PDA

View Full Version : Murderers ?

Katy
29-09-2006, 16:22
What do you think should happen to a murderer. Would you have a set sentence with no chance of parole or would you introduce the dealth penalty what are you thoughts?

Siobhan
29-09-2006, 16:28
What do you think should happen to a murderer. Would you have a set sentence with no chance of parole or would you introduce the dealth penalty what are you thoughts?

It will depend on the details of the crime but I believe Life should mean life.. I don't mean the death penality but in some case the crime is so thought out and brutal that the person deserves to stay in prison for the rest of their lives with no chance of parole.

Xx-Vicky-xX
29-09-2006, 16:32
I say leave them in prison, with life meaning life, this way they have to live their lives knowing what they did, killing them is to easy that way they dont suffer, as much as we want them to die for what they have done it doesnt really punish them.

samantha nixon
29-09-2006, 17:30
not the death penalty as there are so many people that are wrongly convicted and by the tme the cops find out they were wrong it could all be too late
but i dont think they should get out with only doing 3 years as thats an insult to the peoples family

Kim
29-09-2006, 17:35
I say the death penalty if there is no way that the person could not have committed the crime. If there is doubt then life inprisonment until such a time that they are found innocent or that it is absolutely certain they did it in which case they should be given the death penalty.

Chloe-Elise
29-09-2006, 18:09
I think they should stay in prison, it's more of a punishment, they should serve a life sentence.

Jojo
29-09-2006, 18:13
It would better if prison was prison, but a lot of the time, its more like a hotel than anything. Life should mean life, but never does and I think that in some circumstances, the death penalty wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Trinity
29-09-2006, 18:19
I do not approve of the death penalty.

Killing someone who killed someone else doesn't make the second killing acceptable.

In some cases I believe that life should mean life imprisonment, however there are other 'murders' that are really self defence in my book, e.g. where an abused woman attacks her attacker and he dies, where someone who has repeatedly been burgled and attacked in their own home by thugs fights back (during an attack in their own home) etc.

Each case has to be tried on it's own merits, and the tarrif should reflect the crime.

Parole for all should be abolished and the given sentence should be served.

Some people must serve life in prison in order to protect the public.

Kim
29-09-2006, 18:43
Well if you're scared of dying then the death penalty would be more of a punishment but you would never know.

Katy
29-09-2006, 20:35
i agree with what a lt of you are saying. Especially the point about prisojn not being prison, its more of a holiday camp from what you hear. day trips out and all that.

Definatly to do with the type of crime though. I mean someone who killed there husband after years of abuse shouldnt receive the same as someone who went out and murdered a couple of kids because he felt like it. Which is why a set sentence for all murder cases would not work.

The problem with keeping them in prison is theres realistically not enough space.

pookie1968uk
29-09-2006, 20:47
they should make a life sentence mean life and stop making prison like a holiday camp, some national service wouldnt do them any harm either! im all for tough punishments! if you do a crime you deserve to pay properly for it.

Katy
29-09-2006, 21:02
I like your attitude. I think thats what id do really embarress them and make them work like they have never worked before. THen Lock them up.

Bryan
29-09-2006, 21:12
no death penalty - they shouldnt have the easy option, they need to suffer their whole life, which means a LIFE in prison, no parol, Life Imprisonment should be just that: LIFE IMPRISONMENT! As ems said a prison not a hotel luxuries, no privalages, no accociations, no visits... bread and water in a locked cell... you take a life you dont desereve to live a good one as a consequence.

Only acceptions as Trinity said are self defence and protecting your home/family... i personally dont think people should be imprisoned for these, but seen as they are I dont think they should be there for life.