PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on a friendship

Cornishbabe
05-11-2006, 23:18
At what point would you give up on a friendship with peoplw who used to be your best friends?

Im unsure as to if theres any point trying any more with my 'mate' but when would you decide to call it a time and move on?

snapper
05-11-2006, 23:27
I think friendship has to be two way. If you are the one putting all the effort into it then I would say something and see what happens. What makes you think you should give up on the friendship?

Pinkbanana
05-11-2006, 23:32
At what point would you give up on a friendship with peoplw who used to be your best friends?

Im unsure as to if theres any point trying any more with my 'mate' but when would you decide to call it a time and move on?

I think you should take some time and a bit of space away from the person in question. You obviously have your reasons for feeling this way about that person.

If you didnt bother with this mate, would it affect your relationship with other friends, I mean do you share other friends with this particular person? Just they might feel awkward and that they have to take sides, and you may lose more that one mate.....:(

Its a sad situation, esp if they use to be your best mate, but people do grow apart and move on.

Hope things work out!:)

All the best, Kara xxx

diamond1
06-11-2006, 09:20
I think you should take some time and a bit of space away from the person in question. oh is that all it would take to get rid of you PB :) :lol:

in all fairness unless your friend has done something wrong dont turn your back on them simply because you feel fed up with them that could hurt somones feelings to no end.

if however they have done something bad like talking about you behind your back I think thats a offence to sweep under the carpet (after a talking to about it).

but anything that includes Lying about something important or them walking away from you when you need their help,backstabbing in forms of stealing,blackmail,bullying etc should not be tolerated and you should severe all ties because that is not what anyone should put up with.

Jojo
06-11-2006, 10:03
From my experience, sometimes, friendships run their course. I've had some friends where I've been the one to constantly phone them or make the effort to go and see them, where they haven't bothered. A lot depends on how much that friend means to you and if you value their friendship or not I think. Maybe you should have a chat with them, talk things through and you may find that they thought exactly same things as you, and your friendship may well grow again from there.

But at my age, and I know this isn't the case for others, but it is for me...I don't speak to anyone that I used to go to college/school with apart from one great friend. We don't talk constantly, but we know we are always there for each other and thats the most important thing.

Have a chat, see how you both feel. Hope you both work things through though.

Xx-Vicky-xX
06-11-2006, 11:58
It really depends on what is going on and wether or not you want to fight for this mate.

I have two examples, my best mate from school gave me grief for 2 years, in the end i just got to the point i was past caring if we stayed friends or not so when i left school i stopped being mates with her

A year on, another couple of mates started doing the same (not to the same extent as the other one though) difference was i wanted to stay mates with them mainly because it was partly my fault anyway but yeah i worked things out with them

So yeah if you really feel there is no resolving things and you dont feel that you want to stay mates then its likely that you dont but if you still likr this mate and think you can resolve things then do it.

Katy
06-11-2006, 16:52
Sometimes unfortunatly friendships do run their course so dont give up on it just yet just stop doing all the running around and if it is you doinjg all the chasing then its time to move on and make new friends.