PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Problem...

Abi
29-11-2006, 22:12
Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did about it...

I got my mobile last April, but recently the battery has been running out within 1 day. I can live with that though. Anyway, yesterday i got it out of my bag, and it said to insert the SIM card, even though the SIM card was already in it. So i turned it off, took the SIM out, put it back in, and it still wont recognise it was in there.

I did that a few times, and it would't recognise it at all.

I tried it in my old phone, and it works fine, so it must just be something with my Newer phone, i figured...

So has anyone got any tips as to what i should do? I think i have the receipt around somewhere for it, so will the Carphone Warehouse exchange it, even though its nearly 8 months old?

Thanks! :D

Meh
30-11-2006, 00:28
Have you tried with a different SIM card?

deadlyvampiress
30-11-2006, 00:52
I had problems with my phone's battery running out and the screen freezing and just took it to the carphone warhouse and they just fixed the problem. I suppose if you want a new phone you could exchange it; as far as I know it doesn't matter how old they are. They usually value how much yours would be worth (I think the go by how old the model is) and how ever much the new phone costs you pay the difference. I'm pretty sure thats what happened when my dad exchanged his phone for a newer one. Like I said though, they will usually just fix the problem for you.

Londoner
30-11-2006, 09:53
I had the same problem, i also got mine in April, i rang the manufactor (Spelling!) and they sent me and jiffy bag to send it back to them, they repaired it and sent it back to me within 5 days and it did not cost me a penny :cheer: As it was not my fault the phone would not read the sim!

Although i will never buy the same make of phone again, some of my firends have had the same problem and they sent there back too.

I soooooo hope santa will buy me a nice new phone for xmas, i can only hope:hmm:

Kim
30-11-2006, 18:00
I was under the impression that they'd do an exchange until the phone is a year old.