PDA

View Full Version : Winter - love or loathe it?

EE Rocks
27-10-2006, 23:24
I love it. I hate summer, i just get that cosy feeling with winter, like coming home and putting the fire on. Oh god! Remember the clocks go back on Sunday!!:mad: :)

Pinkbanana
27-10-2006, 23:29
I love it. I hate summer, i just get that cosy feeling with winter, like coming home and putting the fire on. Oh god! Remember the clocks go back on Sunday!!:mad: :)

Oh I love going to a country pub, which has a real fire crackling away, in the winter time. Also if I happen to be there with a nice blokie, and he's buying the drinks... even better :D

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-10-2006, 23:29
Clocks go back Sunday.. YES!! :D 'More sleep it appears'

I love winter.. especially when it snows!!.. I hate my room though.. it's always freezing :lol: Least in winter you can layer up and feel nice and warm but in summer even if you are in your undies nothing changes.. unless of course you have the air con or fan on lol x

Chloe O'brien
27-10-2006, 23:57
I cant decided if I love winter or hate it. On one hand I love it as I love the snow when it first falls and I love being in doors when its cold and dark, but on the other hand I hate having to leave the house in the dark mornings and arriving home when its dark although its only tea-time.

Abi
28-10-2006, 00:14
I hate it. Its ok when it snows, dont get me wrong, but i barely ever get any snow here. Its just cold, wet and rainy where i live, which doesn't make winter very good to me.

Mind you, i dont like summer much either. Its too hot and sticky then, so i think i'm a bit of a spring person. Then its a nice comprimise between the two, lol!

CrazyLea
28-10-2006, 00:27
I love winter! I hate being too hot, so hate summer, but I like being cold, cause you can wrap up in loads of stuff, and just be comfy. Just something about Winter I love :D

Chloe O'brien
28-10-2006, 00:59
I agree with you lea you can shut the curtains and block out the cold when the clocks go back.

Jojo
28-10-2006, 01:25
I'm a winter lover. I hate the summer because of my hayfever and generally we don't get a summer anyway and in the winter, the cold crisp bright sunny mornings with the frost on the car - I love it! Something about the cold in your face that wakes you up and makes you feel alive!

And in the night, you get under your duvet, get cosy and warm and sleep easily rather than toss and turn all night because of the heat unable to sleep.

alan45
28-10-2006, 09:02
:cool: Summer for me all the time. How nice to drive into work on a sunny summers morning. Everybody feels good rather than a dreary wet dark winters morning withnthe traffic moving slowly. Go to work when its daylight come home when its daylight get the barbie out or the golf clubs. Oh yes Summer for me. Maybe thats why Im heading off for two weeks in the sun on Friday:D

Jojo
28-10-2006, 09:41
I would love the Summer if we had proper ones, with sunshine etc, but it just tends to be rainy all the time or overcast :(

One villa in the sun is order for the retirement is in order I'm thinking :D (as I am a sun seeker, just love crisp cold morings here)

Emma-Lou
28-10-2006, 20:38
I love the winter i love to get nice and cosy in my bed whereas in summer you are far too warm same when you are outside. The only thing i hate about winter is all the rain we get. When its wet and windy and i have to walk to school in the moring its a nightmare but overall i like it especially when we get snow even though thats not very often.

Pinkbanana
28-10-2006, 20:52
:cool: Summer for me all the time. Go to work when its daylight come home when its daylight get the barbie out or the golf clubs.

Get Barbie out??? :eek: That wouldnt be a life size version of her, would it???! Plastic fantastic...:rotfl: Erm....seeing you in a totally new light, Al!!! :D

Sorry, only joking, just getting you back for dissin' my beloved Enders soooo much!!! :)

Back on topic, I have to say.....I like winter more than summer, but think spring has to be my favourite season......with little lambs jumping around in the fields....and the nights getting lighter again... oh, and Easter eggs :D etc....

EE Rocks
29-10-2006, 10:43
Afterall that and i forgot to change my clocks back, aaah well!! Bring on the 5' O clock darkeness!! Happy (and dark evening's )GMT folks!:) :rotfl:

Kim
29-10-2006, 11:47
I hate winter. Most of my reason for this is because the school makes you stand outside until the bell, which can be ages; you end up freezing. I only remotely like it because both christmas and my birthday are in winter.

annaz
29-10-2006, 14:18
It's fun, you get to wear fuzzly scarfs and hats ^^ Plus you also get to buy an new coat. Snow is fun but wind and drizzle is blah!

I love watching trendies freaking out over straight hair when it begins to rain XD

EE Rocks
29-10-2006, 15:05
True, the schools do make you go outside when it is snowing and you have to do p.e in the snow and rain. Well it alright for the teachers they have a wooly jacket on but what about the pupils that have shorts on??:mad: :mad: :eek:

crazygirl
29-10-2006, 19:33
i love winter! i really hate summer i always dread it coming!
i love the frosty mornings, the dark nights, & hot bubble baths!!
the only thing im not keen on is snow and thats only becasue if i slip over i get embarrased :rotfl: :rotfl:

samantha nixon
29-10-2006, 20:02
i love winter as you can snuggle up when its all cold, but i also love the summer
and at school we get to go inside straight away and if its raining we do pe inside and we do for most of the winter anyway

Debs
29-10-2006, 20:15
i love winter, all snuggled up all day!

and my nice cosy jumpers, only thing i hate is the snow!!

samantha nixon
29-10-2006, 20:46
aww i love the snow and so does my dog lol she eats it

Pinkbanana
29-10-2006, 23:23
aww i love the snow and so does my dog lol she eats it

The only good piece of advice I've ever been given is never eat yellow snow...:lol:

Mr Humphries
29-10-2006, 23:52
I love the winter, its great to have the fireplaces in the pub alight and sitting on the sofa's in front of the fire with a huge fish bowl glass full of wine, wearing a big woolly jumper sit by the man or women you love. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Chloe O'brien
30-10-2006, 12:12
How fabulous was that extra hour in bed on Sunday morning I felt like I had slept an extra 10 hours instead of just 1

Tori
30-10-2006, 12:34
I'm not so keen, because it rains loads, and then once you're wet you staay wet! I love the feeling of wearing next to nothing and i love the heat and the sea so i prefer it. I also hate the dark nights because it goes dark so early that you can't really do anything! Summer all the way!

Chris_2k11
30-10-2006, 18:57
I prefer the summer, you can go out more and have a laugh and stuff. Better atmosphere if you know what I mean. Winter's just cold and dull and ugh. Dark nights aswell. :thumbsdow

Mr Humphries
30-10-2006, 19:09
I prefer the winter, you can always put on an extra lawyer to keep warm, better than laying all hot and sticky in bed

di marco
30-10-2006, 19:31
in some ways i like the winter cos of xmas and my bday and i love it when it snows, but i hate the rain and the dark and the cold lol!

dddMac1
31-10-2006, 14:00
don't mind the snow but i hate the wind cause it keeps me a wake all night and my room is like a freezer