PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

Loopy Lisa Chez
14-11-2006, 12:32
Does Amy have any fans here? I was never a big fan of hers until she performed drunk on the CC show :lol: her album back to black is a must buy for xmas.

Debs
14-11-2006, 12:46
Does Amy have any fans here? I was never a big fan of hers until she performed drunk on the CC show :lol: her album back to black is a must buy for xmas.

im not really a fan but i love her new single Rehab, one of those songs i just loved since first hearing it.

she was funny on the charlotte church show :rotfl:

Bryan
08-06-2007, 13:04
Thought I'd add a poll to this old thread, get everyone talking about Amy Winehouse.

I've noticed mixed opinions of her on these boards, but more recently I've seen an increased intrest in her, with people changing their opinions on her and her music.

So, what do you think of her?

Debs
08-06-2007, 13:26
well as said above i wasnt a fan but i really like her last songs, keep meaning to download her CD as everyone ive spoken to raves about it and as ive liked all the songs so far im sure i will like it
so yeah my opinion has changed

CrazyLea
08-06-2007, 15:33
I just don't like her at all. I don't think she's got a good voice, sounds strained and whiny most of the time. (For me personally.) Just not my thing I guess.

pookie1968uk
08-06-2007, 16:29
im not too fussed on her to be honest. she may or may not have talent but i cannot see past her as a person to appreciate the music she has to offer! shes just too wierd!

JustJodi
08-06-2007, 16:56
Has any one seen her with out that GOTH make up she wears and that awful hair and costume ??
Saw all of her pix at the MTV awards, she looked like a skinny man in drag:lol: Sorry if any of u are fans of hers. But my partner said she sounds like an old bull frog with a bad cold,,,:searchme:

Bryan
08-06-2007, 19:04
Has any one seen her with out that GOTH make up she wears and that awful hair and costume ??
Saw all of her pix at the MTV awards, she looked like a skinny man in drag:lol: Sorry if any of u are fans of hers. But my partner said she sounds like an old bull frog with a bad cold,,,:searchme:

it's whats on the inside that counts :p

I quite like her look, she doesnt conform to this notion of the glamarous pretty little barbie girl, she doesnt care what people think of her appearance, she is her own person, with her own style - i love the beehive hairdo.

Bryan
08-06-2007, 19:05
im not too fussed on her to be honest. she may or may not have talent but i cannot see past her as a person to appreciate the music she has to offer! shes just too wierd!

I like the fact that shes flawed, she isnt shiny shiny perfect as all these cheesy pop stars try to be, she has her faults, but she is a very talented singer and that's all matters, she brings her life experiences to her songs, raw emotion in some of her songs, especially Love Is A Loosing Game.

And everyone who slags off her voice, at least she's unique and different, maybe not your style, thats fair enough, but I happen to like it lol.

Abigail
08-06-2007, 19:45
I like the fact that shes flawed, she isnt shiny shiny perfect as all these cheesy pop stars try to be, she has her faults, but she is a very talented singer and that's all matters, she brings her life experiences to her songs, raw emotion in some of her songs, especially Love Is A Loosing Game.

And everyone who slags off her voice, at least she's unique and different, maybe not your style, thats fair enough, but I happen to like it lol.

I hated her at first but now I'm growing to like her. Yeah, she has flaws (like her drinking) but at least she doesn't try to hide them like other celebrities do. She's admitted in public that she has a problem which is more than what other "stars" have the balls to do.

Abi
08-06-2007, 23:51
The only song i like of hers is "I'm no good". I mean, i like the fact she has "flaws", but so do most good bands these days, if you go to their gigs. Hers are just too extreme, and OTT. I think she puts it on half the time, for the attention.

Katy
13-06-2007, 09:01
im growing on it i have to say, the more i hear it. Although Rehab got a bit overplayed towards the end.

Bryan
13-06-2007, 10:10
im growing on it i have to say, the more i hear it. Although Rehab got a bit overplayed towards the end.

I must admit Rehab is one of her weaker songs, but the one shes best known for. Her others songs are much better.

It's a shame becuase shes over in the states promoting her new albumn and she keeps having to perform rehab - I think she's getting as bored of it as we are.

tammyy2j
13-06-2007, 12:11

Yes i agree and Rehab is a cult classic now :cheer: :cheer:

xTanya
13-06-2007, 14:17
I quite like her music but can't stand her as a person she drives me insane I swear she is constantly drunk or on something.

Bryan
13-06-2007, 22:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9-AvjsB6g

If anyone watches that and says they dont like her then I have no time for you :lol: The emotion in that is overwhelming, especially when she cries in it. The fact its based on real events is just heartbreaking.

Abigail
13-06-2007, 22:20
I got goosebumps watching that. Reminds me of some of my own dark times. I feel like crying now I've watched that.

Bryan
13-06-2007, 22:34
I got goosebumps watching that. Reminds me of some of my own dark times. I feel like crying now I've watched that.

Same here. It is quite simply - music at it's best. Give me this over pop/rock music anyday.

Siobhan
14-06-2007, 09:44
If anyone watches that and says they dont like her then I have no time for you :lol: The emotion in that is overwhelming, especially when she cries in it. The fact its based on real events is just heartbreaking.

I guess I lose my statis as DS number 1 fan.. she totally depresses me.. I can see her been liked by student (not trying to stereotype here but I found it was the same when Deeply depressing RadioHead was popular and it was mainly with students)... I like happy tunes, there is enough damn sadness in the world without having our music reflect it

Jojo
14-06-2007, 10:22
I guess I lose my statis as DS number 1 fan.. she totally depresses me.. I can see her been liked by student (not trying to stereotype here but I found it was the same when Deeply depressing RadioHead was popular and it was mainly with students)... I like happy tunes, there is enough damn sadness in the world without having our music reflect it

I'm the same Shiv - I like to listen to upbeat things that make me feel happy, not songs that make me feel so darn depressed...

Maybe its an age thing?! :rotfl:

Jokes....*puts scissor sisters back on*

Siobhan
14-06-2007, 10:48
I'm the same Shiv - I like to listen to upbeat things that make me feel happy, not songs that make me feel so darn depressed...

Maybe its an age thing?! :rotfl:

Jokes....*puts scissor sisters back on*

It must be age.. give me I dont' feel like dancing above Whinehouse anyday.. yes I know I wrote Whinehouse, cause that is what I feel like she does.. Whine!!!

Bryan
14-06-2007, 18:32
I'm figuring a lot of Amy's fans have only started to pick up on her since Back To Black when major. But some of her old stuff is just as amazing.

You'll see in these videos how she looked before she became the Amy that everyone knows now lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2L6Ca1S0Ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGk8nI9fvg&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty0v-VVvKsU&mode=related&search=

Bryan
26-07-2007, 10:56
Going to see Amy at the NIA on 14th November! wooo! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tickets are now on sale for her 2nd round of nationwide gigs:

http://www.seetickets.com/gat/event.asp?e|artist=AMY+WINEHOUSE&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandtours

Bryan
09-08-2007, 09:19
Amy Winehouse has signed up to star in an episode of The Simpsons after show creator Matt Groening reportedly asked her to appear.

The 'Rehab' singer is understood to be in plans to be made into a Simpsons character and will bump into Lisa Simpson in a blues bar in the episode.

Previous famous faces that have been 'Simpsonised' include Sir Paul McCartney, The White Stripes and Michael Jackson.

A show insider said: "Amy is huge in America right now. She was asked if she would consider making an appearance on the show and she agreed. Apparently she is a big fan.”

Luna
09-08-2007, 09:35
Amy Winehouse has signed up to star in an episode of The Simpsons after show creator Matt Groening reportedly asked her to appear.

The 'Rehab' singer is understood to be in plans to be made into a Simpsons character and will bump into Lisa Simpson in a blues bar in the episode.

Previous famous faces that have been 'Simpsonised' include Sir Paul McCartney, The White Stripes and Michael Jackson.

A show insider said: "Amy is huge in America right now. She was asked if she would consider making an appearance on the show and she agreed. Apparently she is a big fan.”

hhhhmmm yeah thats good lets show kids that famous druggies are cool

Siobhan
09-08-2007, 09:37
Going to see Amy at the NIA on 14th November! wooo! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tickets are now on sale for her 2nd round of nationwide gigs:

http://www.seetickets.com/gat/event.asp?e|artist=AMY+WINEHOUSE&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandtours

Let hope she doesn't cancel and head to the pub instead

Abigail
09-08-2007, 12:19
From Yahoo:

Winehouse recovers from 'overdose'
(Thursday August 09, 2007 10:41 AM)

Troubled jazz star Amy Winehouse is recovering after reportedly suffering a drugs overdose.

The singer who has admitted to taking drugs in the past, was taken to a London hospital and discharged within a few hours under strict instructions to rest.

The Rehab star has confessed to using cannabis and cocaine and her recent dramatic weight loss has been clear.

The star was due on stage at a music festival in Norway but was forced to cancel the gig due to "severe exhaustion", according to her record company.

A spokesman for Island Records said: "Scheduled performances in Norway and Denmark this week have been cancelled."

It is the latest in a string of cancellations by the 23-year-old, who recently received three nominations at the MTV Video Music Awards.

In the past few weeks she has pulled out of T in the Park - also citing "exhaustion" - and Liverpool's Summer Pops event.

But the Brit sensation has blamed her reputation of cancelling gigs down to being a perfectionist.

"I know it's last-minute and a bit irresponsible. But I'm a perfectionist and would rather reschedule a show than do it half-heartedly," she said.

Chris_2k11
09-08-2007, 16:21
Seems like her career is on its way out before its even started!

Bryan
12-08-2007, 13:35
POP wildcat Amy Winehouse has lifted the lid on her overdose and told the News of the World: "It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life."

WATCH IMAGES OF AMY

And we can reveal, as the troubled star spoke of her ordeal for the first time, her dad grabbed her father-in-law by the THROAT at a family gathering set up to tackle her problems.

Amy is in hiding with husband Blake Fielder-Civil and both sets of parents at a five-star, £250-a-night hotel after last week's hospital drama, when she slipped into a coma following a three-day drugs bender.

Sitting alone at breakfast yesterday Amy told us: "It was just crazy—one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

"I don't know how to explain what happened. I don't really know myself.

Sorry

"I can't remember what I looked like. I couldn't recognise myself. It was terrifying—I was terrified.

"I was so out of control. It just happened. It shocked me. I'm sorry—I just don't know what got into me."

Wearing black shorts and a T-shirt and without her trademark beehive hairdo or black make-up, Amy, 23, said: "I never want to feel that way again.

"I've scared myself this time. I was all over the place. I know things have got to change. I have to sort myself out."

Picking at a croissant, the painfully skinny star then put on a brave face and said: "I'm fine. I'll be back at work on Monday. I'm fine, honest."

Tomorrow the singer, who won Best British Female at the Brit Awards this year, is due to be supporting the Rolling Stones in Germany.

When told her legion of fans were worried about her, she looked stunned and said: "Are they? God, I'm OK. Really. I will be back to work on Monday. I have to."

Amy's life was saved by Blake, 25—who rushed her to London's University College Hospital A&E at 1am on Wednesday morning. There Amy was given an adrenaline shot.

The young star, whose string of hits include Rehab and You Know I'm No Good, had smoked heroin, snorted cocaine, taken ecstasy pills and horse tranquilliser ketamine—washed down with whisky and vodka—during the London pub crawl that led to her collapse.

After her discharge from hospital on Wednesday night, she and Blake were ordered to the Four Seasons Hotel in Hook, Hants, by her parents Mitch and Janis.

They were joined by Blake's mum and dad, Georgette and Giles and, on Friday night Amy's worried parents called an emergency summit of family and friends over dinner in the hotel's bistro—without Amy, who was kept in her suite.

But yesterday the talks erupted into WAR—and Mitch had to be pulled off Blake's dad.

At one point, he grabbed Blake's father by the throat and accused him of burying his head in the sand by insisting Amy was responsible for her own downfall.

Amy was left screaming for him to let go, as they grappled on the patio.

The feud began when Blake's parents insisted he was blameless. A family friend told the News of the World: "Mitch has become increasingly angry that Blake's mum and dad don't seem to accept he has a problem. They blame everything on Amy.

"Mitch couldn't hold his tongue and leaned close to Blake's dad to tell him what he thought. That's when it all kicked off. Blake's dad started saying, ‘Get out of my face.'"

The source continued: "He accused Mitch of trying to bully them. Then he started abusing Amy, saying some really nasty things.

"Mitch just flipped, got up, grabbed him by the throat and wouldn't let go.

"It was total chaos. Everyone was shouting, trying to get them apart. Amy was there, looking very ill, and she was shouting at her dad, ‘Let him go, get off him.' It was unbelievable."

The source went on: "You have to feel for Mitch. He's doing everything he can for his daughter. He wants her and Blake to get the treatment they need together, and thinks they need family support."

Blake, who describes himself as a music video assistant, has previously joked about smoking crack. He also idolises junkie Pete Doherty, who is writing songs with Amy.

But Mitch and Janis are worried about Amy's friendship with Doherty, as well as her relationship with wayward Blake.

A source said: "Amy's parents have known for years about her problems.

"They never accepted them, but they hoped it was something she'd grow out of.

"What happened this week was the final straw. They needed to see her on their own terms to try and get their daughter back.

"They don't trust Blake to keep her free of drugs so they are watching her while she goes through a cold-turkey detox.

"She is already looking better, and talking it out with her dad has helped her focus on what's important and what she wants from life."

Scars

Contrary to reports, Amy has NOT been to rehab since her overdose.

The source said: "They're still trying to find her a place. The doctors are with her and they're doing a whole load of tests.

"Then they are hoping to get her a place somewhere, and put her back on track."

Amy previously sparked fears she was coming off the rails when we revealed that she and Blake were self-harming together.

Pals told how the pair, who first met at a pub in Camden, north London, egged each other on and revelled in the scars they cut in their arms.

They even sported his 'n' hers slashes just a month after getting married.

Amy has also admitted to cocaine and cannabis use in the past—and told friends she fears she will die young.

But a pal said: "She's got to snap out of it. She's fatalistic and always has been but she has got to realise she's in control of her own destiny."

Source: News Of The World

Bryan
12-08-2007, 13:36
Troubled Amy Winehouse is to get a 24-hour minder in a bid to stop her going off the rails again, ViP can reveal.

Family and bosses at the star's record company have convinced her she needs to be constantly shadowed by a trained chaperone.

The £30,000-a-year aide would steer Amy, 23, away from the temptation of booze and drugs.

The plan was put to the singer and her husband BLAKE FIELDERCIVIL on Friday at a crisis meeting with her concerned family and music executives at a hotel. Mum-in-law Georgette Civil admitted: "I'm worried sick."

Amy's dad Mitch called the meeting at which she and Blake, 25, were urged to explain how they planned to sort out their lives.

A source said: "Both agreed a chaperone was a good idea.

Advertisement

"People are desperately worried about Amy. Everyone around her realised there was need for urgent action.

"A chaperone seemed the only way to stop Amy hitting the drink and drugs again. She has accepted she needs someone looking over her. The last thing anyone wants is Amy turning into the female PETE DOHERTY."

The star was rushed to hospital last week after a three-day bender said to have involved cocaine, ecstacy and ketamine.

Amy, whose hits include Rehab and Back To Black, was spotted stumbling out of the home she shares with Blake in north London.

She has previously admitted using coke and marijuana and has often been seen boozing heavily.

A source close to Amy said: "A minder could put a stop to her bad ways. We hope she continues to accept that she needs someone watching over her.

"Amy must learn to stop pushing the self-destruct button."

Source: The People

Bryan
12-08-2007, 13:37
Troubled Amy Winehouse last night vowed to quit drugs - admitting she was "out of control" when she overdosed.

The 23-year-old singer spoke of the hell she's going through after a dramatic family meeting aimed at forcing her to curb her wild lifestyle.

Amy, who was taken to hospital after overdosing last week, said: "I never want to feel that way again. It was just crazy - one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

"I've scared myself this time. I was all over the place. I know things have got to change. I have to sort myself out." But the Rehab singer added: "I'm fine. I'll be back at work on Monday."

Amy spoke out after her parents and in-laws rallied round in a five-star hotel to try to make her see sense.

The Sunday Mirror can reveal she fled the meeting with husband Blake Fielder Civil after blazing public rows involving her, dad Mitch and Blake's father Giles.

Taxi driver Mitch almost came to blows with Giles as tensions rose over Blake's influence on painfully thin Amy.

She had been taken to London's University College Hospital at 1am on Wednesday and given a life-saving adrenaline injection after overdosing. Yesterday Mitch and Amy's mum Janice tried to force her into rehab - to Amy's fury.

The singer, who uses heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, ketamine and marijuana, yelled that she was not going anywhere.

Amy Winehouse with family (pic:solentnews)

An onlooker at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hook, Hants, said: "They were talking and then all of a sudden it got really heated and Mitch went mad. He just couldn't take it any more. He told her that she's ruining everything - her career and more importantly her life. He told her to look at what she was doing to her friends and family.

"It got to the point where they were screaming at each other. Amy told him to butt out - she claimed to know what she was doing.

"Then at the end, Amy just pushed him out of the way. She kept shouting 'No' and 'Stop it', running back to her suite in floods of tears." Later, Amy's childhood friends Juliette and Jessica Ashby appeared. They had also spent the night at the hotel trying to make Amy see sense.

Finally Amy and Blake sped off in a limo, leaving everyone else behind. Earlier Mitch, who is Jewish, told the Sunday Mirror Amy looked like a concentration camp victim.

"She is skinny as anything and dehydrated and looks like she has just come from a concentration camp," he said. "She is barely eating. She is not sleeping. I try to get her to eat but that is easier said than done. I know that if she doesn't eat she will die."

Friends and family had hoped Amy would agree to see a psychiatrist and get counselling. She has a history of self-harm and is feared to be suicidal.

The singer's behaviour has become more erratic in recent weeks. She has failed to show up for concerts and has been on long drinking sessions near her home in Camden, North London.

Amy and Blake now have a drug dealer on permanent stand-by and have been indulging in three-day benders. The session that resulted in her overdose began the minute they landed at Heathrow after she had performed at a festival in Chicago.

Desperate to score, they arranged to meet the dealer at a pub two miles from the airport. Amy and Blake made regular visits to the pub toilets.

A source said: "They couldn't wait. They wanted drugs there and then."

Amy collapsed hours after being nominated for three gongs at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Source: Sunday Mirror

Luna
14-08-2007, 15:10
After a false alarm last week that she had checked in to a treatment facility, Amy Winehouse has finally entered rehab.

The Mirror is reporting that the Rehab singer flew to a treatment center in America this past weekend to deal with an addiction to heroin and cocaine.

Wino’s husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, is also entering rehab with her for his own addictions.

The last straw for Amy’s family was when her best friend, Juliette Ashby, caught her smoking heroine on Friday night, just days after her scary drug overdose.

Winehouse’s father, Mitch, got into a huge fight with Blake’s parents.

The twosome eventually agreed to get treatment. They have surrendered their cell phones and cut off all contact with the outside world.

Rehab rarely works the first time, but hopefully it will stick with Amy - or at least guide her in the right direction.

Layne
14-08-2007, 21:32
She's suffereing exhaustion apparantly, & although she's already cancelled 2 gigs she's still going to be at the V festival this weekend...apparantly :rolleyes: Well i'll see this weekend won't i!?

Bryan
15-08-2007, 10:37
She's suffereing exhaustion apparantly, & although she's already cancelled 2 gigs she's still going to be at the V festival this weekend...apparantly :rolleyes: Well i'll see this weekend won't i!?

you try performing practically every day of the week, having to travel here there and everywhere, she's been in the US on a tour, her recent gigs were with the Rolling Stones in Germany and she's got some more to come in the UK, on top of that she's trying to sort out her drink/drug problems, so it goes with out saying she's going to have to cancel a few gigs.

Luna
15-08-2007, 12:07

you try performing practically every day of the week, having to travel here there and everywhere, she's been in the US on a tour, her recent gigs were with the Rolling Stones in Germany and she's got some more to come in the UK, on top of that she's trying to sort out her drink/drug problems, so it goes with out saying she's going to have to cancel a few gigs.

i think the point that Layne was trying to trying to make was the fact that her agent was refusing to admit she had a drug problem saying she was suffering from exhaustion only....she's a preformer without the drugs she should be able to preform no problem when her agent was making out that it was just her schedule that was the problem!!

Layne
15-08-2007, 13:17

i think the point that Layne was trying to trying to make was the fact that her agent was refusing to admit she had a drug problem saying she was suffering from exhaustion only....she's a preformer without the drugs she should be able to preform no problem when her agent was making out that it was just her schedule that was the problem!!

There are loads of performers out there that have been touring and have had more work load than Amy has, and they've been fine, if i'm honest i haven't heard of any of performer that has had to cancel a number of gigs due to exhaustion (there probably has but none that i know of) I think it was pretty obvious that Amy had/has a drug problem and the fact she pulled out of gigs and her agent blamed it on exhaustion - hence the apparantly. She probably is exhausted but that is probably down to a combination of drugs and a number of gigs. And although its not been said she won't be there, i highly doubt she will be at the V festival this weekend, especially if she has checked herself into Rehab. But i think that it is better for her to address her problem now, then for her to carry on performing and suffering the consequences.

Bryan
15-08-2007, 13:30

There are loads of performers out there that have been touring and have had more work load than Amy has, and they've been fine, if i'm honest i haven't heard of any of performer that has had to cancel a number of gigs due to exhaustion (there probably has but none that i know of) I think it was pretty obvious that Amy had/has a drug problem and the fact she pulled out of gigs and her agent blamed it on exhaustion - hence the apparantly. She probably is exhausted but that is probably down to a combination of drugs and a number of gigs. And although its not been said she won't be there, i highly doubt she will be at the V festival this weekend, especially if she has checked herself into Rehab. But i think that it is better for her to address her problem now, then for her to carry on performing and suffering the consequences.

Amy was recently quoted as saying she'd rather cancel a gig and reschedule rather than give a disapointing performance, all the gigs she's been pulling out of have been re-scheduled. Apart from the ones with the Rolling Stones of course. Usually Amy shows up to the big ones like Glastonbury as it's a big event, she may well turn up at V, depends how her rehab treatment goes. If she does turn up she'll give a mind blowing performance as she has a lot to prove to the press and the public who have been heavily judging her the past few weeks.

Luna
15-08-2007, 13:43

Amy was recently quoted as saying she'd rather cancel a gig and reschedule rather than give a disapointing performance, all the gigs she's been pulling out of have been re-scheduled. Apart from the ones with the Rolling Stones of course. Usually Amy shows up to the big ones like Glastonbury as it's a big event, she may well turn up at V, depends how her rehab treatment goes. If she does turn up she'll give a mind blowing performance as she has a lot to prove to the press and the public who have been heavily judging her the past few weeks.

I know that drugs are highly addictive but if she really wanted to give 110% at her concert and provide her fans with the best she would have sought help earlier and not needed to cancel these concerts. And from what ive read the press are actually feeling sorry for her, even perez hilton was pleading for her to go to rehab and get help and thats saying something

Jojo
15-08-2007, 13:46
Anyone who uses drugs to that extent should have bad press and publicity IMO - I'm glad she is going to get help etc, but I'm still not and never have been a fan.

Mind blowing? Hmm mind boggling :D (only joking Bry x)

Siobhan
15-08-2007, 14:03
Anyone who uses drugs to that extent should have bad press and publicity IMO - I'm glad she is going to get help etc, but I'm still not and never have been a fan.

Mind blowing? Hmm mind boggling :D (only joking Bry x)

well said Em.. there is other people out there who work their asses of and were never involved in drug or had to cancel concerts cause of "exhaustion".. Kyle is a great example of this.. she only ever cancelled anything cause of the breast cancer and immediately after she recovered, she gave the concerts she cancelled... Amy could learn a lot from Kyle

Abigail
15-08-2007, 19:37

Lets not forget that she also has anorexia which leaves sufferers weak and exhausted.
It sounds to me like she uses drink and drugs as a way of escaping something that she doesn't want to face up to.

inkyskin
16-08-2007, 00:52

I really can't stand that woman :searchme:

Jojo
17-08-2007, 11:07
Singer Amy Winehouse has pulled out of this weekend's V Festival after being taken to hospital last week.

A spokesperson said Winehouse - who has denied reports of drug abuse - was taking time to address "health issues".

Winehouse and her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, were followed by 30 photographers on Thursday night as they visited three pubs in Camden, London.

Fielder-Civil told reporters the couple would be returning to a rehabilitation clinic after their night out.

Speaking to BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat, he said: "We only came back to get a guitar, but of course in the paper that's interpreted that me and Amy are both so weak we left after three days."

When Winehouse was asked if reports of drug abuse were true, she said: "I wouldn't say so, no."

The singer, who has noticeably lost a lot of weight recently, added: "I'm fine, I've put on half a stone and I'm fine."

Winehouse visited three different pubs - spending 10 minutes in each one - before returning to her nearby flat.

Before the couple were picked up by a waiting car, Fielder-Civil said recent newspaper reports that Winehouse was addicted to heroin and cocaine had been blown out of proportion.

"I wouldn't believe it no. I would say there are a few problems there, but certainly not the magnitude that my mum was falsely quoted as saying."

He added: "The main thing is that me and Amy are getting better. Don't worry, she's being looked after.

"We're going back to this retreat. She's determined to get well. It's not as bad as everyone thinks but she's fine, she's loved and looked after."

Winehouse had been due to play on the Channel 4 stage at Hylands Park in Chelmsford on Saturday and Weston Park, Staffordshire, on Sunday, alongside headline acts, The Foo Fighters and The Killers.

Festival director Simon Moran said: "We're very sorry to hear that Amy is unable to perform this weekend and wish her all the best.

"We hope that fans will not be too disappointed by the news and we would gladly welcome her to play V Festival 2008."

The Happy Mondays will take her place, moving their set to the Channel 4 stage from one of the side stages.

Earlier on this week Winehouse, who has been nominated for three prizes at next month's MTV Video Music Awards in the US, pulled out of two Rolling Stones gigs in Germany.

She is scheduled to tour Canada and the US next month before returning to Europe in October.

Bryan
17-08-2007, 12:17
AMY DECLINEHOUSE went back to rehab last night – a day after quitting her treatment.

But the star, addicted to heroin and cocaine, only agreed to get more help if she was joined by her drug-addled hubby BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL.

They were due to fly by helicopter to the Causeway clinic on an island off the Essex coastline yesterday afternoon.

But on the way to the helipad Amy drove to her local pub with a pal.

The detour meant she missed the chopper. But she later headed home again then set off by car for the clinic with Blake. They got to the clinic at around 10pm.

Amy had left it on Wednesday less than 48 hours after checking in — but gave in to going back following hours of crisis talks.

Early yesterday she insisted she was feeling better after her drug overdose last week.

Speaking outside her Camden Caner London HQ, she said: “I’ve put on half a stone, I feel fine.”

But her dad Mitch is still desperately worried and has been trying to get Amy away from Blake and into rehab on her own.

Amy is in awe of her hubby, who inspired her hit album Back To Black by two-timing her with another woman.

A source close to the couple said: “Amy’s family have been trying to get her away from Blake and into a stricter clinic but she won’t have it.”

She refuses to go to a tough clinic abroad because they won’t allow couples.

On Wednesday evening Mitch organised a dinner which he sold to his daughter as a homecoming party - when in fact it was a trick to make her get more help. But Amy snubbed it and went out with Blake’s family in Camden instead.

Blake yesterday made light of Amy’s treatment, calling the facility a “retreat.”

He said: “It’s been a difficult time for me and Amy but we’re still together. We are going to the place tonight.”

The state-of-the-art Causeway is more like a five-star hotel, with a gym, sauna, swimming pool and games room. It’s even got a music therapy room for Amy to write more songs.

Amy has pulled out of this weekend’s V Festival and put touring commitments on hold. She will be replaced at the event by the HAPPY MONDAYS.

Bryan
17-08-2007, 12:21
Amy Winehouse's management are planning to put lookalikes of the Rehab singer on the streets - in an attempt to confuse paparazzi photographers.

Bosses believe that the media spotlight is a major cause of Amy's recent personal problems, and have decided that using body doubles - a technique sometimes used by supermodel Kate Moss - will help to keep photographers away from the 23-year-old.

A source told the Daily Star: "Amy's had so much pressure on her tiny shoulders recently and being hounded everywhere she goes is a big part of that. Her rise to A-list fame was swift and it's been hard for a down-to-earth, lovely girl like her to deal with all the attention.

"The relentless glare of the spotlight has led to her attempts to escape it all through partying. Therefore, her management are desperate for her to have some respite, without having to hole her up in the suburbs."

Bryan
21-08-2007, 11:57
Some of her live performances, that are from the TV:

YouTube - Amy Winehouse live at the Isle of Wight Festival

YouTube - Amy Winehouse Performs Back To Black And Wake Up Alone 2007

YouTube - Amy Winehouse Performing Rehab Live At Glastonbury 2007

Bryan
24-08-2007, 12:56
BLOOD-SOAKED and battered, AMY WINEHOUSE shows the terrifying extent of her meltdown after an incredible dawn bust-up with junkie hubby BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL.

Our shocking pictures reveal the pair’s cuts from their brawl — while the blood on Amy’s ballet shoes is evidence of her habit of injecting heroin between her TOES.

Police quizzed Amy later in the day but she is refusing to press charges.

Amy — her mascara tear-streaked — had run screaming from the posh Sanderson Hotel in Central London at 3.30am yesterday and was chased down Regent Street by Blake, who was bleeding from scratches to his neck.

One witness said: “She was 200 yards in front. He was yelling her name. The road got to a bend and she ran round it.”

The witness, who saw the drama while driving, said singer Amy flagged down a young woman in a black Ford Fiesta and jumped in, but Blake didn’t see. He frantically checked for Amy in shop doorways and even wheelie-bins.

The witness said: “When the car got to Charing Cross Amy ran to a newsagents for cigarettes. You could see she’d been in a fight.

“Her clothes were bloody and she was covered in scratches and bandages.”

Clawed face ... wild-eyed Blake bleeds from deep
scratches to his cheek and neck

Another onlooker said: “Amy looked totally out of it. She was covered in blood and her make-up was badly smeared. Her eyes were glazed. It was as though she couldn’t see anyone.”

Blake walked back to the hotel and made several calls outside before heading to Soho to meet Amy.

They returned to the hotel at 4.30am.

They had first checked in to £200-a-night room 522 on Monday after quitting a rehab centre in Essex.

Amy, 23, barely left her room.

Her family, fearing she may die there, sent brother Alex to check on Wednesday.

But Blake got security to eject him.

Amy’s dad — London cabbie Mitch, 57 — had dinner with Amy and Blake later.

After he left at about 10pm, Amy — who was drinking Jack Daniel’s — Blake and friends played pool before the pair went to their room at 2.40am, about an hour before Amy fled.

Yesterday afternoon we showed Mitch 11 graphic photos of his daughter at his home in Greenhithe, Kent.

Mitch — who said recently that Amy and Blake had to stay together if she was going to beat drugs — was clearly upset.

He shook his head sadly as he studied them, before adding: “Thank you for showing me.”

Police questioned Amy in her hotel room at about 4pm yesterday.

Scarred arms ... skeletal Amy's arms are a mass of tattoos, patches and scars

A source said: “We spoke to her without Blake in the room. It was soon clear she didn’t want to pursue the matter.

“Despite her injuries she insisted he hadn’t attacked her.” Amy and Blake left hours later in a silver Mercedes.

Heroin in toes ... blood leaks from syringe points through Amy's pink ballet shoes

Meanwhile, a pal of Amy’s told how it took FIVE HOURS to calm Amy down during the day — and spoke of fears that drugs will kill the singer.

The pal said: “She said she and Blake injected heroin on Wednesday night. She does it between her toes as it gets her high quicker. They started to fight after a row about drugs. She was a blood-stained mess. She looked like an extra from a slasher movie.”

The pal added: “Everyone is completely terrified she’ll kill herself with drugs before the week is out.”

Luna
24-08-2007, 17:45
We genuinely care for Amy Winehouse immensely. We hope that she is able to realize that she is as special as we think she is and that she starts taking care of herself with the respect she deserves.

Perez was quite alarmed when we read and saw the shocking pictures of Amy covered in blood and her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, with severe cuts all over his face.

Amidst media reports that she and Blake had gotten into a fight and out of a deep concern for her well-being, we sent Amy a text message Friday morning.

She texted us back. And she wants to get a message across to you, the fans and the media.

Below are our communications with Amy, unedited.

Amy Winehouse: “Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other. Take back what you said on the blog. I thought you was my girl. I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs with a call girl and rightly said I wasn’t good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life.”

Text #2: “I’ll be alright. I need to fight my man’s corner for him though. x”

Text #3: “For the last time he did not and never has hurt me. Say I told you what happened on your blog. He has such a hard time and he so supportive. Please make amends. Kiss. Amy x”

A while later, Text #4: “Please can you put up the truthful version straight away? It’s bad enough that it’s been there that long. I know you love me but he deserves the truth, he is an amazing man who saved my life again and got cut badly for his troubles. All he get is horrible stories printed about him and he just keeps quiet, but this i too much. Thanks girl. Amy”

We have obeyed her wishes.

Our thoughts and prayers and concern and love are with Amy.

Hopefully she will receive it.

Luna
28-08-2007, 12:40
Amy Winehouse's father-in-law has urged the singer's fans to boycott her music until she seeks treatment for what he called a drug addiction.
Speaking to BBC Radio Five Live, Giles Fielder-Civil said he was concerned that Winehouse and her husband, Blake, would die without medical help.

He said: "Perhaps it is time to stop buying records. It's a possibility, to send that message."

But the singer's father, Mitch, said a boycott would not aid her recovery.

'Rock bottom'

He contacted the Victoria Derbyshire show after he heard Winehouse's in-laws being interviewed.

"It won't send any message to Amy at all, unfortunately. If I thought it would, it would be a great idea," he said.

"The only way out of this is not sectioning them, not locking them up. At some point they are going to reach rock bottom."

Giles Fielder-Civil said he believed his son and daughter-in-law had been taking cocaine, crack cocaine and possibly heroin.

His wife, Georgette, said she feared for both Winehouse and Fielder-Civil if they continued to take drugs.

"I think they both need to get medical help before one of them, if not both of them, eventually will die," she said.

Suicide fear

Her husband added: "We're concerned that if one of them dies, the other will die.

"They're a very close couple and if one dies through a substance abuse, the other may commit suicide."

However, Mitch Winehouse said he had spoken to his daughter on Sunday and she sounded fine.

"We are not talking about people who are in imminent danger of death," he said.

Mr Fielder-Civil also said Winehouse should not be eligible to win awards for her music.

"This isn't a personal affront against her, but we shouldn't be condoning her addiction by a rewarding her with these particular awards," he said.

"I know it's for her music, and that's different, but we still need to send a message to the couple that what they're doing is not acceptable."

Winehouse is currently nominated for a Mercury Music Prize, an MTV Video Music Award and four Mobo awards for her 2006 album Back To Black.

Siobhan
28-08-2007, 12:48
well having never bought any of her stuff before, I have already put her on the road to recovery

Bryan
28-08-2007, 12:59
not a day goes by without the press running a story on her atm, no jokes she cant even go for a newspaper without being snapped

it's difficult enough as it is to get over a drug addiction, but when everyone is judging you and stalking you, like the british press and paparazzi do, is it any wonder she's finding it hard to make a recovery!?

How many more lives will the British press ruin!?

Siobhan
28-08-2007, 13:04
not a day goes by without the press running a story on her atm, no jokes she cant even go for a newspaper without being snapped

it's difficult enough as it is to get over a drug addiction, but when everyone is judging you and stalking you, like the british press and paparazzi do, is it any wonder she's finding it hard to make a recovery!?

sorry to say Bry, she has ruined her own life when she started taking drugs and refusing rehab... I don't have sympathy, this is her choose career and if she couldn't handle it, she should stay in it

Jojo
28-08-2007, 22:45

sorry to say Bry, she has ruined her own life when she started taking drugs and refusing rehab... I don't have sympathy, this is her choose career and if she couldn't handle it, she should stay in it

I have to agree with you Shiv - it was her choice to start taking the drugs - its only because she is in the public eye (by her own choice also) that it becomes "news" (although I'd be more than happy not to read about it, so choose myself not to)

She put herself on the road to ruin the first time she took drugs - that wasn't forced on her by the British press or anyone else for that matter.

inkyskin
02-09-2007, 14:12
She's a female Pete Doherty.

She's had her 15 minutes of fame and now she's on a downward spiral.

no one made her take drugs,she does it to herself,again,youngsters are being faced with famous people doing drugs,getting drunk every night and being extremely skinny...not something i'd want to idolise.

When stars get like this they should be told either sort yourself out and clean up or be dumped from the record label and be boycotted from other labels too.

pookie1968uk
02-09-2007, 22:50
She's a female Pete Doherty.

She's had her 15 minutes of fame and now she's on a downward spiral.

no one made her take drugs,she does it to herself,again,youngsters are being faced with famous people doing drugs,getting drunk every night and being extremely skinny...not something i'd want to idolise.

When stars get like this they should be told either sort yourself out and clean up or be dumped from the record label and be boycotted from other labels too.

i completely agree with you. there are plenty of impressionable young people who will look up to her and think it is cool to be like her.

Bryan
11-02-2008, 09:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umN9xh3wTG8

Amy Winehouse was the biggest winner at last night's Grammy Awards, collecting five prizes.

The troubled soul singer won three awards for her 'Rehab' single: Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Female Pop Vocal Performance.

She also took home the Pop Vocal Album prize for her Back To Black LP and the prestigious Best New Artist gong.

Winehouse was unable to attend the LA event after being denied a US visa, but she performed 'Rehab' and 'You Know I'm No Good' from London via satellite.

She dedicated her awards to Blake Fielder-Civil, her imprisoned husband, and London, after the city witnessed a major fire at the weekend.

Other big winners included Kanye West, who took home four awards, and Bruce Springsteen, who collected three. Justin Timberlake, Mary J Blige and Carrie Underwood won two awards apiece.

Notable British successes came from Mark Ronson, who collected the Producer of the Year prize, and The Chemical Brothers, who won the Electronic/Dance Album gong for We Are The Night.

Well done Amy! And her performance last night was top standard! If she can finish her stay in rehab and stay off the drugs, I think she can make 2008/2009 as big as she's was in 06/07.

Perdita
11-02-2008, 09:59
Well done, Amy, I know you can do it. I hope she continues with her rehab and agree that the next year could be even better than 06/07. I think she is fab, but she should chuck her husband as far away as possible.

Abigail
11-02-2008, 12:00
To be fair, Blake has got clean in prison and he wants Amy to do the same.

I can't wait for her next album.

Kylie
11-02-2008, 16:13
I'm sorry to say it but I think it makes a mockery of everything about her - she's basically getting rewarded for singing a song about not going to rehab... ( that is the jist of the song as understand it - I may be wrong as I tend to turn the radio off as I cant stand her voice ). She is on this downward spiral and every one is saying big pat on the back, well done. I know she should be appreciated for her music (personally I dont like it) but I think that she needs to clean up her act before she reaapears in the public eye, put these rewards on hold until she is better - give her a reward for genuinely doing something good - staying clean. So many people are saying well done but she will just continue to go back to what she was before because of these rewards.

Abigail
11-02-2008, 20:26
I disagree. I think Amy needs the awards to make her realise that she does have talent and that she could lose everything she has worked for if she doesn't get clean.

I don't think they are rewarding her for taking drugs, they are a recognition of her talent. I'm not sure how these awards are decided but obviously some people can see past her problems to the real reason why she was nominated for six.

Good on her. She's a fool if she doesn't get clean for good now after what she's won.

Kylie
11-02-2008, 21:49
but isnt it saying to a younger audience - who cares what illegal things you do, dont worry we will still give you money and rewards?

Surely that is not the right image. Everyone is slamming the spears family for the bad impression that they ( both girls) are putting out - so why doesnt Amy fit under the same thing?

pookie1968uk
12-02-2008, 10:12
she shouldnt have been given the awards. it just sends out the wrong message. i work with alcoholics and drug addicts and the only difference between them and her is the fact that she has money to keep her addiction going otherwise she would be in the gutter like most of those i work with.
harsh but true.

Bryan
12-02-2008, 19:41
to be honest people should give her a break. credit where credit is due. they are rewarding her talent and nothing else.

this recognition will make her realise what talent she has, as she's never believed she has any, and will hopefully be all the encouragment she needs to get herself together.

how can she ever recover when people are all too fast to put her down? give the woman a break, she is in rehab - becuase she wants to change!

Kylie
12-02-2008, 20:05
but wasnt it just a few weeks ago that she was refusing to go into rehab? When people are in the public eye they need to control their habits - they are role models. The fact is she is a criminal - taking drugs is illegal. She should be punished. Instead she is being rewarded. As I said before, she may or may not deserve her awards but being a music idol, she needs to ensure that the whole image is right not just that she can sing. Everybody villified Pete Docherty for his image - she is just the same.

Bryan
12-02-2008, 21:31
*yawn* I wish all these Amy cynics would change the record, it's getting tedious.

The woman is entitled to a private life, we've all made mistakes in life, some bigger than others. She's had her life intruded on by the press, she's never been someone who wanted all the attention, she just has an amazing god given talent that is so unique.

She's never promoted drugs, or her behaviour, infact she's tried so many times to stop it, and her life has been plagued with bad things, she's an emotional wreck, and I for one am not going to throw **** at her, when I don't know the full picture.

she's changing her ways by going into rehab, yet she's still getting criticism. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Abi
12-02-2008, 21:45
*yawn* I wish all these Amy cynics would change the record, it's getting tedious.

The woman is entitled to a private life, we've all made mistakes in life, some bigger than others. She's had her life intruded on by the press, she's never been someone who wanted all the attention, she just has an amazing god given talent that is so unique.

She's never promoted drugs, or her behaviour, infact she's tried so many times to stop it, and her life has been plagued with bad things, she's an emotional wreck, and I for one am not going to throw **** at her, when I don't know the full picture.

she's changing her ways by going into rehab, yet she's still getting criticism. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

She's not been "intruded by the press" though. Anyone who is famous like her uses the press to get their fame. She does that just like everyone else does. So by doing that, they go all out to get their story. If she is stupid enough to do drugs in the first place, then it is not the presses fault that people critisise her. If she couldn't hack it, she should have stuck to pubs and clubs, and not touched the rest of the music industry.

Yes, she is talented. But people in the music industry sell a package. Their music, their fashion sense, their style, their relationships - The list goes on. She doesn't have a private life. As i said, whatever she does is in the public domain. If she cares about the influence she is having on younger fans, then she would stop.

And of course she wanted the attention!! If she didn't, she would sing backing music or something :rotfl:

She shouldn't have performed at the Grammys. She should have stayed where she was, then go into the studio, and record. Then come back in 3-4 months, clean and with new material. Maybe a new album or something. Just let everyone forget about her to a while (Like what happened with Leona), and then have the come back she deserves. Cause as it is, no amount of rehab is going to fix her.

Abigail
12-02-2008, 22:23
Lets not forget that we wouldn't know about Amy's drugs problem if the media didn't follow her everywhere, trying to make a story out of nothing. She was photographed in a club after the Grammy's with a male friend. Of course she must be cheating :rolleyes:

The difference between Amy and Britney is that Britney actually rings the photographers herself and tells them where she will be and then she does something to get herself on the front page of magazines every week.

Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids.

Why should she stick to backing singing? She's way better than a backing singer. Just because she is famous doesn't mean she wants all the publicity and attention that goes with it. She just wants recognition for her talent.

Abigail
13-02-2008, 12:16
Amy Winehouse is relieved to be free of crack cocaine, her brother has said.

The singer checked herself into the Capio Nightingale rehab clinic in London after a video appearing to show her smoking the drug was posted on the internet.

However, she left the facility temporarily to perform via satellite at Sunday night's Grammys, where she picked up five awards.

Alex Winehouse revealed that he had visited his sister just weeks before she entered rehab and was shocked by her condition, telling The Sun: "It was hard to take in that the barely communicative shell in front of us was my own flesh and blood."

He said he was proud of her decision to get help for her habit, saying: "Detox was tough, but she did it. She was as bright and vivacious as she had been before her demons took over."

Talking about Sunday's ceremony, he said: "It was without a doubt the greatest night our family has enjoyed in a long, long time. For the first time in God knows how long, my parents were truly happy, and Amy was too."

He added: "She didn't miss crack, she told me, and she was glad to be rid of it. Which was a nice thing to hear."

Abi
13-02-2008, 16:47
Lets not forget that we wouldn't know about Amy's drugs problem if the media didn't follow her everywhere, trying to make a story out of nothing. She was photographed in a club after the Grammy's with a male friend. Of course she must be cheating :rolleyes:

The difference between Amy and Britney is that Britney actually rings the photographers herself and tells them where she will be and then she does something to get herself on the front page of magazines every week.

Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids.

Why should she stick to backing singing? She's way better than a backing singer. Just because she is famous doesn't mean she wants all the publicity and attention that goes with it. She just wants recognition for her talent.

But the point is, if they couldn't get a story out of following her, then they wouldn't do it. They only follow people who they think they can get a story out of. Lots of celebs manage to live quite normal lives, because their behaviour isn't the kind of thing that deserves a 2 page spread in a sunday tabloid. She, evidently, isn't one of those people.

Being famous means having attention and publicity though. People listen to your music, your videos, follow your fashion taste, your hair cut, your make up. They vote for you in awards ceremonys, they read your interviews in the magazines, they try and get your autograph, they spend their money on your books, folders etc etc. Its part of being famous. And attention, as i said before, isn't always positive. She has done all these things, she blatently wants fame and attention. And i'm not saying she should be a backing singer - I'm saying she should have used her talent in other ways, which would have meant that her behaviour would be concealed.

Don't get me wrong, i like her music. She's very talented, and her songs are catchy. But that doesn't make her a good person.

*funky*monkey*
15-02-2008, 22:26
I love her music, She's so talented. However, She's a bad influence and setting a bad example to her fans... She would get lots more fans if she sorted herself out.

Leannex101x
29-02-2008, 16:22
i love all her songs. i really love the song back to black. love it

Chris_2k11
29-02-2008, 22:53
I have no proper opinion on her to be honest. Shes neither someone I love or hate, shes just.. there really lol. not someone i take much interest in

Bryan
28-06-2008, 11:10
YouTube - Amy Winehouse - londen 46664 live (Nelson Mandela) 27-6-08

YouTube - Amy Winehouse - Free Nelson Mandela (46664 Concert 2008)

back on form last night! love her performance! she did Nelson Mandela and the nation proud. If she can sound that amazing when she's suffering from a major illness, then imagine what she'll be like when she's recovered.

can't wait to see her performance at glastonbury later!

sindydoll
29-06-2008, 08:58
watched her last night on telly last night on that Glastonbury programme she was totally off her head!

Bryan
29-06-2008, 11:34
loved her last night! she kept the stage alive for a good 45 minutes at least, and loved how she thought **** health and safety, and ending up climbing down to the fans. really good performance from her, good on her for giving us all a good show! :D

Bryan
29-06-2008, 11:51
A video of the best parts of her performance are on the BBC Site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/amywinehouse/

And she's hit the headlines again for smacking a fan that pulled at her hair, go her is what I say! She just doesn't care, great attitude :D

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2906_winehouse.shtml

Perdita
29-06-2008, 15:20
Thoroughly enjoyed watching her performance, bit wobbly on her legs at times, admittedly, but this is the Amy Winehouse we all know and love. :lol: Good on her to smack whoever pulled her hair :thumbsup:

Bryan
29-06-2008, 15:39
Thoroughly enjoyed watching her performance, bit wobbly on her legs at times, admittedly, but this is the Amy Winehouse we all know and love. :lol: Good on her to smack whoever pulled her hair :thumbsup:

exactly it's all part of the act! it's what the audience has grown to respect - her being a little bit tipsy - but this doesnt effect the quality of her performance! and a bit of controversy is what's expected at her concerts, it makes her memorable and keeps the limelight firmly on her.

at the end of the day if she came out sober, didnt say or do anything controversal, it'd be rather boring. her performances stand out from the rest because of their uniquness. on top of that she has an amazing voice, that never fails to send shivers down my spine when i hear her - amazingly talented, and her lyrics are second to none!

long hail Amy Winehouse!

Bryan
15-07-2008, 09:08
another great performance at T in The Park on Sunday! i love how she's defying the critics and actually show up to everything this year and knocking out some stunning performances, even when she's seriously ill! :bow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tinthepark/2008/artist/amy_winehouse/index.shtml#emp

Perdita
15-07-2008, 11:51
I find her just amazing how she can be poorly/drunk, slap people round the head etc, but still perform to a very high standard. :thumbsup:

CrazyLea
16-07-2008, 21:31
Uh-oh. Dad has turned into a Wino fan :crying:. Made me buy her album for him for his birthday (this Sat)... so guess what I'll be hearing all the time :p. Whenever we come home from the pub he always makes me put Back to Black on! (His fave). Ahhh.

Must say though... Back to Black is growing on me :crying:. What's wrong with me :p.

Chris_2k11
16-07-2008, 22:52
Back to Black is her best song so you are forgiven lol

Perdita
17-07-2008, 06:15
I just love everything she has done so far. :cheer:

Kirsty :]
17-07-2008, 18:16
I love her songs. I think she has alot of talent. But I also think the money she's getting for it all has gone straight to her head and she has lost alot of fans by her rebellious attituide.

sindydoll
17-07-2008, 20:10
i cant stand her music!

Bryan
05-11-2008, 13:30
Amy Winehouse's new material is "sensational", according to the head of music label Universal.

Lucian Grainge, chairman and chief executive of Universal Music Group, said he had complete faith that the troubled singer would return to form.

"I believe in her as a person and I certainly believe in her as an artist and that's what I hope for," Grainge said at the Music Industry Trust Awards.

Grange was earlier recognised at the event for a career in the music industry spanning three decades. He helped to sign Winehouse, who has apparently been attempting to recover from illness by focusing on her third studio album.

The 25-year-old rose to fame with her debut LP Frank in 2003. The follow-up, 2006's Back To Black, has sold an estimated 11 million copies worldwide.

I think a great third albumn is just what she needs to restore faith in people that she is actually a talented artists despite her dramatic personal life. Most of her troubles started after Back To Black was released and most don't reckon she has what it takes to carry on.

With Blake being released from prison this Christmas I just hope that 2009 is a better year for Amy, and that we get a truely amazing third albumn from her.

Bryan
14-03-2009, 12:55
going to see her for her one off comeback gig at Sheperds Bush Arena at the end of May! Can't wait, now she's off the drugs I reckon this will be a mind blowing performance from her! :D

Perdita
16-07-2009, 06:27
AMY WINEHOUSE's marriage will end in a "quickie" divorce today.
The drug-ravaged singer's husband, BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL, 27, is citing claims of her adultery.

It is thought he could also seek a share of Amy's estimated £10million fortune.

During their 26-month marriage the pair plunged into heroin addiction that almost destroyed them both, although Amy, 25, saw her pop career soar.

Fielder-Civil, a video production assistant, was alleged to have fathered another woman's child while in rehab earlier this year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2537941/Amy-Winehouse-ends-marriage-with-quickie-divorce.html

DaVeyWaVey
16-07-2009, 13:29
Can't stand her music one bit :thumbsdow

Perdita
16-07-2009, 14:00
:eek: Davey. I love it :heart:

Abbie
16-07-2009, 22:54
Can't stand her music one bit :thumbsdow
Im like that now, theres like one song I like and thats it but when I first voted in the poll I wasnt too keen and now im very much :thumbsdow

Perdita
22-07-2009, 15:25
Amy Winehouse and her father Mitch have reportedly begun approaching perfume manufacturers with the idea of creating a scent inspired by the singer.

The 'Valerie' star, who recently returned to the UK from an eight-month holiday in St. Lucia, is thought to have already rejected a £500,000 deal.

Speaking to the Daily Star, an insider said: "They want it to reflect her style with a classic smoky 1950s look and smell.

"Amy is keen to expand her brand and wants to latch on to the celeb perfumes bandwagon while she can. They know her fans love to copy her style, and her trademark fashion and beehive hair-do were last year’s must-have look.”

However, the source added that some companies are unhappy with Winehouse's alleged reluctance to promote the product, saying: "Frankly, she doesn’t look like she smells that nice, so doing some positive publicity to prove it doesn’t just smell of stale booze and fags would be vital."

Other celebrities to have recently launched successful fragrances include Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Kylie Minogue and Sarah Jessica Parker.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a166662/winehouse-planning-to-launch-perfume.html

I don't know the smoky look and smell of the fifties so I wonder what it is going to be like. I also wonder what she is going to call it :hmm:

Bryan
12-09-2009, 18:46
YouTube - Amy Winehouse - Love is a Losing Game

I've been listening to loads of her live performances on youtube today, and I desperatley want her to release a third albumn sometime soon! She is quite simply the best recording artist this country has seen for many years. Love or hate her as a person, you can't deny she is an amazing singer and lyracist!

Perdita
16-11-2009, 18:04
Amy Winehouse wants to be immortalised in plastic for a new toy doll, a report has claimed.

The troubled singer has allegedly become fixated by the idea after her cosmetic surgery gave her a self-esteem boost.

Winehouse recently went under the knife for a breast enlargement and is said to be plotting more enhancements for the future.

A source told the Daily Star: "She loves all the compliments and wolf whistles she gets from her new figure. She's been sketching lots of drawings of herself and wants to bring out a doll for fans."

The star's father Mitch recently argued that her new look is "great".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a187139/winehouse-planning-toy-amy-doll.html

Perdita
23-07-2011, 18:14
MET Police
“Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained. “——

RIP Amy :(

Perdita
23-07-2011, 18:21
Troubled British singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her flat in north London, police said. She was 27 years old.
The Grammy award-winning soul singer struggled with well-documented drink and drug addictions. Her death is being treated as unexplained.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 3:54 pm (1454 GMT) and sent two ambulances.
Winehouse rocketed to fame after winning five Grammy awards off the back of her 2006 second album "Back to Black" and the hit single "Rehab".
In the run-up to her live return, Winehouse spent a week at an addiction treatment clinic in London, reportedly at the suggestion of her father, Mitch, over concerns that she was drinking too much before her shows.
But Winehouse pulled out of her European comeback tour following a disastrous opening performance in Serbia on June 18.
She was booed at the performance in Belgrade, as she appeared to be too drunk to sing.
Some 20,000 people gathered for the highly-promoted concert at the sixth-century Kalemegdan fortress, but many soon left.
During the concert, which lasted about 90 minutes, Winehouse could only mumble some of the lyrics, failing to follow her band.
Winehouse left the stage twice, with many fans showing their displeasure despite her band's attempts to calm the crowd.
She had also been scheduled to perform in Istanbul, Athens, Bilbao in Spain, Locarno in Switzerland, Italy's Lucca festival, Switzerland's Paleo Festival in Nyon, Nova Jazz and Blues Night in Wiesen, Austria, and Poland's Bydgoszcz Artpop Festival.

AFP

Dazzle
23-07-2011, 18:48
Very sad news :( RIP

Perdita
23-07-2011, 20:18
Amy Jade Winehouse was born on September 14 1983 in Southgate, North London, to parents Mitchell and Janis Winehouse. After showing an early aptitude for music, the 9-year-old Winehouse was encouraged by her grandmother to attend the Susi Earnshaw Theatre School to hone her talents, and it was during this time that she developed a love of jazz, which would later inspire her music.

Winehouse eventually moved to the Sylvia Young Theatre School in Westminster, but was expelled at 14 for reportedly not applying herself to her studies, following which she spent time at the famous BRIT School, in Selhurst, Croydon.

At the age of 18, Winehouse was signed to a management contract by Simon Fuller's 19 Management, and received a heavy amount of interest from record labels before eventually signing with Island/Universal.

After working alongside producer Saleem Remi, Winehouse released her jazz-inspired debut album Frank in 2003 to widespread acclaim from critics. Frank was shortlisted for the 2004 Mercury Music Prize and also earned the singer her first Ivor Novello songwriting award for the single 'Stronger Than Me'.

Despite the success of her debut release, Winehouse would later admit that she had not been entirely happy with the record, and had been pushed by her label to include certain tracks.

While working on the follow-up to Frank in 2005, Winehouse began what would become a tumultuous relationship with the tabloid press, after she began showing increasingly erratic public behaviour, fuelling rumours of heavy drug and alcohol abuse.

2006 saw the release of Winehouse's second album Back to Black, which was co-produced by Remi and Mark Ronson. The album went on to win five Grammy Awards including 'Best New Artist', 'Record of the Year' and 'Song of the Year', and became the best-selling UK album of 2007, as well as the overall third-biggest seller of the decade in the country.

The album was a marked departure from Winehouse's previous musical style on Frank, and featured a sound more inspired by the girl groups of the 1950s and 1960s. Back to Black spawned several successful singles including Winehouse's most well-known songs 'Rehab', 'You Know I'm No Good' and 'Back to Black'.

It was during the promotion of Back to Black that Winehouse's personal troubles began to overshadow her music career, after several panned performances caused her to cancel the remainder of a 17-date tour in August 2007, with the singer's record company citing exhaustion and ill health as the reasons behind the cancellations.

Winehouse found herself in legal difficulties in 2008 after a video emerged on the website of British tabloid The Sun, which seemed to depict the singer smoking crack cocaine and discussing her regular drug use, although no official charges were ever brought against her.

She wed partner Blake Fielder-Civil on May 18, 2007 with a ceremony in Miami, Florida. However, their union would be marred by claims that Fielder-Civil was responsible for fuelling Winehouse's growing substance abuse issues. The newly-married couple were arrested later the same year in Bergen, Norway, on charges of possession of marijuana, but they were both later released with a fine.

The tempestuous marriage began to show signs of trouble after Fielder-Civil was jailed in July 2008 after being found guilty of trying to pervert the course of justice and grievous bodily harm with intent. In January 2009, only one month before Fielder-Civil was due to be released from prison, a spokesperson for Winehouse confirmed that she had been issued with divorce papers.

Despite repeated claims on her part that she wouldn't allow the divorce to go through, Winehouse and Fielder-Civil were officially divorced on August 28, 2009, and it was noted that he had requested no money from the singer as part of the divorce settlement.

Following the end of her marriage to Fielder-Civil, Winehouse retreated to the Caribbean island of Saint Lucia for much of 2009 to begin work on her third album alongside regular collaborator Remi. Despite repeated claims that the album was progressing well, an official release date for the untitled record was never announced.

Winehouse's legal difficulties continued throughout 2009 after she was charged with common assault stemming from an incident at the September 2008 Prince's Trust charity ball. Despite being found not guilty, Winehouse was arrested in December that year again on charges of common assault and was handed a two-year conditional discharge and fine.

Constant paparazzi presence led Winehouse to seek and receive an anti-harassment injunction against the Big Pictures photo agency in May 2009, which stopped the paparazzi from coming within 100 metres of her home or pursuing her.

An interview in late 2010 saw Winehouse insist that she had been drug-free for the past three years, but the singer later admitted herself to the Priory rehabilitation clinic in May 2011 to receive treatment for alcohol addiction. Winehouse was allegedly told by doctors that she needed to 'stop drinking or die', but checked herself out of the clinic after only one week.

Winehouse's music comeback faced problems in June after a disastrous performance in Belgrade that marked the beginning of her 12-date European tour. The singer's vocal performance was critically panned and she was eventually booed off-stage after seeming drunk and disorientated by those in attendance. Following the performance, Winehouse pulled out of scheduled concerts in both Istanbul and Athens before cancelling the entire tour. A spokesperson for the singer said she would be given 'as long as it takes' for her to get back to her best.

On July 23, Amy Winehouse was found dead at her North London home. The singer was 27 years old. Metropolitan Police has so far described the singer's death as 'unexplained', and an autopsy is expected to confirm the cause of death.

tammyy2j
23-07-2011, 22:16
RIP so sad so young

Katy
23-07-2011, 22:31
tragic indeed,she was so young

alan45
24-07-2011, 01:28
Amy Winehouse had a choice. 91 INNOCENT people in Norway did not.

Chloe O'brien
24-07-2011, 01:29
What a waste of a young talented life. Amy had an amazing voice but like so many lost souls drugs and booze robbed her of her life.

R.I.P Amy

Chloe O'brien
24-07-2011, 02:09
Amy Winehouse had a choice. 91 INNOCENT people in Norway did not.

True Alan but Amy sold her soul to the devil when she started using drugs. They took hold of her life and she couldn't stop them. Your right that those 92 innocent lost lives are different to Amy deaths but she couldn't help herself she was beyond that. She should have been sectioned long ago to help her with her addiction. As for those poor innocent young Norwegians let's just hope that the world can learn from this tragedy.

alan45
24-07-2011, 10:08
Of course I feel sorry for her family left behind. It just annoys me that peopl,e seem to think more of her death than those innocent people in Norway. Amy Winehouse was a wealthy woman who could have got and paid for treatment for her addictions which sadly most junkies can ill afford. I blame her managers and hangers on as well.

Perdita
24-07-2011, 10:39
She was in and out of rehab ... expect they took her money but did not help her

alan45
24-07-2011, 10:45
She was in and out of rehab ... expect they took her money but did not help her

The time for voluntary rehab was long past. She should have been signed in. Of course then the leeches who were making huge sums of money from her wouldn want this.

Chloe O'brien
24-07-2011, 17:03
I watched the news last night and they were talking to some woman who works in a restaurant near were Amy lived. The woman said that Amy used to go there a lot with her bodyguards, If this is true then who was responsible for her getting her hands on drink and drugs. She hasn't worked in about four years so how has she got the cash to buy the drink and drugs. We know how normal drug addicts get money for drugs they steal so who as been feeding her habit. It's the same with Pete Docherty he hasn't worked for years but he still manages to go around being out his face everyday in life. Apart from that those innocent people in Norway deserve to be mourned separately from Amy and people will be mourning them a lot longer that they will Amy.

Perdita
24-07-2011, 18:39
I watched the news last night and they were talking to some woman who works in a restaurant near were Amy lived. The woman said that Amy used to go there a lot with her bodyguards, If this is true then who was responsible for her getting her hands on drink and drugs. She hasn't worked in about four years so how has she got the cash to buy the drink and drugs. We know how normal drug addicts get money for drugs they steal so who as been feeding her habit. It's the same with Pete Docherty he hasn't worked for years but he still manages to go around being out his face everyday in life. Apart from that those innocent people in Norway deserve to be mourned separately from Amy and people will be mourning them a lot longer that they will Amy.

They still get royalties from their music when it is bought, I know both Pete and Amy have given performances and would have earned money, I also imagine that they are not short of a bob or two, and famous peeps don't need to pay for food and drinks because of the publicity the restaurant and bars get when celebrities go there

parkerman
24-07-2011, 18:56
I see she has joined the "27 Club".

Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and now Amy Winehouse all died at the age of 27. Spooky, eh?

alan45
24-07-2011, 21:32
I see she has joined the "27 Club".

Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and now Amy Winehouse all died at the age of 27. Spooky, eh?

And all self inflicted

Cat2687
24-07-2011, 21:36
And all self inflicted

What an ignorant Point of View. Try reading Russell Brand's tribute. That may teach you something.

alan45
25-07-2011, 00:17
well it would be nice if you lot could behave like grown ups and add a thread title like a grown up, but apparently you're ****Ed up Pricks, who let this forum be run by biased adults. At the mo its a load of C&nts

And you have the cheek to call anyone IGNORANT

What an ignorant Point of View. Try reading Russell Brand's tribute. That may teach you something.I wouldn't read or believe anything Russell Brand said. Don't call me ignorant. I have dealt with more suicides and drug related deaths than you will ever know about. Sorry if you don't like the truth. I have NO sympathy for Amy Winehouse, had she wanted to give up drugs and had her so called friends any thought for her they would have spent some of her millions on getting her the proper treatment. The only person I am sorry for in this sordid affair is her Dad. This poor man tried his best to save his daughter

Perdita
25-07-2011, 19:04
Channel 4 is to pay tribute to Amy Winehouse following the singer's death on Saturday.

The broadcaster has announced that it is to screen an updated version of the documentary Amy Winehouse: What Really Happened on Tuesday night, reports Broadcast.

The film, originally compiled by Jacques Peretti in 2008, will investigate how the 27-year-old went from being one of the most talented singers of her generation, to falling into a destructive path which led to her death.

It includes interviews with friends and family, exploring important events in her life from the divorce of her parents to her relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil.

Amy Winehouse: What Really Happened will air on Channel 4 on Tuesday at 11.05pm. It replaces a repeat of Alan Carr: Chatty Man.

4Music will also air one-off special Amy Winehouse: Lost Soul at 8pm tonight.

The ITN Studios production will mix editorial packages charting her life and career with music videos of her biggest hits.

Tony Bennett recently compared Winehouse to the world's most iconic jazz singers after collaborating with her earlier this year.

lizann
27-07-2011, 12:39
RIP very talented musician

Perdita
27-07-2011, 15:28
Mitch Winehouse told mourners at the star's funeral on Tuesday that he hopes to help others who are battling addiction and provide funds to causes that the singer supported.

"I was in New York with my cousin Michael when I heard [about her death] and straight away I said I wanted an Amy Winehouse Foundation, something to help the things she loved - children, horses, but also to help those struggling with substance abuse," he said.

"In this country, if you cannot afford a private rehabilitation clinic, there is a two-year waiting list for help. With the help of Keith Vaz MP, we are trying to change that."

Vaz told BBC News that he would offer whatever help Mitch needed in launching the foundation, saying: "I am very happy to help Mitch in any way I can with his important campaign to help rehabilitate those most vulnerable in our society."

Amy had widely reported struggles with drug and alcohol addiction during her life, although her father told her funeral service that she had begun to "conquer" her demons.

"Three years ago, Amy conquered her drug dependency, the doctors said it was impossible but she really did it. She was trying hard to deal with her drinking and had just completed three weeks of abstinence," he said.

Amy was discovered dead in bed at her flat in Camden, North London on Saturday afternoon at the age of 27.

A private funeral attended by friends and family was held in Edgware, London on Tuesday, with Amy's producer Mark Ronson and her close friend Kelly Osbourne among the mourners.

An inquest into Amy's death was opened and closed on Monday, and adjourned until October 26. No cause of death was given following a post-mortem examination of her body.

I wish the foundation all success

Perdita
23-08-2011, 18:03
Amy Winehouse had no illegal substances in her system when she died, although alcohol was present, a spokesperson for the late star has confirmed.

The 27-year-old singer was found dead in her Camden home last month. No cause of death was found during an initial post-mortem.

The Metropolitan police said at the time that further test results would be known within a month, while an inquest was adjourned until October 26.

"Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death," a statement released this afternoon confirmed.

"Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death."

It continued: "The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October."

London drugs fixer Tony Azzopardi claimed that he had supplied Winehouse with £1,200 worth of crack cocaine and heroin on the day of her death.

lizann
25-08-2011, 16:26
^ So what about the legal substances?