PDA

View Full Version : Eyesight

Abbie
14-10-2006, 21:41
Ok I know this may be a strange thread, but i was just wondering how mnay of us Have bad eyesight.
Im short sighted and have been wearing glasses since year6 six but last week i got contact lenses (monthly) and its just so much better.
- In the poll you can choose more than one option, and you'll see why as you can choose wot type of eyesight you have, then what you wear, glasses or contacts.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-10-2006, 21:46
I'm short sighted and I found out when I was also in Year 6 lol and I been wearing glasses since.. I only got like new glasses like 2 years ago and they are for some reason huge lol.. But year don't need to change them.. and I quite want to :p..

I want to try contact lenses but mum sees no point of it as I only need my glasses when I sit far away from the board or OHP and stuff in school.. Which is true so I let that pass :lol:

Abbie
14-10-2006, 21:49
Well i wore glasses all the time in class as im at the back in all my classes, but i also wore them at home for watching tv, and when walking round on days out it got annoying when i couldnt see things far away, then at dancing i was blurry in the mirrors, so i thought contact lenses would make my life easier, i they, have and at last i can put them in and take them out quite easily now.

Chloe O'brien
14-10-2006, 22:35
I am short sighted and I've wore glassed for the last *cough* 36 years I have a lazy eye or squint, it happened after I caught the measles when I was 3 and since then I need glasses for reading. I used to have to wear the hideous national health glasses when I was at school, they came in three fabulous colours pink, blue and brown. Now I have designer rimless glasses although its been three years since I had my eyes tested I will need to go again. I've never tried contact lenses as I hate the thought of someone putting something in my eyes, it just gives me the shudders.

Kim
14-10-2006, 22:40
I have perfect eyesight. Always wondered what it would be like to wear contacts though.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-10-2006, 11:17
Kath, I take it as you only votes for one then :p..

Oh yeah there's no option for perfect vision.. lol..

Abbie
15-10-2006, 11:29
Oh yeah there's no option for perfect vision.. lol..
oops sorry about that, i forgot

squillyfer
15-10-2006, 12:12
I'm both, long sighted in my left eye and short sighted in my right eye

Katy
15-10-2006, 13:03
i wear glasses, dont know what for i just wear them and they help me see, thats all i need to know. Im going to get contacts though as i am quite sporty and Glasses do my head in when im playing.

crazygirl
15-10-2006, 14:28
im short sighted i have worn contact lenses for years now

Pinkbanana
15-10-2006, 15:52
Yep I wear contact lenses too! Day and night ones, which means you wear them all the time (er...day and night) for a whole month, till you put a new pair of contacts in. They are great!!!!

willow
15-10-2006, 16:13
i am short sighted and wear contacts. i never knew you could get day and night lenses, i will ask about them when i go next!!!

Tori
15-10-2006, 16:32
I wear glasses and i'm very short sighted, like -8 or something. I wanted contacts but they are too expensive- my optician charges £30 just for fitting and then there's contact lenses on top so i guess i'll have to wait...

Abbie
15-10-2006, 19:34
I wear glasses and i'm very short sighted, like -8 or something you see i never get told how bad my eyes are.

di marco
15-10-2006, 22:38
im short sighted but i dont need to use my glasses too often, just for really long distances mainly otherwise im ok. i got a new pair of glasses last month cos my old ones were horrible and id had them for 7 years! yesterday i had an appointment for contact lenses cos i think sometimes theyd be easier

Skits
16-10-2006, 09:59
i'm short sighted and i wear glasses most of the time. i wear contact lenses at the weekends or if i was going somewhere during the week.

Tannie
16-10-2006, 10:49
I think it's long - sighted i am not sure through.:rolleyes: :o . I've always had to wear glasses as my left eye was lazy when i was younger so i had a patch and everything which i hated as i kept on bumping into things as it went over my good eye and my glasses were massive:rotfl: :p well now i only really need my glasses to see stuff far away or i'm doomed and i'm not allowed to wear contact lenses as my dad wore them for a bit and he hated them so because he hates them he thinks i would hate them but i don't know. And i hate my glasses so much!:angry: :crying:

Chloe O'brien
16-10-2006, 20:19
I was like you jake. I had to wear a great big plaster over my good eye. (what a lovely looking child I was :ninja: ) One of the reason I dont think I could wear contact is when I was at school I used to have to get my eyes tested about 4 times a year and they used to put eye drops in and I hated it. Evan now I hate the thought of anything going in my eyes.

di marco
16-10-2006, 20:30
One of the reason I dont think I could wear contact is when I was at school I used to have to get my eyes tested about 4 times a year and they used to put eye drops in and I hated it. Evan now I hate the thought of anything going in my eyes.

i hate other people touching my eyes (like no one else can put mascara on me i have to do it myself!). i had an appointment at the opticians on saturday cos they are doing this offer where they give you 5 free pairs of daily contacts lenses to try so i thought id give them a go and the lady had to put eye drops in my eye and then put the lenses in, i hated it!

Tannie
16-10-2006, 21:04
i think i was a very pretty toddler with my massive glasses and patch over my left eye:rotfl: i hated when it was on for an hour.

Sam-Elle
16-10-2006, 21:56
ive come from a family where most of us wear glasses and have eye problems
ive never really had eye problems till i was in year 9, i was diagonsed with one eye being weaker than the other and had to do all these excersises and stuff. lucky for me they solved it before i had it permantly.

hazey
17-10-2006, 23:40
I only started to have problem with reading small print in the last few months not bad for a 50+, as most people need some help as they get older, went and had them tested last week, and my sight is 1.25 the weakest lens they do, so only need glasses for reading when my eyes are tired

Debs
18-10-2006, 12:08
im short sighted, i wear glasses all the time

Jojo
18-10-2006, 12:14
I'm long sighted, predominantly, but luckily only have to occasionally wear specs for close up work

JustJodi
18-10-2006, 12:16
I am blind as a bat, I wore glasses just briefly when Uni, then after that I had to wear glasses all the time, just recently I was fitted with bi focals :eek: Age gets to all of us eventually :p