PDA

View Full Version : EastEnders sack Wossy's mum

Mr Humphries
16-11-2006, 09:39
EASTENDERS bosses have sacked Jonathan Ross’s actress mum — after she leaked a top secret Christmas storyline.

Veteran extra Martha Ross, 67, has played a Bridge Street market trader for 21 years.

She recently filmed scenes with Wendy Richard (Pauline Fowler) after the star asked producers for her to be in them.

But Martha later revealed details of Pauline’s explosive exit to her other son Paul, a radio DJ — who repeated them on his LBC show.

Bosses of the BBC1 soap hit the roof. A furious senior production worker rang Martha’s agent and told her: “She’ll never work for EastEnders again — her son Paul has ruined her career.”

An irate Paul then rang the Beeb and allegedly launched into a foul-mouthed tirade. The person who answered was apparently told: “Drop dead.”

Pals claim upset Martha was further insulted when she was asked to lend her coat to a replacement extra to finish the shoot. The show wasted £100 of taxpayers’ money on a taxi to pick it up.

A friend of Martha’s said last night: “She was treated so badly, it’s a disgrace. She’s worked on EastEnders for 21 years and has only ever been a loyal actress.

“The storylines are always well known beforehand anyway. Besides, Paul only has about 100,000 listeners.” A show insider hit back: “We’re fuming about this.”

A BBC spokeswoman said: “She was in breach of her contract.”

TV BIZ is campaigning for Martha to get her job back. Email support to [email protected]

Source: The Sun 16.11.06

dddMac1
16-11-2006, 15:38
she should of never of revealed the storyline but they should not of sacked her

Jojo
16-11-2006, 15:57
If its a breach of contract, its a breach of contract....

Sorry, but she knew that Paul was bound to let these details slip especially such a "big, explosive" storyline such as Paulines exit. She should have been in the business long enough to know that you can't breach your contract of employment and expect no come backs from it.

crazygirl
16-11-2006, 16:23
i didnt know that was jonathan's mum!!!!!

babs_ess
16-11-2006, 21:03
seriously, did she think her son Paul would keep quiet..especially with it being such an explosive storyline thats meant to be very hush hush..eh no!!

JustJodi
16-11-2006, 22:33
Honestly she breached contract plain and simple, :readtheru now I wonder if EE will go and change Paulines exit now, cos of blabber mouth Martha ??:searchme:
I guess her son is hoping to draw in more than 100,000 listeners with that piece of info...:rolleyes: what a muppet :moonie:

Cornishbabe
16-11-2006, 23:31
if its a breach of contract then she should be sacked. i still dont know what happens though

alan45
16-11-2006, 23:44
Breach of contract fine. But how on earth can they justify £ 100 0f the taxpayers money for a taxi to pick up a coat. EE should be glad of the publicity. How often to the folks at Elstree deliberately leak storylines. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander

callummc
17-11-2006, 00:02
i actually agree she should be sacked,but so should anyone else who leeks storylines and the beeb have not activly tried to plug leeks before,if the coat belonged to ee why had she took it home in the first place,she should have payed to return it,EE and their moneywasting should be better controlled by the beeb as should their workforce

Chloe O'brien
17-11-2006, 11:15
If she has broke the rules and been in breach of contract then yes she should be sacked. But the same rule should apply to everyone not just extras on the show. I bet she is cursing her son Paul for opening his big fat gob. Has the man no brains

babyblue
17-11-2006, 11:32
I'm annoyed as hell they wasted £100 for a taxi for a bloody coat...

matt1378
18-11-2006, 03:15
anyone know what the leaked storey is???

Pinkbanana
18-11-2006, 09:39
No I dont know what has been leaked, apart from its to do with the Satsuma's (Pauline) leaving storyline.

I guess most of the characters/extras probably do go home and confide in family/friends about what is to happen in future storylines. However, Mrs Ross has two sons working in the media - I think Paul Ross is totally to blame, he was the one shooting his mouth off on the radio (How stupid!!! He must of know that there would be consequences, from blagging a major "top secret" storyline on air).

Enders were 100% right to sack her, she breached her contract, and Paul Ross should take the blame for her being sacked, not blame Enders.

Luna
18-11-2006, 10:42
on this morning yesterday they said that paul ross is threatening to spill all the gossip about ee if she is not re hired

Jojo
18-11-2006, 10:49
on this morning yesterday they said that paul ross is threatening to spill all the gossip about ee if she is not re hired So Paul doesn't understand the parts of contracts that have Non-disclosure clauses in them then, when dealing with sensitive subjects (I had it when I was working in engineering and aircraft engines - if I spilt any details about the parts I was in charge of, I'd have got the sack)

He shouldn't have spilt the beans on his radio show, and she should never have spilt the beans to him in the first place, especially when he is a "TV critic" on some shows.

Resorting to blackmail, is just as pathetic as the EE bosses spending £100 on a taxi to get the coat back.

Why oh why..... *shakes head*

Pinkbanana
18-11-2006, 11:02
on this morning yesterday they said that paul ross is threatening to spill all the gossip about ee if she is not re hired

Well the Beeb want to sue the pants off both him (the by far less talented Ross bro) and his mum, if he does spill the beans!

As if a very small fish like him could take on the might of the Beeb, and get ol' Mrs Ross her job back in such a way! Oh I bet the Beeb are scared of his threat (NOT)!!! :lol:

DaVeyWaVey
18-11-2006, 11:10

Paul Ross is obviously being very stupid then! She deserved to be sacked if she had breached her contract, she's been an extra for years on EE so she must have known not to go blabbing future plots to people...i agree though, Paul Ross is totally too blame, she obviously thought she could trust him but obviously not, as he was stupid enough to blab it on air...thankgod his radio show only has 100,000 listeners!

callummc
18-11-2006, 11:19
he probably can bring ee bad headlines,and he knows it,but if the beeb allow him to hold them to ransom well they are then in a sitution where they cant sack anyone and their contracts arn't worth the paper they are written on,paul ross might become a bigger celebrity because of this but the beeb have long arm and will be hell bent on bringing him down

royc111
18-11-2006, 21:34
Well there's lots of pics of the funeral on sky news, they were out on Thurs/Fri this week - at the same time as this was in the news, so I don't know what the fuss is about. Apparently Wossy's mum retired earlier this year, and only came back at EE request specially for the funeral scenes, so she wouldn't be working there again anyway!

Kim
18-11-2006, 22:52
I say they're trying to make themselves look better. If they really needed to sack her, which they didn't; I'm sure others have got away with a lot worse in the past; at least let her finish the scenes first! They couldn't exactly sack her by saying that there was nothing left for the character to explore; by my calculations she hasn't been in a single episode for 2 years!