PDA

View Full Version : Mexico - Cancun

Luna
18-11-2006, 23:08
Has Anyone been to Cancun?

Ive just booked up today - i know nothing about the area and nightlife never been before and this was a whim thing.....so any info or advice would be brilliant

livinlife
18-11-2006, 23:18
hi, ive been it was really good! when i went we went to akumal to so had about a week in each place it depends where you go for the nightlife if you end up in a backstreet then you can get dusty roads with it like deserted but stick to the public areas and it'll be fab! it's a great place to go! sun sea and fun! just watch out for the hurricane season lol we nearly got caught in one had our table blown over

Luna
18-11-2006, 23:24
Hurricanes??? :eek: :eek:

been reading on trip advisor and half the people hate the place we're going to and half love it so dont know what to think. But we got a good deal on it.....just need to find the money now :rotfl:

Luna
18-11-2006, 23:26
hi, ive been it was really good! when i went we went to akumal to so had about a week in each place it depends where you go for the nightlife if you end up in a backstreet then you can get dusty roads with it like deserted but stick to the public areas and it'll be fab! it's a great place to go! sun sea and fun! just watch out for the hurricane season lol we nearly got caught in one had our table blown over

whats the food like? im really fussy.....

livinlife
18-11-2006, 23:31
dont worry about the hurricanes sometimes mexico dont even get them-ive heared anyway but they're not major anyway and we just git the end of them in august i think it was......food is good depends on what you like but you can eat the traditional food ...spicy dips, fajitas etc or you can have the good old english grub :D theres practically a cafe somewhere around the place, when i went we just got off the ferry from cozumel (where we landed) so had to get the ferry across to cancun but around that area there were loads of cafes out by the sea, anyway im gonna stop blabbering basically food is all good theres lots of variety

alan45
19-11-2006, 06:59
whats the food like? im really fussy..... You will have no worries. The cater mainly for the Americans so everything has to be bigger and better, We were in Playa Del Carmen which is about 20 miles awy and had a fantastic holiday. Relax and enjoy.

Luna
21-08-2007, 12:57
3 weeks until i go!!! For some strange reason i have a feeling that we're going to have to change our destination

moonstorm
21-08-2007, 14:05
My sister is just back from there. Hr family managed to get one of the last planes out - thankfully!! But up until then, she said it was her best holiday ever. I don't think the storm hit Cancun full on, so fingers crossed it should be ok for you to go.

Chloe O'brien
22-08-2007, 22:48
Oh Luna I hope the hurrican is long gone before your holiday after all that planning. My nephew and his new Mrs were due to fly out to florida on Monday but because of his sister taking ill they tried to cancel the honeymoon but they couldn't get a refund so instead they had to pay an extra £150 to change it to October.