PDA

View Full Version : So chuffed I had to post it!!!!

Jojo
06-10-2006, 16:59
My eldest just came home from school after doing his football afterwards and brought home a letter which he was very worried about as he was certain he hadn't been naughty or anything and normally letters are only sent home for bad reasons, not good.

Boy did I get a shock!!

In part, the letter says:

I am writing to let you know that I have nominated S for membership to The Natioanl Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth (NAGTY) based at Warwick University...... etc etc :eek: :eek:

I've just looked on their website and its for students who are 11-19 and work in the top 5% of the National Ability range :eek:

I knew he had his head screwed on (he is my son after all :D :D ) and hes done excellently in his SAT's etc, working 2 years ahead of himself, but this is just totally amazing and I'm all choked up. I've phoned hubby and told him, and he couldn't speak, got all choked too (and hes just about to see a customer lol), so I just wanted to share this fantastic news with everyone, cos I am even more of a proud mum than I normally am :D :D :cheer:

Bad Wolf
06-10-2006, 17:01
OMG - congratulations xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Siobhan
06-10-2006, 17:06
WOW Em.. that is brilliant.. I can just see you now beaming with pride... Congrats to you both..

Xx-Vicky-xX
06-10-2006, 17:11
My brother is going there aswell i on the other hand wasnt as bright lol but that cool that your oldest is so cleaver Ems :cheer:

Debs
06-10-2006, 17:27
OMG ems well done s!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

clever just like his mum!!!:cheer:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
06-10-2006, 17:30
OMG!! :D Emz!! :D What a clever son you have!! :D Well... takes after his mum I guess :D..

Awww well done and continue being proud of him.. Why did I just say that?! I know you will do :lol: Aww bless him!! :D Great kid x

Cornishbabe
06-10-2006, 18:02
My Brother got into that in year 8 and decided he didnt want to be clever so never went to anything.

You must have a great influence on him. Congratulations on having such an intelligent child

CrazyLea
06-10-2006, 18:02
Omg!! WOW!!! That's incredible :D Good old brainy S :D

Jessie Wallace
06-10-2006, 19:59
How ab fab is this news, congrat's to you both. Give him a slap on the back from me :D
And a Big hug for you.
This is the best news huni, you've cheered me up now.

Em
06-10-2006, 20:07
OMG ems thats fab!

warwick uni is a fab campus - hope he loves it! i dont know what this particular programme is but you must be so chuffed! a right ol clever clogs!

Trinity
06-10-2006, 20:12
Fantastic!

Well done to your son, and well done to you too - you are obvoiusly doing everything right!

Chloe O'brien
06-10-2006, 20:16
Well done S and well done Ems and Paul congratulations on his acheivement.

Jojo
06-10-2006, 20:18
I've looked at the website again, and it looks like there are lots of extra curricular activities and one that the school has put him forward for is a film/animation course working with Tim Burton!! :eek: But there are lots of other courses apparently that they can do in addition to normal schooling, and he is really excited about it at the moment - hopefully it will stay that way :D

Jessie Wallace
07-10-2006, 00:05
Wow how exciting is that, i want to be your son!

emma_strange
07-10-2006, 00:16
Wow congrats!

And working with Tim Burton, that would be so amazing!

CrazyLea
07-10-2006, 00:18
I've looked at the website again, and it looks like there are lots of extra curricular activities and one that the school has put him forward for is a film/animation course working with Tim Burton!! :eek: But there are lots of other courses apparently that they can do in addition to normal schooling, and he is really excited about it at the moment - hopefully it will stay that way :D

:eek: I'm rather jealous lmao!! I love Tim Burton... well his movies.... if S doesn't want to take part, i'll pretend to be him lmfao :p

Abi
07-10-2006, 00:18
Thats great, Ems! Congrats to S, and to you and your Hubby! :cheer:

pookie1968uk
07-10-2006, 15:44
that is a great achievement for your son, i bet you are both so proud of him!

Abbie
07-10-2006, 17:48
oh my god!! congrats, thats amazing, you must be so proud.

nicole28
20-10-2006, 11:34
Wow! Congrats! You must be so proud! In my school, I am gifted and Talented but nothing like that lol! Well done! x

xStephaniex
20-10-2006, 12:37
WOOOOOOW !!!! congrats S !!!! thats brilliant news Ems, Best of luck to him !! :D :D

Dr. Tangliss
20-10-2006, 17:28
My eldest just came home from school after doing his football afterwards and brought home a letter which he was very worried about as he was certain he hadn't been naughty or anything and normally letters are only sent home for bad reasons, not good.

Boy did I get a shock!!

In part, the letter says:

I am writing to let you know that I have nominated S for membership to The Natioanl Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth (NAGTY) based at Warwick University...... etc etc :eek: :eek:

I've just looked on their website and its for students who are 11-19 and work in the top 5% of the National Ability range :eek:

I knew he had his head screwed on (he is my son after all :D :D ) and hes done excellently in his SAT's etc, working 2 years ahead of himself, but this is just totally amazing and I'm all choked up. I've phoned hubby and told him, and he couldn't speak, got all choked too (and hes just about to see a customer lol), so I just wanted to share this fantastic news with everyone, cos I am even more of a proud mum than I normally am :D :cheer:

You must be so proud! I know I would if one of my children was to come home with a letter like that!:clap:

Jada-GDR
21-10-2006, 12:24
aww, that's wicked! good luck to him :cheer:

Jojo
07-11-2006, 14:14
Well, update...

Last Saturday was the first day of his media course and he didn't want to come home. First thing he said to me in the car was, "hasn't Tim got frizzy hair!!"

I was like eh?! How do you mean and it was, oh Tim was there with us all day, helping us with the storyboards and then the photography part and uploading them onto our Mac's :eek: :eek:

Ok, I know that Tim Burton is just like all of us, human (I think?! lol) goes to the loo, etc, but my son, spending the day with Tim Burton, working on a short animated film :eek: :eek:!!!

Hes doing the next part on Saturday this week, and then they have a week break, before showing all us lucky parents their short films and I'm so excited and dead chuffed.

He's also signed up for a course on Genetics and DNA in Feb at Birmingham Uni, so I'll be wondering round Brummieland for the day waiting for him...

But ..... Tim Burton!!!

Siobhan
07-11-2006, 14:34
:eek::eek: no way!!! that is fantastic.. man Tim Burton!!!! that is an achievement and a half... you must have been really proud of him

I am sure Bry will keep you busy in Brummie and maybe show you future DS scripts (p.s if he does, take lots of notes and pm me when you get back) :rotfl::rotfl:

Jojo
07-11-2006, 14:47
:eek::eek: no way!!! that is fantastic.. man Tim Burton!!!! that is an achievement and a half... you must have been really proud of him

I am sure Bry will keep you busy in Brummie and maybe show you future DS scripts (p.s if he does, take lots of notes and pm me when you get back) :rotfl::rotfl: I know!! I was like whaaaaa!!!!!

He is supposed to be there the entire 3 days of the course too. I'm just sooo proud....even though hubby was like - who is Tim Burton?! :eek: :lol:

Well, I'll be on my lonesome round Brummie from half 9 till half 4 - if anyone lives there and sees me wandering around looking lost - show me the best places to keep me amused for the day please :D

If he does though Siobhan - course I will, just don't tell anyone! :lol:

Siobhan
07-11-2006, 15:01
We have a new person start at work and he is the biggest Tim Burton fan ever.. he wants to know would it be ok for him to go pick up Si from his next course??? or he is wonder how can he get into NAGTY

Em
07-11-2006, 15:15
I know!! I was like whaaaaa!!!!!

He is supposed to be there the entire 3 days of the course too. I'm just sooo proud....even though hubby was like - who is Tim Burton?! :eek: :lol:

Well, I'll be on my lonesome round Brummie from half 9 till half 4 - if anyone lives there and sees me wandering around looking lost - show me the best places to keep me amused for the day please :D

If he does though Siobhan - course I will, just don't tell anyone! :lol:

Is it this saturday Ems?

Im back from scotland thurs, If im not at work I can come in and meet you!

Where about in Brum - the centre? I can let you know Fri night xx

Jojo
07-11-2006, 17:32
Is it this saturday Ems?

Im back from scotland thurs, If im not at work I can come in and meet you!

Where about in Brum - the centre? I can let you know Fri night xx Brummie in Feb Ems, but if you aren't working then it would be great to meet up :D

We have a new person start at work and he is the biggest Tim Burton fan ever.. he wants to know would it be ok for him to go pick up Ste from his next course??? or he is wonder how can he get into NAGTY

lol - he'd have a long way to travel Siobhan. NAGTY is for 11-19 year olds, and has to work in the top 5% apparently to get in... www.nagty.ac.uk

Siobhan
07-11-2006, 17:39
lol - he'd have a long way to travel Siobhan. NAGTY is for 11-19 year olds, and has to work in the top 5% apparently to get in... www.nagty.ac.uk (http://www.nagty.ac.uk)

This guy would travel.. he is wanted to see Nightmare before Christmas 3d and is willing to travel to Uk if it premieres there first.. about NAGTY, he will have to un-mature by many years to even class as 11- 19 year old :rotfl::rotfl:

Em
10-11-2006, 19:34
Brummie in Feb Ems, but if you aren't working then it would be great to meet up :D

lol - he'd have a long way to travel Siobhan. NAGTY is for 11-19 year olds, and has to work in the top 5% apparently to get in... www.nagty.ac.uk

Yeah hun Ill meet just let me know!

Siobhan
09-09-2008, 17:15
Sorry to kidnap this thread (how is S getting on anyway Em? ).. but I got a letter home from Charley's school yesterday. It was talking about support teaching for kids keeping up with the ciriculum and I thought is strange as Charley wasn't having any trouble as far as I know, but at the very end it said:

This is also for kids with Exceptional ability (which was highlighted) and that they screened Charley and found her to be above average... I was so happy!!

so I am just seen what this actually involves.. Charley said she was asked to do reading, writing and maths yesterday and then she got the letter to bring home...

Em, all that reading and CD do make a difference to a childs learning ability

Siobhan
12-09-2008, 09:52
More news on this. Charley was nominated to go to ICTY (Irish center for talented youths). she will have to sit an assessment but if she passed she will be put on the program to do a number of subject at our local University.

I am so happy!!

Perdita
12-09-2008, 10:37
Good news and I hope Charley will pass with flying colours. :clap:

Trinity
12-09-2008, 10:37
Congratulations to Charley!

You must be very proud. :thumbsup: