PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Episodes

Hopes
29-11-2006, 23:40
Why is it that every single sunday Emmerdale always finishes at about 20 past 7 or just after it? Why is this, has anyone not noticed that it's only a sunday and not the rest of the week, i mean if you look at mon-fri episodes they usually finish about 7. 27pm ish whereas sunday's is always much earlier. And also the breaks sometimes come on at before 7.10pm and other times it's about 7.15pm it's just annoying.

Richie_lecturer
30-11-2006, 00:51
Don't think Sunday eps finish that early, but no later than 7:25 so you are sort-of right. It finishes earlier as there's no ads inbetween Sunday's Emmerdale, probably due to low TV audiences. Personally because of this, I don't see the point of having Emmerdale on Sundays.

The ads change time during the week to reflect viewing figure trends, so they try and catch the most people. E.g. most people might be watching at 7:10 on Tuesday, but 7:15 on Monday.

Does that make any sense?

deadlyvampiress
30-11-2006, 00:56
I'd just like to say, it ran past 8 on tuesday on the hour ep. I missed the end as hollyoaks was starting on e4 which was kind of annoying. Slightly off topic though. I've never really noticed that they run that differently.