't sure they would help) and they have stated that i have a very strong case. I just hope with moving and losing my job that i am strong enough to continue with this. They must be complete ar**holes. They have broken every rule in the book. Do they think they are living in Victorian times. Their HR manager will be in deep doodoo as well as senior management.

Rain_
05-12-2006, 13:47
They must be complete ar**holes. They have broken every rule in the book. Do they think they are living in Victorian times. Their HR manager will be in deep doodoo as well as senior management.

I hope they do all get into trouble...the silly thing is...all i want is an apology

Siobhan
05-12-2006, 13:51
I hope they do all get into trouble...the silly thing is...all i want is an apology

You know what? that is not silly at all.. I would expect the same

alan45
05-12-2006, 14:17
I hope they do all get into trouble...the silly thing is...all i want is an apology I would demand more than an apology. They deserve to be publicly humiliated as they have humiliated you. This should be published in the newspapers. They would have a field day with these Dickensian employers. Take this as far as it will go

Em
05-12-2006, 14:49
OMG Rain this is awful !

Please keep in there ... the legal process is long and slow but worthwhile when victory is gained.

Contact your local and nationla press if needs be .... 'Out' these guys for the morons they are

xx

Katy
05-12-2006, 14:50

I not surprised. Glad the CAB helped there really helpful. I hope it all goes well for you. I imagine the boss will have some serious questions to answer as well. Any discrimination in the work place and it needs to be sorted as otherwise it will happen everywhere.

moving house will setle soon enough. I never experienced it as i was only little when we moved and thought it was a big adventure. but i can imagine how stressful it must be.

Anyway Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon enough.

Trinity
05-12-2006, 20:22
Well done Rain, don't let them get away with this. The country need people like you who are willing to stand up against discrimination of any kind.

What should matter is how well you can do your job, not skin conditions, hair doos, race or anything else.

I would be looking for more than an apology!

I hope that you find a better job where you are respected.

Re. moving house. Unpack one room at a time and take your time! Always make sure the kettle, teabags, milk biscuits and mugs are easy to find.

Crazy Gal 88
05-12-2006, 21:18
id definitely want more than an apology - this is disgraceful! i hope your case goes well - it desrves to!:)

Chloe O'brien
05-12-2006, 22:00
Take them for everything Rain. This is a disgusting thing to happen to anyone in today's society. You can claim for constructive dissmissal, which means that you were force out of you job through no fault of you own. As for the unpacking give yourself time to cope with this ordeal and try and unpack a box a day. Just remember there are plenty of people here who won't judge you. Take care.

Dr. Tangliss
06-12-2006, 08:29
Hey guys. I know i don't post as often as i should but i have a bit of a dilema. I have a skin condition and have been persecuted and humilliated because of it. I have now been fired for it as my peers have seen fit to call it "flea bites" I have been on the ACAS website and secured my rights but this does nothing for my mental torture. I moved house yesterday and this is one of the most stressfull things a person can go through. How do i get through this without declaring myself insane????:wall:

:eek:

WTF! They can't treat you like that, get yourself down to a solicitors and see what your legal stance is.

Discrimination in the workplace is taken seriously, and the humiliation you have endured will also stand up in court!

Take them for what you can get and don't let them walk over you. Chances are if they have done this to you they will do it again to someone else, so stop it from happening again.

I wish you all the best.:)

pinkfirefly
06-12-2006, 10:05
Glad you got in touch with CAB Rain, hope it all goes well for you! It may take some time to sort out but make sure you keep going with it, anyway as CAB is free it ain't costing you ought is it.

In my opionion employers who have those views shouldn't be in business in this day and age.

From the bits I've read on here it does sound like you have a good case for unfair dismissal on the grounds of discrimiation, therefore it wouldn't matter how long you worked for them.

Make sure you keep us posted with you your progress, because I'm sure I can speak for everyone and say we'd love to know what happens.

Chloe
07-12-2006, 13:19
Hi Rain,

I am sorry that you have been treated this way - it's totally out of order. As already mentioned, in this day and age not getting on with colleagues is no reason to fire someone, especially when they have been bullying you ! Did they give you an official reason for dismissing you, as they would have needed to have found fault with your work, timekeeping etc to do this. Has any action been taken against these bullys by the management ? I know it sounds obvious, but please keep a diary of the events that have happened and of all written correspondence for when this goes to court.

Do not let them break you down - why should you suffer due to the juvenile mentallity of your ex-colleagues ? Don't let them get away with it, if anything channel your frustration into getting a court hearing and show them to be what they really are. Like someone has already mentioned, I don't hink that their company bosses will be too pleased with the publicity when this goes to court. Remebber to stay calm and stay fair - do not sink to their level.Take care, and keep your chin up.

Rain_
12-12-2006, 13:45
I've started proceedings against the company and this morning my legal representative had a hearing with higher management....guess what?....they didn't show up for the meeting !!!!!!!!!!

To me thats admitting guilt and my solicitor has agreed and will now be firing off a very "stern" letter to the company solicitors.

It seems to be going better than i thought !!

alan45
12-12-2006, 14:17
GREAT News. The courts will take a very dim view of them not attending. It goes to prove what a***holes they really are. Good

Skits
12-12-2006, 16:16
that's terrible the way they treated you rain. do as much damage to them as possible. ignorant prople who think they're something special.