PDA

View Full Version : EastEnders actor dies from cancer

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-10-2006, 13:16
Sorry if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it if it is :D

Taken from BBC

Former EastEnders star Ross Davidson has died from a brain tumour.
Davidson, 57, was part of the original cast, playing nurse Andy O'Brien opposite Shirley Cheriton, who played his girlfriend Debbie Wilkins.

The Scottish actor, from Airdrie, was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour in February 2005 and married his wife Barbara three months later.

His agent, Keith Bishop, said Davidson died at his home in Frinton-on-Sea, Essex, on Monday morning.

He added: "Ross had surgery three times. He searched the country for a cure and fought a brave fight."

Davidson, who was also in Take The High Road and Hollyoaks, leaves a son Drew, eight, from an earlier marriage. Barbara has three children.

Adam Woodyatt - who plays Ian Beale in EastEnders - said: "He was a good man with a great sense of humour and a twinkle in his eye.

"It's a great shame that he has left us after such a long and brave battle, but he always was a fierce competitor. My thoughts are with his family."

Jojo
18-10-2006, 13:30
I saw this yesterday on yahoo - such a shame and what a battle he fought. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

Jessie Wallace
18-10-2006, 13:32
I read about this on teletext last night, but it was like 3am, so wasn't getting up to come and post it on here!
But my thought's are with his family.

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-10-2006, 14:14
I heard it on This Morning yesterday but forgot to put it on here because it was while i was getting ready for college so couldnt do it at the time

crazygirl
18-10-2006, 15:00
thats really sad! i quite liked him on eastenders! debbie was a bit snobby!!

Mr Humphries
18-10-2006, 17:16
Really Really Sad News ! I wish his family well at this sad time !

Katy
18-10-2006, 20:13
I cant believe hes dead. I t wasnt that long ago when he was everyones favourite dad in Hollyoaks.

My thought are with his family.

57 is no age really.

Xx-Vicky-xX
25-11-2006, 08:46
There is a tv show folowwing his battle on BBC1 Wednesday at 9pm called Brain hospital

dddMac1
28-11-2006, 16:16
it's a shame he died brilliant actor but i remember him best from the Scottish soap High road

Jada-GDR
01-01-2007, 19:12
awww, that's such a shame. I never saw him on eastenders but i've heard he was a good actor. RIP.