PDA

View Full Version : Mad Mo Back On Street

Chloe O'brien
29-10-2006, 00:04
FORMER Corrie favourite Sherrie Hewson is to make a chaotic comeback to the show on Christmas Day.
Street bosses are delighted the 55-year-old actress has agreed to return as MaureenWebster.
And viewers who watch the hour-long special will see scatterbrain Maureen back to her loveable, barmy old self.
A Corrie source said: "Sherrie was written out back in 1997 and at the time was playing one of the most popular characters.
"Some people thought at the time she shouldn't have gone.
"With some of the established stars going in the near future - the likes of Bradley Walsh, Debra Stephenson, possibly Kate Ford - and with John Savident and Johnny Briggs gone, Sherrie's return is warmly welcomed."

Dippy Maureen first appeared in Weatherfield in 1993 and became a viewers' favourite.

She was last seen in 1997 when she ran off with Bill Webster (Peter Armitage) hours after marrying butcher Fred Elliott (Savident).

She will shock Bill by turning up just as he is about to tuck in to Christmas dinner with new love Audrey Roberts.

Sherrie's Corrie role is her first big job since leaving Emmerdale earlier this year where she played battleaxe Lesley Meredith.

Johnny Allen
29-10-2006, 00:41
Im not looking forward to her return at all, I dont like the actress or the character for that matter, and her return is no substitue for what will be a massive massive loss in Bradley Walsh.

Mr Humphries
29-10-2006, 08:12
This is so cool, I can't wait, lets hope Reg Hollsworth Returns tooo :rotfl:

Babe14
29-10-2006, 08:41
No not a good idea, as I don't like her either.

Didn't realise that Bradley was leaving permanently, what a real shame he will be greatly missed. Nice to hear tht Bill Webster is staying again didn't realise that he was back for good thought it was only a flying visit.

It's a bit of a worry how Corrie will be affected by all these departures, Bradley, Debra, Kate, Bill, all of whom play central roles in the soap.

LostVoodoo
29-10-2006, 09:40
i dunno, i think it might be fun. a nice comedy row on christmas day as a apposed to misery followed by a punch-up...

Kim
29-10-2006, 11:51
Who on earth is that?! They could at least bring back someone that teenagers know, as a higher proportion of the audience is teenagers than it was in previous years. When I read the title I thought it should have said mad Maya.

CrazyLea
29-10-2006, 14:42
I think I slightly remember her... something about a taxi springs to mind, don't ask why :lol:

eastenders mad
29-10-2006, 15:45
oh right i rember her playing in it.
Is that why they have writen Kevins dad in the soap for?

SoPhIe RuZ
30-10-2006, 15:12
Im not looking forward to her return at all, I dont like the actress or the character for that matter, and her return is no substitue for what will be a massive massive loss in Bradley Walsh.

does he leave:crying: i never knew:crying: :wall: :angry: :mad: