PDA

View Full Version : Going on Contract.

Katy
13-10-2006, 15:49
Just asking your opinions, is it a good idea changing from a pay as you go mobile phone to a contract phone. Is it really difficult to stick top your bill or is it really easy to go over it. I use it quite alot for texting friends and things, like a typical 17 year old uses there phones.

Would it be a god idea or not, and stick to the pay as you go.

Siobhan
13-10-2006, 16:08
I changed over years ago and I found it much better.. you never run out of credit and with so many different package you will find one that suits you

Dr. Tangliss
13-10-2006, 16:54
I definitely recommend contract, I actually spend less now then I did when I had a Pay as You Go one, plus I get X amount of free texts and fee calls.

Siobhan
13-10-2006, 17:01
the contract I am on give me 100 free minutes to anyone, 100 to one "friend" i.e someone you call more than anyone and 200 free text messages, all of which are carried over if I don't use them and it only cost €40 per month
Plus I get cheaper phones when I upgrade (sometimes free ones)

Dr. Tangliss
13-10-2006, 17:11
Mine gives me 250 free text messages to any network at anytime, and free calls to Vodafone mobiles and landlines, after 7pm until 7am Mon-Fri, and free weekend calls, all for £15.99 per month. Saying that I have had my phone for over a year, and as part of the contract would be charged half price for the first 6 months, however they are still only charging me £7.99 now:thumbsup:

Katy
13-10-2006, 17:37
thats what i was thinking that it would be much cheaper, especially as now im putting a £5 quid on here there and every where. I think ill persuede "daddy" to put it in his name then i give him the money everymonth. I jsut searched now and there are so many packages that you can choose from.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-10-2006, 17:45
I'm on 02 and I got the 150 minutes free and 100 free texts one.. don't know how much it costs though.. Dad realised it would be better for me as I used to run out of my £5 credit I ask a month!! It's much better :) x

Layne
13-10-2006, 19:50
I've been on Contract for the past like 3 years, its great.
On some tariffs you can put a block on so you can say only go £5 over you contract.
Their are loads of tariffs to chose from, and plus you can get the latest phone out every year for free (well you know what i mean!)

With my old t mobile one i just used to ring up my balance and it would tell me how many minutes and texts i'd have left, swo it was pretty easy to keep on top of everything. And plus you don't have to go out of your way and buy credit. x

Jojo
13-10-2006, 21:20
I'm also on contract and apart from what has been mentioned already - each year - I get a brand new phone for free :D :D So even if I didn't want a new phone, I get it anyway because why not - it costs me nothing :D

Katy
15-10-2006, 12:59
I'm also on contract and apart from what has been mentioned already - each year - I get a brand new phone for free :D :D So even if I didn't want a new phone, I get it anyway because why not - it costs me nothing :D

Thats a bonus to. Im definatly going on contract now, with T Mobile Flext. I had a scout round and i think thats the best. Thanks for all you help.

Just got to choose my phone now :thumbsup: :D

Tori
15-10-2006, 16:37
Okay, to put something bad in... sorry!
I have a contract phone at the mo, I don't pay line rental or whatever a month, it's just 8.5 p a text and then however long a call is, i get no inclusive mintues and texts and every month i find myself going over and getting a nasty shock (i used to spend about £1 a month, now it's like £15 because it all adds up) so i guess you've just got to remember what you're doing. But that's only me and it's only like that because we've had this sim for about 10 years, and my dad only used the line rental thing for 12 months then switched to another tariff where you didn't have to pay for that kind of thing. I'm also looking for a phone now and i'm wondering whether to change onto a contract with inclusive minutes and texts or to go payg because for me this isn't working out!

hazey
15-10-2006, 20:55
I am with flex 35 T Mobile, I was spending 50 t0 60 pounds a month on virgin pay as u go before. Flex 35 costs me £35 per month on a 18 month contract for that I get £200 to use on texting or calls and 5 free picture messages, I havent managed yet to use the £200, and believe me I can chat lol. They do differant cheaper packages.

Katy
16-10-2006, 16:31
im with Flext 20, as thats enough for me im not a big caller. The phone i got is the Nokia 6111 in Black. Im so excited i love new things.

pookie1968uk
19-10-2006, 17:38
i am on pay as you go with O2. i have a genie sim card which if i top up £10 a month i get 300 free texts every month. i cant find a contract at the moment which betters that so i prefer pay as you go.