PDA

View Full Version : Hedonism

Bryan
23-09-2006, 15:41
Hedonism is about living your life for pleasure. "pleasure is the highest good" "whatever causes pleasure is right."

Do you believe in Hedonism? Are you a hedonist?

Some say it's selfish but don't you think life is for enjoying?

Discus...:D

Abbie
23-09-2006, 16:05
well i suppose it can be slefish you go over the top but i think its a good thing, you have one life so yu might as well enjoy it

DaVeyWaVey
23-09-2006, 16:18
I believe in Hedonism, but i agree going over the top can be quite selfish. You only have one life..you might as well enjoy the pleasure of it.

Katy
23-09-2006, 18:33
What is it with you and these big words Bry, i tell you Soapboards is great its like a whole world of learning things new.

Anyhow back on to Hedonism, i think its right, like said you only live once so live it to the full take risks, and enjoy. Otherwise its boring and pointless.

samantha nixon
23-09-2006, 19:20
what is hendonism:searchme: i havent ever heard of it

Bryan
23-09-2006, 19:46
what is hendonism:searchme: i havent ever heard of it

if you read the first post in the thread, you'd know :rolleyes:

samantha nixon
23-09-2006, 20:23
yh i still dont understand what it exactly is lol
so in other words money is the best thing

Bryan
23-09-2006, 20:33
yh i still dont understand what it exactly is lol
so in other words money is the best thing

no basically a hedonist is someone who lives life for pleasure, a lot of people say its selfish, but they argue life is for living

hedonism is about pleasure being the most important thing in the world, and that whatever brings pleasure is right

Dr. Tangliss
23-09-2006, 20:59
In an ideal world it's an excellent concept and I think it's a good thing. However, in the real world where the it revolves around money, I'm affraid the it does not exist or at least not for a sustained period, unless of course you are Hugh Hefner ;).

Cornishbabe
24-09-2006, 11:05
so in hendonism if you want to sleep with a little kid beacuse it gives you pleasure you should?

just trying to understand it

samantha nixon
24-09-2006, 14:30
so in hendonism if you want to sleep with a little kid beacuse it gives you pleasure you should?

i dont understand it properly either

di marco
25-09-2006, 09:44
in theory i think its a good idea, you should enjoy life, but in reality it could make people selfish and surely what they want for their pleasure could take away other peoples pleasure?

Siobhan
25-09-2006, 12:47

For this alone it is bad.. I do believe you should live life to the full and get happiness and fun out of it but CB made a good point here.. What if Rape gives you pleasure, hurting people gives you pleasure??? it is ok then???