PDA

View Full Version : Reflection of 2006

Abbie
02-12-2006, 10:33
Heya, well It December now, the 12th month of the year and its nearly 2007. hasnt the past year gone really quick!!?
Well I thought We could have a thread leading up to christmas and well the new year where we can talk about our highlights of the year, Including some of your fav moments On soapboards.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
02-12-2006, 11:19
I remember making this thread last year :lol: How time flies!!

Don't really have any highlights of SB.. but.. I did enjoy.. sbbb2 starting (was well funny reading how everyone thought I would be in it and I never was :lol: Did tell you didn't I :lol:) and Debs winning :D I wanted Beryl to win anyways so that was good!!.. + SBLI starting.. never had one of them before!! :p (reminds me.. need to catch up!!)

Have some of the year.. like parties, school and stuff :) x Everyday is a good day lol x

23 days till Christmas!! :D!! x

Abbie
02-12-2006, 11:30
Well actaully one of mine would have to be something that happened yesterday, when my mum surprised me and told me that next saturday she is taking me to London to see the Lion King!!!!! Im soooooo excited!!!

Katy
02-12-2006, 13:17
cant believe its nearly 2007, 2006 has flown by.

highlights for me would include, sailing at southport and wining the open at my club. Also all the band events have been brill and as ever my Manchester City, following them over the past year was a bit of rollercoaster.

The six nations Irelands triple crown and Watching Mayo in the all Ireland. My 2006 highlughts.

On Sb taking part in SBBB, but just all the great discussions we have had.

TV Moment of the year was hollyoaks fire.

Siobhan
04-12-2006, 12:37
On a personal level it has just been watching my Son grow over the year, his first tooth, step, word and spending his birthday in germany

On Soapboard, it had to be SBBB1 when I had to play a 70th year old woman who loved to flirt, I miss Beth. Reading the season finale of Devon Seas and the whole Warehouse explosion.. Fab work Bry and Abi

For sports, Ireland winning the triple crown (major highlight) and saying goodbye to Michael Schumacher (will miss him :crying: )

For TV it has to be the storylines in H&W, love Eastenders all year round. I'm a celeb was fun this year but over all it has to be LOST... that show gets better and better.

That is my reflection but I am sure I will think of many many more things. Oh and getting to know people on here more over the year and chatting to newer people (hey Vicky)

Debs
04-12-2006, 14:00
For me seeing connor start school has been a highlight, hes growing so fast.

On soapboards my highlights have been takling part in the 2 soapboards, first as kyle and secondly playing Beryl :cheer: I loved playing her, a bit of her is always in me :D and getting to know a few more of you, you all know who you are :D but getting to know Jojomum and chatting to someone who shares my same sort of sense of humour but is always there to hear me rant, moan, chat, has been fab, just wish she lived nearer!!! Hope to chat to more over the next year!

Jojo
04-12-2006, 14:23
For me seeing connor start school has been a highlight, hes growing so fast.

On soapboards my highlights have been takling part in the 2 soapboards, first as kyle and secondly playing Beryl :cheer: I loved playing her, a bit of her is always in me and getting to know a few more of you, you all know who you are :D but getting to know Jojomum and chatting to someone who shares my same sort of sense of humour but is always there to hear me rant, moan, chat, has been fab, just wish she lived nearer!!! Hope to chat to more over the next year! Hun!!!! I'm gonna sit here crying now I hope you realise!!! Move your butt down here!! Then we can have coffee together :D!!

But seriously Debs - you've been there for me through a lot of stuff too (you know which parts I mean too babes) - I will get up your way soon - thats my goal for 2008!!

My highlights, making more friends, enjoying all of your company, being in both SBBB and getting slated in both :rotfl: But still won one and third second :cheer:

Liam turning 1 and Ste a teenager has been a highlight too, no matter how old it makes me feel!! :rotfl: (Just call me Mrs Pattersonnnn :rotfl: )

Our business going from strength to strength and purchasing our first business unit also has to be a highlight aswell.

Theres too much to possibly think of, but all in all, apart from a few dips - its been a great year :D

Debs
04-12-2006, 14:26
Hun!!!! I'm gonna sit here crying now I hope you realise!!! Move your butt down here!! Then we can have coffee together

But seriously Debs - you've been there for me through a lot of stuff too (you know which parts I mean too babes) - I will get up your way soon - thats my goal for 2008!!

:D
:D
I would be there in a shot, once i win the lottery i told you, Ill buy up all the houses in your area and turn it into debems land :rotfl:

2008!!!!! :eek: Thats another year :eek: How about making it your goal of 2007 :D:lol::D

Jojo
04-12-2006, 14:28
I would be there in a shot, once i win the lottery i told you, Ill buy up all the houses in your area and turn it into debems land :rotfl:

2008!!!!! :eek: Thats another year How about making it your goal of 2007 :lol: OMG :rotfl: Age...its getting to me now!!! Wheres the zimmer frame?!?! I had it here earlier :rotfl:

I'll do it in 2007 too How does that sound ?! :D :D :rotfl:

Nutter......lol

Debs
04-12-2006, 14:31
OMG :rotfl: Age...its getting to me now!!! Wheres the zimmer frame?!?! I had it here earlier :rotfl:

I'll do it in 2007 too How does that sound ?! :rotfl:

Nutter......lol

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Sounds great to me, although devon is still a huge poss for next years hols, you may have me on your doorstep :D:D

Jojo
04-12-2006, 14:34
Sounds fab to me!!! :cheer:

Oh, and the other great thing that happened during the year was Stephen being nominated and accepted into NAGTY and then doing that course a couple of weeks ago with Tim Burton :cheer:

Tori
04-12-2006, 15:50
Okay, well personally these are my highlights:
having more freedom to go out with friends, and the summer- that just about envelops everything! On here I have to say it was taking part (although not very well!) in sbbb2 and just chatting to people on the boards really!

Katy
04-12-2006, 16:15
I really cant believe its nearly 2007, i havent set any goals yet that i bound not to stick to i do it every year. i have another achievement of 2006 which was moving up seats in the band, which means i must have improved YAY!!. I thought id be stuch 3rd cornet forever.

Jojo
04-12-2006, 16:20
Okay, well personally these are my highlights:
having more freedom to go out with friends, and the summer- that just about envelops everything! On here I have to say it was taking part (although not very well!) in sbbb2 and just chatting to people on the boards really! Were you in it hun?? Who were you??

Bryan
04-12-2006, 18:32
Soapboards - it's sure a great place to me, with some great debates and discussions and some seriously great people

Highlights: SBBB 1 & 2 - Dawn has done a BRILLIANT job!

Also 3 superb mates for life, Ems, Debs, Abi, and some other really superb people who i speak to loads and loads on MSN (You all know who you are :D )

But yeah, if I was to walk away from SBs tonight I'd have Ems, Debs and Abi, they are my rocks, best mates you could ever wish for, funny, kind, caring, sensative, intresting and just superb in every way. You know how I feel about you all, one of your in particular.

I have a feeling 2007 is going to be a brilliant year for me, and I hope to share it with you all on Soapboards! ! !

Jojo
06-12-2006, 19:32
Also 3 superb mates for life, Ems, Debs, Abi, and some other really superb people who i speak to loads and loads on MSN (You all know who you are :D )

But yeah, if I was to walk away from SBs tonight I'd have Ems, Debs and Abi, they are my rocks, best mates you could ever wish for, funny, kind, caring, sensative, intresting and just superb in every way. You know how I feel about you all, one of your in particular.

I have a feeling 2007 is going to be a brilliant year for me, and I hope to share it with you all on Soapboards! ! ! Am I that one?! Am I?! Am I?! :D :lol:

Bless you though Bry. You're a bit like a younger brother to me - frustrating and annoying at times (like I am :lol: ), but youre a fab friend...

CrazyLea
06-12-2006, 19:47
My highlights Soapboards wise isssss, participating in the Big Brothers of course :D Well done to Dawny and Bry for that :)
And making/talking to all the mates I have on here, particularly the closer ones (Thou should know who thou are :p) I love everyone on here, it really is a friendly place to be :) Here's to another year eh :D

And out of Soapboards.. erm... Oo going to Brighton with my mates.. that was my first holiday without family or college/school, so was cool. And making the new mates I have at college, spesh as I was worried I'd make none :D

Amber
06-12-2006, 21:22
Hmm highlights of 2006..

On SBs every day has been great, whether it was just saying hello on the shoutbox or posting bits of my fic or chatting about EE. Taking part as George M in LI was fun too. It's just been an amazing year :)

I didn't think I'd ever have so much in common with some of you guys on here, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just I've never really got to know people on a message board/chat room as much as I have here.

The person I probably know the most is Layne. You're funny, you always reply if I post my fic/new fanart (same goes for you Di Marco :)), you share the same sort of interest in gorgeous blokes (Daniel Craig, Joel Beckett, Nigel Harman to name a few..) and you understand just how amazingly pretty and fantastically brilliant at acting the lovely Tracy Ann Oberman is :wub: :D

Out of SBs it's been great too. There has been some highs and some lows but overall it's been good. I went to see Kelly Clarkson in Manchester in March, performed 'Alice and Her Sister in Wonderland' open air for the REC :), saw my old friend (after 4-ish years), went to Disneyland with 2 of my best mates Eleanor and Rachel and more recently got an A for my monologue :D and today I became Lady Gwyneth Parsley Lionheart Windermere (if I had to explain you wouldn't understand :rolleyes:)

So thanks everyone for a fab year :D

DaVeyWaVey
06-12-2006, 21:44
Well the highlights of this year..

Personal: My work experience! It was really great, i really enjoyed it and i got my first article published in the paper and the work people laminated it for me to keep! I was so happy! And since i have loads of newspaper articles published, and i want to do journalism when i'm older, so it has given me lots of experience! Also staying with my cousins in Devon for 5 days, it was really fun and i had a good laugh with them!
And just spending time with my mates has been great! I will never forget when i walked into the cinema door and nearly got a black eye! :rotfl:

Soapboards has been great this year! I just love coming on here and meeting and chatting to lots of new people, joining in discussions etc. I loved reading Devon Seas this year and all the other soaps! Also i enjoyed taking part in SBBB2..so much fun playing camp drag queen Graham! :D

I also have made some great friends and i enjoy chatting to you all as your so friendly! I hope to continue to chatting to you all in 2007! Writing Hinston High has been really good, writing it on here has been great..and Vixie Lou is one of the best friends i've made in particular. Thanks to her for helping me write Hinston High, she's great! :D

Here's to 2007!

di marco
09-12-2006, 22:09
my highlights for the year:

sb - making more new friends this year and just generally still liking coming on here, cant think of anything else really atm lol!

personal - getting my alevels and going to uni, making loads of new friends at uni, going to america on hols, living away from home for the first time, just times ive spent with my friends (new and old) just some of the stuff ive done this year with my friends has been really good/funny and some of it ill remember for ages! and this might sound silly but learning a lot, not as in academic stuff, but just in decisions ive made and situations ive been in, realising how things that you do wrong are as important as things you do right! (that probably didnt make any sense or made me sound sad but still!) theres probably loads more things but i cant think of them atm

Kim
09-12-2006, 22:44
2006 has been a great year for me on here as I talk more to the people of SB's now, rather than just posting in the EastEnders forum. Not much more to add about SB, I don't have the time to participate in anything, and I couldn't do that with this computer.

Personal - I've got some great new mates after sharing a room with them on a school trip. Also got 7's in English, Maths and Science at the end of KS3, so was really pleased about that. Managed to keep in touch with some old mates a lot more this year, so that was good.

Here's to 2007, not including the numerous exams, english monologue and intermediate maths challenge that I am being forced to enter.

Abi
10-12-2006, 00:20
My fab points of the year...

Sb's: SBBB1. I loved it at the time, even if i didn't think i did when i was in it. I had such a laugh playing Dan, and as it was new at the time, it was more unexpected than it might be now. Also, becoming a mod. It was totally unexpected for me, but was great, so yeah... thanks! :D

Personal: Passing my exams, and making some faaaab friends this year. I'm in the same year group in 6th form this year, as in year 11, but i'm hanging around with so many different people, that its been great for me. Also, getting a job, and meeting even more great people, who i love to pieces.

I've had a bit of a ****ty year, because of family issues, which i haven't spoken to anyone about really on here, but i've had some great moments, which has been great for me. Both on here, and personally in my "real" life.

Pinkbanana
10-12-2006, 00:45
Ive had a pretty good and very busy year. Had a blast really, though the year has just flown by. Had a good mate get married, and other top moments to reflect back on.

Discovering soapboards has been a highlight too, not to mention providing me with a welcome distraction, whilst Im on the ol computer supposedly working! As if!!!! Ive talked to some really top peeps on here. I have to say some are slightly crazzzeeeee folk (llama lovers, people who want to kidnap EE's Big Mo, and Charlotte Church/Terry wogan fans, not too mention peeps with Millets vouchers). :eek: :lol: Also one of the best things on here is the fabulous Caught Up With The Waves! :cheer: Written by the hilarious D1. :) whom I first came across when I read a post of hers and spilt very hot coffee over myself because I was laughing so much at what she had written. :lol:

I wish everyone a fun filled Crimbo and a happy new year! :D

Im looking forward to 2007.