PDA

View Full Version : iPods & Music

Amber
14-11-2006, 20:40
Is there any other way of getting music onto an iPod without using itunes?

Thanks
xx

Layne
14-11-2006, 22:46
No i don't think so, unless you can just like copy and paste it over :searchme:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-11-2006, 07:59
No there isn't.. iPod only works with it's mate iTunes :):p x

Sam-Elle
15-11-2006, 16:23
nope amber...ive tried, no luck

Abi
15-11-2006, 16:36
There are alternatives, they're just not very commonly heard of. The best one is Ephpod i think... I'll PM you some links :)

Kim
15-11-2006, 21:51
I know windows media player doesn't work. I tried it when I first got my Ipod, but all the songs come out as the wrong type and wont copy to the Ipod.

CrazyLea
15-11-2006, 22:05
So it's quite expensive having an Ipod then? How much are the tunes of Itunes?

Kim
15-11-2006, 22:07

I don't know; you can get your songs off of a CD without having to pay anything.

Abi
15-11-2006, 22:20

Its 79p for 1 song, i think. But most people get them off mates, CD's, from the codes of Coke Bottles etc. I only know a handfull of people who actually use the store, because other places are cheaper.

But if you used the iTunes store all the time, then it probably would get expensive, yeah.

Jojo
16-11-2006, 11:22
So it's quite expensive having an Ipod then? How much are the tunes of Itunes? I don't think its expensive - I put mp3 files on mine, copy my fave tracks off of cd's etc onto there etc. Any file can be put on there, I just upload it to my iTunes to then synchronise it onto my iPod.

Siobhan
16-11-2006, 14:03
Its 79p for 1 song, i think.

do you have to still pay that if you upload your own cd like Em does or it is free for you Em???

How come you don't have to do that with MP3 player? sure you can get a decent MP3 for the same price as Ipod and it won't cost you to download to it? or am I been completely stupid as I don't own either mp3 of ipod??

pookie1968uk
16-11-2006, 14:13
we all have mp3 players in our house, not Ipods and they are great! can download music from loads of different download stores too. ok they dont have as much memory in them as the ipod but enough for me!

Jojo
16-11-2006, 15:52
do you have to still pay that if you upload your own cd like Em does or it is free for you Em???

How come you don't have to do that with MP3 player? sure you can get a decent MP3 for the same price as Ipod and it won't cost you to download to it? or am I been completely stupid as I don't own either mp3 of ipod?? No, you only pay for music you purchase from iTunes. Its free to upload your own music etc. Its just things you purchase that you obviously need to pay for.

Siobhan
16-11-2006, 17:37
No, you only pay for music you purchase from iTunes. Its free to upload your own music etc. Its just things you purchase that you obviously need to pay for.

cool.. just wondering wether it would be worth getting one or not.. I know all I will download will be the entire madonna collection :rotfl::rotfl:

Jojo
16-11-2006, 19:05
cool.. just wondering wether it would be worth getting one or not.. I know all I will download will be the entire madonna collection :rotfl::rotfl: Well, I'm upgrading my 2gb Nano when I go to New York, and hubby is having my old one. I have an fm transmitter in the car too, so gone are all my cds in the glove box - just carry my iPod everywhere with me. I would definitely recommend them.

Abigail
21-11-2006, 19:54
My mate got an ipod from america and when he came back it wouldnt charge cos their electricty voltage is lower than ours.

Jojo
24-11-2006, 00:17
Well, I've just plugged my brand spanking new iPod, purchased in the US into my USB drive to sync and charge, and its charging and synchronising fine :searchme:

Has your mate tried charging it through his USB port jelly_belly??

Abigail
24-11-2006, 18:10
I don't know, I'll ask him about it. A bit strange that yours charges and his doesn't :hmm:

Jojo
24-11-2006, 19:02
I don't know, I'll ask him about it. A bit strange that yours charges and his doesn't :hmm:I have to admit, I was slightly concerned when I'd read your post about it not charging, which was why I tried straight away, but it was doing it fine. I know some have had experiences of mains charging being a problem and needing transformers to charge through the mains, but I always charge mine either through my laptops USB or in my car in the FM Transmitter, so *touchs wood*, so far so good...