PDA

View Full Version : Christmas At Casualty

Footie_Chick
17-11-2006, 13:40
Behind the scenes, upcoming Christmas episodes of CASUALTY have been suggested to be some of the best episodes to date.

The last two years have seen CASUALTY team up with sister show HOLBY CITY for special merge episodes, however this year CASUALTY will go it alone in an exciting two-part Christmas special.

Written by Waking the Dead creator Barbara Machin, who has also written previous episodes of CASUALTY including Perfect Blue, Everlasting Love and A Reasonable Man, Producer Jane Dauncey has described them as 'psycholigical thrillers'.

'You'll get to see the hospital, as you've never seen it before,' she reveals.

The episodes also star ex-Spandau Ballet star Gary Kemp, who plays a doting father called Matthew. He is distraught when his wife Laura, played by Waking the Dead actress Holly Aird, rushes into the ED with their daughter.

However they discover it's not the girl who's ill but Laura, who has Munchausen's by Proxy and is harming her.

With the departure of nurse Ellen this December - her departure being kept secret but promising to surprise and shock viewers, Jane Dauncey also revealed the New Year will also have some explosive scenes, 'We have a fabulous stunt when a prison van overturns - obviously having a bunch of prisoners in the emergency department makes for some good, dramatic scenarios.'

CrazyLea
17-11-2006, 14:54
Oo should be good!
I wonder how Ellen leaves.. do you reckon she'll die? Or just leave..

Mr Humphries
17-11-2006, 15:01
I love Gary Kemp can't wait to see this ! Wipeeee :cheer:

squillyfer
17-11-2006, 16:39
does this mean we have no form of holby city xmas at all?

samantha nixon
17-11-2006, 18:34
this looks really good and i hope ellen dont die i want her to just leave as then she might come back

Chloe O'brien
17-11-2006, 20:21
I hope Ellen doesn't die. I know she was a bit of a bitch to Nina & Abs when she first arrived in the show, but I would like her to leave on a happy note.

samantha nixon
17-11-2006, 20:32
yh i didnt realy like her when she first joined but she has really grown on me and i dont want her to go

DaVeyWaVey
18-11-2006, 12:06
I don't think she will be killed off, can't wait too see how she leaves though!

xxloopylauraxx
18-11-2006, 16:35
surely they cant kill off ellen after shes battled cancer, itll b too much like holby citys storyline with trica- beats cancer comes back and the ndies in a car crash.