PDA

View Full Version : Choc It In, Chuck

Mr Humphries
15-11-2006, 20:31
Cadbury sponsorship of Corrie comes to an end after 10 years
By Brian Roberts
CORONATION Street is looking for a new sponsor after Cadbury decided to end its £10million a year contract.

Marketing director Phil Rumbol said: "Cadbury has had a wonderful 10-year association with the programme but, like many of its famous characters, it's time to say goodbye to the Street.

"We initially signed a two-year deal in 1996, so the fact we stayed for a decade shows our commitment. It is time to redeploy our marketing spend elsewhere." It is thought some senior executives had become concerned with racy storylines in the soap.

Cadbury's website recently said: "In a programme which attempts to reflect contemporary life there may from time-to-time be elements which some viewers may find objectionable.

"We have noticed changes in the pace of the scripts recently and we are conscious that not everyone will respond positively to these changes." Cadbury is less than halfway through a two-year deal with ITV. They will only be freed from the contract if the broadcaster can find another sponsor.

The contract allows advertising clips at the beginning and end of the show as well as at the start and finish of the advert break.

ITV director Gary Knight said: "This is an incredible sponsorship opportunity to be associated with one of Britain's biggest and best-loved television properties.

"No other programme in the UK boasts an audience that regularly hits 10 million.

Source: The Mirror 15.11.06

babyblue
15-11-2006, 21:20
yay I might actually lose some weight now...although knowing my luck it'll be crisps and I'll have to run into the kitchen for those instead :P

Chris_2k11
15-11-2006, 23:34
Wow 10 years. I remember the crunchie one with the old man walking down the street and the fireworks. "that friday feeling" :cool: :p

Richie_lecturer
16-11-2006, 09:25
They have actually been sponsors for 11 years, since 1995.

DaVeyWaVey
23-11-2006, 21:56
Wow 10 years. I remember the crunchie one with the old man walking down the street and the fireworks. "that friday feeling" :cool: :p

I remember that too! Gosh...that was years back...when i was so young and sitting down and watching it with my parents! :o

Elsie Tanner
19-12-2006, 18:28
I hope that they get a good sponsor.

Somehow Coronation Street and Cadbury worked well together.

I can't see Air Wick or Goodfella's Pizzas 'fitting' in with Coronation Street...if you get me!

Katy
19-12-2006, 19:03
i know what you mean, i cant believe it has been that long though. That Friday feeling was a great one. Also the one with the chocolate men were brilliant. I remember seeing a section on it at Cadburys world in bournville.

Abbie
19-12-2006, 21:11
has it been that long!!!! Well actually ever since I can remember its been cadburys, it would be strange if it was anything else.

Elsie Tanner
19-12-2006, 21:12
I'd like to see no sponsor...but that would never happen!

Abbie
19-12-2006, 21:13
I'd like to see no sponsor...but that would never happen! Lol I dont think it will, So i wodner whos next then.

Elsie Tanner
19-12-2006, 21:15
ClearBlue Pregnancy Tests?

:lol:

Richie_lecturer
19-12-2006, 21:17
Golden Dragon chinese takeaway, Newton St, Salford.

Abbie
19-12-2006, 21:19
Wow well those certainly sound great, something you want to see before you watch good old corrie.