PDA

View Full Version : Baby killed by dogs

chance
25-09-2006, 11:10
A baby mauled to death by two Rottweiler dogs left guarding a pub has been named as five-month-old Caydee-Lee.

The little girl suffered horrific injuries and was taken to hospital, but died a short time later.

The attack happened in the living quarters of the Rocket pub in Stephenson Drive, in the New Parks area of Leicester, on Saturday afternoon.

The dogs, which were trained to act as guard dogs, were later put down. It is thought the little girl's parents were looking after the pub - and the animals - when the attack happened.

Neighbours named the landlords as Wayne and Lesley Glaze, and said they left the pub with Mrs Glaze's son, Lee Burchell, and his girlfriend Amy while they went on holiday.

Police have not named the baby, but neighbours said she was Caydee-Lee, the young couple's daughter.

Reports said the dogs, Bess and Bruno, were owned by Mr and Mrs Glaze.

The attack was reportedly witnessed by horrified passers-by, who alerted the emergency services.

Emotional neighbours spoke of their horror at the baby's death, describing the animals as "vicious".

One woman, who would not be named, said: "They went for her face, completely ripped her apart. It doesn't bear thinking about. Apparently they dragged her on to the roof."

chance
25-09-2006, 11:11
Breaks my heart to think of the pain that poor little soul was in,rest in peace angel.

Luna
25-09-2006, 15:40
The grandfather of a baby mauled to death by Rottweilers has been stabbed in an attack which left his partner dead, a family member has said.
John Brightwell, 50, and Debra Larn, 47, were attacked at home in Beaumont Leys, Leicester, early on Sunday.

His five-month-old granddaughter was killed by dogs at The Rocket public house in Leicester on Saturday.

The death of the baby, Caydee-Lee, is not being linked to the attack, for which two people have been arrested.

The two Rottweilers, which lived at the pub, were put down after the attack on Saturday.

Leicester Police said a 26-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman have been arrested in connection with the attack on the grandfather and his partner.

Katy
25-09-2006, 16:20
WHat a horrible time for that family. I doubt its a coincidence , and that the two crimes are probably linked.

Luna
27-09-2006, 13:32
A toddler has been savaged by a rottweiler just days after a baby girl was killed in a similar attack.

The two-year-old boy suffered serious facial injuries but is expected to make a full recovery.

He was attacked by the dog at his grandmother's home in Middleton-on-Sea, West Sussex.

The dog, named Tyler, was later destroyed with the owner's consent.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: "The child is now with family at St Richard's Hospital in Chichester. He has suffered a number of bites and cuts to his body.

"His condition is not life-threatening and he remains in hospital for treatment. Police inquiries with the family and the owner of the dog continue.

"The dog has been seized by police and the owner has voluntarily authorised the humane destruction of the animal."

Neighbour Mike Pepper was up a ladder outside his home when he heard hysterical screaming from a woman coming from their front garden about 400 yards away at the end of the private close.

He explained how he grabbed a hammer, ran up the driveway and hit the animal repeatedly over the head in an effort to subdue it before carrying the blood-soaked child into their kitchen.

Mr Pepper, 66, said: "I knew something was wrong, particularly as a rottweiler was involved.

"So I got down from the ladder and got hold of the nearest thing I could find, which was a hammer, and I went down the road and up the driveway of their home. I could see the grandmother was over the boy in the front garden shielding him from further attack.

"The dog was still trying to get to the boy and I kept shouting at the dog to get away and I hit it on the head with the hammer.

"Fortunately, it backed off so I turned my attention to the boy who was covered in blood and had some really nasty facial injuries."

The attack on Harvey came four days after five-month-old Cadey-Lee Deacon was mauled to death by two rottweilers in the New Parks area of Leicester.