PDA

View Full Version : Holby goes to Switzerland..

CrazyLea
29-09-2006, 17:56
Holby in Switzerland

Next month, HOLBY CITY will be showing an episode filmed in Switzerland - in a moving storyline involving medic Elliot and his ill wife Gina.

The unfolding storyline has seen Elliot struggle to cope with his wife's motor neurone disease and still hasn't given up hope of a cure. In recent weeks, Gina has begged her husband to accept the fact that she is dying.

However, in the storyline which continues next month, Gina, has made the decision to go to Switzerland to attend an assisted suicide clinic.

Connie, who has become her confidant, finds herself in a difficult position when asked to help with her application to the clinic, whilst Gina informs Elliot she will be going on a girls-only holiday.

But will Connie allow the tragic events to unfold?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds sad :( Will Connie do it :eek:

squillyfer
29-09-2006, 18:01
got to admit this would be a great story line, if connie did it not only would we see her grow as a character but she'd have to deal with elliot when she got back

Footie_Chick
30-09-2006, 12:49
Ahhh, wow!! This will be really moving to watch, i will need the tissue box next to me that night.

baby oranges
02-10-2006, 08:37
Ahhh, wow!! This will be really moving to watch, i will need the tissue box next to me that night.

omg, i'm gonna cry my eyes out :crying: even though it's gonna be sad, i can't wait to watch it. sounds really good. poor connie, not only was she unable to save will (who she obviously had feelings for) now she has to watch and maybe help a good friend die. and of course, poor elliot. he's so sweet and he loves gina so much. awww, my eyes are filling up just thinking about it!

moonstorm
02-10-2006, 10:54
"Connie has gone to Liberté, in Switzerland, with Gina while Elliot remains in Holby unaware of what his wife is intending to do, as the hospital drama continues.

However, as the time draws nearer, will Gina be ready to face death alone or can Connie convince her that Elliot needs to be there by her side?

Meanwhile, when Bradley comes back to collect the last of his belongings, Reg confronts him about the drugs scam in the hope that Donna might finally realise what he is like.

Elsewhere, a patient comes in with a secret past and Joseph sees how his own life could be affected by his actions"

Just to add a little bit to what has been said above. I got this from Digital Spy.

Dr. Tangliss
02-10-2006, 14:41
What a position poor Connie is in, but I have to admit it sounds like a good storyline. I wonder if Gina will do it?

baby oranges
05-10-2006, 07:52
i know, obviously i feel really really bad for gina. she's the one whose had to live with the awful illness and she is the one who is oing to die younger because of it. but i can't help feeling bad for connie. it must be an awful situation to be in and i bet it happens a lot more commonly in real life than we realise

as always, the acting from all the stars is amazing, particularly amanda mealing, elliot and gina (sorry, don't know their names)

alan45
05-10-2006, 10:50
The build up to this story has been excellent. I really enjoyed Tuesdays episode and found it very emotional. It was so realistic. Excellent.

baby oranges
17-10-2006, 21:19
omg, i just watched this episode and totally cried my eyes out. it was so sad :crying: