PDA

View Full Version : TV Swap Shoppers required

Mr Humphries
02-11-2006, 08:40
Source From The Sun 02.11.06

SATURDAY morning kids' TV has never been as wacky as the days of the Multi-coloured Swap Shop.

Noel Edmonds, Keith Chegwin, Maggie Philbin and John Craven used to host the show where viewers would swap their Action Men for invisible dog leads and the like.

It was, in short, the original eBay.

And now it's coming back - with all the original names at the helm.

Taking time out from hit quiz Deal Or No Deal, TV legend Noel and his former Swap Shop compadres are hosting a special on BBC2.

And if you were one of the original swappers you can get involved in the show.

In a two hour bumper episode of Swap Shop, Noel will transport viewers through everything that was special, funny and unique about Saturday mornings on BBC1.

Noel said: "I have some amazing memories and a special affection for Swap Shop.

"It was a programme that broke the mould and I am proud to have been a part of it. It’s going to be like a giant Friends Reunited party!"

Now there's a website which aims to track down original Swap Shop contributors.

If you took part in Swap Shop and want to again, go to: I have deleted the website because of Soapboard Rules but you can get the address from The Sun Newspaper website who ran the story

Most of you are far to young to remember Swap Shop but for the few that aren't this could be fun ! :lol:

Chloe O'brien
02-11-2006, 11:33
swap shop was mince bring back tiswas with the phantom phlan phlinger. that was real entertainment on a saturday morning :rotfl:

dddMac1
02-11-2006, 15:06
they seem to be Bringing back classic tv shows all the time