PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire Night

Behemoth
03-11-2006, 18:34
Remember, remember, the 5th of November!

Has anybody got anything special planned for Bonfire night this year?

Chloe O'brien
03-11-2006, 18:59
I'm not marley is terrified of fireworks and they have been going off round were we live for the past week so I am dreading this weekend as she will be hysterical.

di marco
03-11-2006, 19:02
i forgot it was firework night this weekend lol! erm i dont think so, though im a bit scared that there will be some stupid idiots on campus getting drunk and mucking around with them, i think ill stay indoors lol!

Cornishbabe
03-11-2006, 20:21
I might go into plymouth for their massve celbrations on the hoe on sunday. BUt im away all day so that will only happen if im around.

Abi
03-11-2006, 21:55
Having Fireworks at my Friends house, with loads of people. We did it last year, and it was a great laugh, so this year should be good as well :D

pinkles14
03-11-2006, 22:04
Having fireworks out at my mums with my partner daughter sisters brothers and some friends..
there will be about 20 of us.. should be a good nite..

Katy
04-11-2006, 10:20
im just going down to the sailing club. we have someones old wooden boat that will be a nice base for the bonfire and we are having fireworks in the middle of the lake on a raft. It should be a laugh.

Debs
04-11-2006, 10:24
we usually sit on the waterfront at the marina and just watch them going off alla round us!

Connor actually likes them now so he has been bugging us to go

Kim
04-11-2006, 11:13
I'm just going to have to settle for watching them out of the window lol! My Dad can never be bothered to go to a display, and as far as I know, none of his mates are having any.

Jojo
04-11-2006, 11:18
Watching the "free displays" from the safety and warmth of our living room :D

Far nicer when you're all warm and cosy, with a nice hot cuppa watching them go off. Plus it would scare Liam and Ci doesn't like loud noises, so taking them to an organised display is out of the question.

di marco
04-11-2006, 12:08
Watching the "free displays" from the safety and warmth of our living room :D

lol thats what i do when im at home, we all sit in my room and watch the ones going off at the castle, much better than actually going there and we probably get a better view too lol!

Jojo
04-11-2006, 12:11
lol thats what i do when im at home, we all sit in my room and watch the ones going off at the castle, much better than actually going there and we probably get a better view too lol! And best of all, you keep nice and warm!! :rotfl:

di marco
04-11-2006, 12:20
And best of all, you keep nice and warm!! :rotfl:

yep thats the best bit! watching fireworks from the comfort of my nice warm bed, what can be better than that lol!

Tannie
04-11-2006, 13:37
we're having our own fireworks display as we normally do:D

EE Rocks
04-11-2006, 14:51
Were having a fiework display as well, shame it's on a sunday though.:mad:

Katy
04-11-2006, 14:58
well sunday is actually Bonfire Night isnt it. My lot are planning on haveing a bit to drink so having it on sunday with work in the morning was out of the questions.

di marco
04-11-2006, 23:58
apparently there was some sort of fireworks display going on today, i didnt know about it, but my mate was really up for going, though i dont think drunkeness and sparklers really go together lol!

Richie_lecturer
05-11-2006, 00:26
Well I did my own. I invited a few friends and family up and we lit a number of fireworks in our garden. We are also located by the main park here, who had a big display of their own, so the entertainment was non-stop for a few hours.

I also had a load of logs/plant cuttings from some pruning work I did the other week during my time off from work. That went on the bonfire tonight, and it burned very well.

My wife made a superb buffet to go with the event, and I was very grateful to her for that. :)

EE Rocks
05-11-2006, 11:13
Well its tonight then. If Yesterday was that bad I dread to think of what Tonight will be like!!

Tori
05-11-2006, 11:29
well last night me and my mates were out and we could see some nearby and some guy had bought £1500 worth of fireworks and was setting them off on the bowl (they were meant for his family but everyone came and wwatched!) it was fun, even though we got soaked because we were playing in the long grass!!

Katy
05-11-2006, 12:35
man it was such a laugh last night, i dread to think what the lake will be like this morning with all the chemicals left by the fireworks.

Chris_2k11
05-11-2006, 18:34
A mate of mine put a display on last night and had a bit of a party so I just ended up going there for a few hours. Can't be bothered doing anything tonight lol

Tori
05-11-2006, 20:23
well we just had fireworks at my grandads and my uncle, who is a bit of a daredevil, was there... he put the rockets in the ground in my grandads flowers, and had my grandad been able to see he wouldn't have been impressed! they exploded over the garden and over us!

crazygirl
05-11-2006, 20:35
i am absolutely petrified of fireworks so i just lock myself away in the house!!

Katy
05-11-2006, 20:41
aww, i dont mind them but im not to keen on the ones that make a really loud bang they really make me jump. I like the little sparkly ones that have lots of colours and i love sparklers. We arent doind anything tonight either.

Kim
05-11-2006, 20:47
I'm beginning to think it might not be a bad thing that my Dad can't be bothered to go to a public display. They're louder than I can remember; I've looked out of the window, but I can't see any of them.

Katy
05-11-2006, 20:50
i can hear rocket things all around me they must e all over the estate. I know the cricket club have had some as they looked pretty good other than that i think there are just a lot of private firework parties going on. Its the loudest i remmeber it being round here as well apart from the millenium. Its alot better as the cats settled down a bit.