PDA

View Full Version : Joely quits

Em
11-11-2006, 22:17
Joely Richardson has decided to turn her back on Hollywood to look after her sick daughter instead, it has emerged.

The British Nip/Tuck star is quitting the popular US drama to move back to Britain and nurse her daughter Daisy through treatment.

The 15-year-old suffers from a rare medical condition affecting her veins, which requires surgery. She is due to undergo a series of operations on her legs.

Joely reportedly told a newspaper: 'Surgeons and hospitals have been a big part of our lives. We were always told that she would have to have more surgery when she got older. The time has come.'

Richardson said of her Hollywood career: 'What the future holds, nobody can say. It's all up in the air. And I don't know if I will ever be here again.

'I love my work. But I had to be in two places at once and I thought, 'If it were all over tomorrow, what would I regret?' It would be not being there for her. It had to be done but it was scary.'

Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy said he hoped Richardson would eventually return to the show.

'It was sad, but Joely came before her character,' he said.

'The dynamic of the show changed with the difficulty of what she was going through, plus what she is going through on the show this season playing the mother of a deformed baby.

'That said, Joely's the best she's ever been. I don't want to do the show without her.'

Plastic surgery drama Nip/Tuck began in 2003

:( this is so sad but good on her for putting her daughter first