PDA

View Full Version : robin hood

Bad Wolf
09-10-2006, 20:50
how good is this show??? finally got round to watcging it and was very impressed"!

Jojo
09-10-2006, 21:16
I enjoyed it more towards then end, but it was good viewing - it gained a million more viewers than Ant & Dec apparently, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it will continue that way. I'm going to give it another watch next week though. I'm glad Robin finally got his bow out and ensured Will Scarletts safety (and the other 3). And go Marion with her hair "knife"

Luna
09-10-2006, 21:57
i watched it yesterday - im not too sure of it yet - wasnt as good as i thought it would have been - i'll watch it next week to see if it gets any better

Meh
09-10-2006, 23:16
Not too sure of the main character playing Robin Hood. It was good thugh and I'm looking forward to next week's episode

alan45
10-10-2006, 00:39
I missed it on Saturday because of the footie. (Norn Iron v Denmark) but I watched it last night. I thouroughly enjoyed it. Am I the only one to remember Richard Greene

Chloe O'brien
10-10-2006, 10:21
We really enjoyed it. It was a lot better that I thought it would be. Good enjoyable family entertainment for a Saturday Night. I'll be watching next week

pookie1968uk
11-10-2006, 07:43
we really enjoyed it and will be defo watching next week. just hope they dont trendy it up too much and keep it a bit more as robin hood should be.

*_*Smile*_*
11-10-2006, 17:43
I missed it on Saturday because of the footie. (Norn Iron v Denmark) but I watched it last night. I thouroughly enjoyed it. Am I the only one to remember Richard Greene

who??

i realy enjoyed it!
not too sure about the new Robin Hood though! loving 'much' he was really funny (did he remind anyone else of wat from a knights tale?)

the baddies are great!! the sherriff is funny but mean at the same time lol and Sir guy is cool too liked him in North and South and he's so nasty in this but still got to love him!!
MArian was cool as well not the usual helpless type whcih is cool!

don't think it deserved the slating it got from a lot of people! defo watching next week!

EE Rocks
23-10-2006, 23:07
Well i enjoyed it. It is good saturday entertainment, after SCD i watch this. I too dont think it deserves the slating it gets, i will carry on watching it. Well done BBC for this great drama!

alan45
23-10-2006, 23:54
Well i enjoyed it. It is good saturday entertainment, after SCD i watch this. I too dont think it deserves the slating it gets, i will carry on watching it. Well done BBC for this great drama! I am 100% in agreement with you on this. Please try not to faint:)

This is a truly excellent well writen and well produced programme which is a credit to all involved:clap:

alan45
23-10-2006, 23:56
Well i enjoyed it. It is good saturday entertainment, after SCD i watch this. I too dont think it deserves the slating it gets, i will carry on watching it. Well done BBC for this great drama! I am 100% in agreement with you on this. Please try not to faint:)

This is a truly excellent well writen and well produced programme which is a credit to all involved:clap:

Pinkbanana
24-10-2006, 00:26
I am 100% in agreement with you on this. Please try not to faint:)

*Quick pass EE Rocks the smelling salts!* lol

I have to say, I havent seen a full episode yet, but Im loving Keith Allen as the Sheriff!!! :)

JustJodi
24-10-2006, 01:00

No sweetie ,I remember Richard Greene too http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/robinhood/RichardGreene.htm
our ages are showing ,my love LOL :rotfl:

Actually I love this program, I love that bad boy who plays the sherrif ,, the guy who plays Robin is great,,

SoPhIe RuZ
30-10-2006, 15:07
i cryed last week when that guy with the blonde hair got stabbed to death:crying: . GREAT show though missed the first but i soon caught up.

chocolate
06-11-2006, 17:50
i love this programme, i hope there will be a second series lol! i love maid marion ( amy griffiths i think ?) shes a brilliant character!!

*_*Smile*_*
06-11-2006, 18:46
i so hope there is another series too!! and i think Marian's great!!

Potato1992
25-11-2006, 21:43
we got another series!!!!!!!!!

*_*Smile*_*
04-12-2006, 17:32
from ds :
Second 'Robin Hood' series confirmed
Thursday, November 23 2006, 16:16 GMT

By James Welsh, International Editor

The BBC has confirmed that a second series of Robin Hood has been commissioned.

Dominic Minghella will return as writer for the show's second 13 episode run, with actors Jonas Armstrong, Lucy Griffiths, Keith Allen, Richard Armitage, Sam Troughton, Gordon Kennedy, Joe Armstong and Harry Lloyd also all returning.

"The cast have engaged and delighted a whole new generation with this fresh and modern retelling of Robin Hood," said BBC fiction controller Jane Tranter. "Keith Allen's captivating portrayal of the menacing Sheriff coupled with the great performances from our young cast headed up by Jonas Armstrong equals compelling drama."

Filming on the new series will commence in Budapest in the spring, with the show scheduled to return to BBC One "later next year."

:cheer: :cheer:

JustJodi
05-12-2006, 00:22
Did any one notice who the girl was that played the Sherrif's spy ?? EVE ??? it was the gal who played Micki on Holby City..
Jonas Armstrong was on Blue Peter today talking about the stunts and the stunt doubles and stuff, and he did mention the 2nd series :cheer: :cheer:

Em
05-12-2006, 15:25
from ds :
Second 'Robin Hood' series confirmed
Thursday, November 23 2006, 16:16 GMT

By James Welsh, International Editor

The BBC has confirmed that a second series of Robin Hood has been commissioned.

Dominic Minghella will return as writer for the show's second 13 episode run, with actors Jonas Armstrong, Lucy Griffiths, Keith Allen, Richard Armitage, Sam Troughton, Gordon Kennedy, Joe Armstong and Harry Lloyd also all returning.

"The cast have engaged and delighted a whole new generation with this fresh and modern retelling of Robin Hood," said BBC fiction controller Jane Tranter. "Keith Allen's captivating portrayal of the menacing Sheriff coupled with the great performances from our young cast headed up by Jonas Armstrong equals compelling drama."

Filming on the new series will commence in Budapest in the spring, with the show scheduled to return to BBC One "later next year."

:cheer: :cheer:

Im really glad about this!

Ive only seen episode 5 onwards ... is it repeated?

Potato1992
23-12-2006, 19:49
something sniffy is going on here...
marian just died but... she is coming back in the next series... im very confused :D

squillyfer
23-12-2006, 19:52
I think she could be faking it and jac is in on it, this way she doesnt have to marry guy and robin can forget about her which maybe she sees as a good thing

chocolate
24-12-2006, 13:13
i was also very confused because i swear i saw her on one of the BBC adverts and she was wearing some kind of wedding veil or something and like Potato1992 said shes going to be in the second series... but u have a very good point squillyfer i think that is most likely what is going to happen... i was well shocked though and confused i was like noooo....:crying: and :searchme: i sooo want to see robin and marian get married lol!!!!! :)

squillyfer
24-12-2006, 15:11
I've seen the advert with her in a wedding dress too but in it i dont think you see the groom so it might not be her marriage to gisbon

pookie1968uk
30-12-2006, 11:00
I've seen the advert with her in a wedding dress too but in it i dont think you see the groom so it might not be her marriage to gisbon

she is obviously not dead really. yes, she has to plan to go through with her wedding with gisbon as the king is coming back but i think they find out the king is not really the king, if you get what i mean!!

chocolate
02-01-2007, 22:55
I absolutely loved the last episode it was brilliant!!! :cheer: im so glad that marian didnt marry gisbourne!!!! im gutted that i have to wait till the end of the year for the new series lol ( im glad that there is a second series lol)

*_*Smile*_*
11-01-2007, 17:40
I love d the last episode it was brilliant even though you kinda knew what to expect it still surprised me! when Marian hit Gisbourne and then got on the back of Robin's horse that was so cool!! i can't believe we have to wait a year for the second series!! also can't help but love the Sheriff!

pookie1968uk
16-12-2007, 22:20
anyone watch this still? i think this 2nd series has been even better than the first as long as you dont take it too seriously! the only problem is they havent made gisbon enough of a baddie and robin is a bit weak so i end up thinking gisbon is so nice to marian and he loves her so much that they should end up together!!! he is such a strong man!!!!:wub:

JustJodi
16-12-2007, 23:42
Richard Armtridge is a great actor,, as long as he does not smile,, Yea I think he is besotted with Marian..remember he and Alan fixed it so that she could escape the hang mans noose as the Night Watchman(sic) :ninja: he tries hard to be a bad guy but when it comes to Marian he turns to mush :love:
I personally LOVE this series,, The sheriff and the characters they have brought in this series are just terrific..
Does any one know how much longer we have to enjoy Robin and his Merry men ???:D

Chloe O'brien
18-12-2007, 22:50
Robin Hood 90 minute finale is this Saturday Jodi. :crying: No more Richard Armitage for a year.

pookie1968uk
18-12-2007, 23:09
Robin Hood 90 minute finale is this Saturday Jodi. :crying: No more Richard Armitage for a year.

oh no, what will i do without my richard armitage fix!!!!! i dont want this series to end!!

Bubblegum
19-12-2007, 17:21
what about no harry lloyd and jonas armstrong!
i was watching harry lloyd in doctor who last night. god was he freaky!

Chloe O'brien
21-12-2007, 00:09

You could invest in the dvd of the series or buy and drool over him in the North and South box set. :wub:

oh no, what will i do without my richard armitage fix!!!!! i dont want this series to end!!

SoPhIe RuZ
23-12-2007, 20:03
i think this programm is amazing and i dont want it to end.:crying: i nearly died when it finished last time without Jonas :bow: :bow: the only problem is that Jonas(:love: ) has his hair styled and its set in the 1500(?) but oh WELL i dont care!!

Chloe O'brien
23-12-2007, 23:31
Sorry it's Saturday 29 the double-episode finale is on not last night as I thought.

pookie1968uk
30-12-2007, 14:18
did anyone watch the series finale yesterday? i couldnt believe it, i was wiping the tears away. it said at the end there wil be a new series but they will need to recruit new people as there is hardly any of the gang left!

JustJodi
30-12-2007, 14:36
:eek: omg...............what a seat gripper !!!!!!!!!
I just bawled:crying: at the end.....then after all this stuff VICAR OF DIBLY had Richard Armitage on it and he was a HAPPY HARRY,, omg,, what a different character,, wow...
I can not imagine Marian not:nono: being in the series next year,, or a series at all,,, wow !!!!:eek:

Bubblegum
30-12-2007, 14:45
Djaq and Will have to come back!

Now Marian is dead barely anyone is left. :crying:

I can't believe Guy atually killed her though! This must mean major war between him and Robin.

But at least they got married!

And Will and Djaq admitted their feelings for each other, though the whole idea of telling the truth wasn't that good! (i.e. what Much and John said!).

What can happen in the next series though?

tammyy2j
30-12-2007, 15:52
What a finale, i can't believe Marion died.

Maid Marion is a big part of Robin Hood

pookie1968uk
30-12-2007, 22:37
it did say at the end of the programme that robin hood will be back but what a different programme that will be without a maid marian and a will scarlet. they definitely need to recruit! it was so sad i cried, and i too cant believe guy killed marian, he really loved her too. such a different character from the vicar of dibley!!!! lol

Bubblegum
31-12-2007, 10:58
maybe Will and Djaq return and Will wants to stay but Djaq wants to leave, so she goes back and Will stays!

Chloe O'brien
05-01-2008, 21:35
It was a bit violent for a family show. Totally shocked that Guy killed Marion.

GwennieS
07-01-2008, 17:53
Am I the only one to think that Marion's death scene was the worst in history ( followed closely by Kevin Wicks' in Eeastenders ). She had a lot of strengh left after just being stabbed by a huge sword, and not a drop of blood on her dress amazing !! And the power she had when she pulled it out :clap:

I'm sorry to see Will and Djad go, the forrest will be en empty place without them, but I'm glad we still have Much :cheer:

*_*Smile*_*
13-01-2008, 18:12
It's not going to b the same show at all! i can't believe they killed Marion, thas so not Robin Hood!!
Is it bad to still love Gisborne though?!?!

pookie1968uk
14-01-2008, 20:10
It's not going to b the same show at all! i can't believe they killed Marion, thas so not Robin Hood!!
Is it bad to still love Gisborne though?!?!

of course its not bad! i still think hes lovely even though he killed marion. he just misguided!!!!!

*_*Smile*_*
14-01-2008, 22:52
good good! i was slightly worried that still loving him made me a bad person lol! as long as i'm not alone!!

pookie1968uk
08-08-2008, 09:44
Jonas Armstrong, who plays Robin Hood in the BBC's remake of the classic tale, is to leave the show at the end of the third series.

The 27-year-old, who is currently filming in Budapest, said playing Robin Hood was an "incredible experience" but he was looking for "new challenges".

According to producers, the Irish-born actor will bow out in an explosive and nail-biting finale.

How the story will unfold after Armstrong leaves remains a mystery.

"Over the last three years I have met some wonderful people and have only amazing memories to take with me," the actor said in a statement.

A BBC spokeswoman said the finale would be "intriguing and guaranteed to make fans desperate to find out what happens next".

Foz Allen, the show's executive producer, added: "We cannot confirm the series climax, nor can we guarantee who will survive and who won't."

The third series of Robin Hood will be shown on BBC One next year, and will run for 13 episodes.

how can it carry on with another robin hood when marion has already left too??

tammyy2j
12-09-2008, 14:14
Joining the cast for season 3 are Joanne Froggatt as a character named "Kate" and Toby Stephens to play King John

With Robin and Marian gone how can the show survive? :thumbsdow