PDA

View Full Version : Pop ups

Jessie Wallace
05-11-2006, 00:24
I'm having problems with popups at the moment, it was all fine until i had to delete my tempory internets files and my cookies, and now i get a pop up everytime i open a new page.
Does anyone know how i can stop this? I have AOL and am using all the blocking files they provode but i'm still getting them.

Jojo
05-11-2006, 00:37
Not a clue - my pop up blocker doesn't tend to block either - says it has but they are still open in the background which really bugs me...

Would love to hear anyones ideas on this..

Kim
05-11-2006, 10:58
Search spyware doctor on google and download that. It's not 100% effective, but it does show what it is blocking when it blocks it. If you can get telewest's one, that's really good. We haven't had any pop-ups for ages now.

EE Rocks
05-11-2006, 11:57
I hate pop ups, i am getting loads at the moment.

Luna
05-11-2006, 13:00
since ive downloaded internet explorer 7 my blocker has worked prefectly

crazygirl
05-11-2006, 14:12
all we use is yahoo and its brill! we get no pop ups

Cornishbabe
05-11-2006, 19:03
I use the google one and the aol one. Im n0ot sure which one works but I get no pop ups which is great until you are opening a link and it tries to open in a new window!

Xx-Vicky-xX
06-11-2006, 11:10
I dont know which i use, i will find out but which ever one it is, its really good, it gives you a little yellow bar telling you a pop up has been blocked and asks if you want to keep it blocked or trust pop ups from that particular site

Jessie Wallace
14-11-2006, 19:14
Ok i still need help with this, i've tried the google one suggested, but it doesn't work, and want's far too much money from me to make it work properly. So does anyone know of a free pop up blockers, or a cheep one? Please, please please, it's driving me nuts now.

Xx-Vicky-xX
01-12-2006, 12:47
Ok i still need help with this, i've tried the google one suggested, but it doesn't work, and want's far too much money from me to make it work properly. So does anyone know of a free pop up blockers, or a cheep one? Please, please please, it's driving me nuts now.

You still having problems hun? I asked dad what pop up blocker we have and he said we use the windows one have you tried that? I never get pop ups it always tells me if there is a pop up trying to open then gives me the option to allow it or not

Siobhan
01-12-2006, 12:56

you could always go into internet options and set all your security settings to high

Jessie Wallace
02-12-2006, 13:20
Yeh they are, but everytime i click onto a new page of anythign up pop, yet another pop up.