PDA

View Full Version : and the winner are...

Rach33
08-05-2005, 01:23
Eastenders (5)

Best Actor - Shane Richie (Alfie)
Sexiest Male- Nigel Harman (Dennis)
Lifetime achievement Award - June Brown (Dot)
Best on screen Partnership – John Bardon and June Brown (Dot and Jim)
Best Exit - Charlie Brooks (Janine)

Alisha
08-05-2005, 09:54
Well done ee and I think all are deserved with the exception of Shane Richie's best Actor. He is so overrated and he shouldn't have got it. Nigel and Perry have been miles ahead of him this year and he has been quite weak over the year too.

The one I am most pleased is June Brown's life tiome achievement award. That one was long overdue and well done to her. I was disapointed not to see her in the best actress panal but this kind of makes up for it. Well deserved!

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:02
Completely agree about Shane he certainly didn't deserve it I thought Nigel did after the fantastic episode in the Queen Vic last April with Den

.:Kitz:.
08-05-2005, 10:04
I agree, what has he actually done this year that makes him 'best actor'?

angelblue
08-05-2005, 10:08
Yeah i agree i want to see picture from the an awards how can we see them :hmm:

Alisha
08-05-2005, 10:10
He plays himself :lol:

also IMO, this is the reason why he can't do emotion. Comedy is his trade mark because thats what he is all about.

I do think the scenes that Nigel had with Leslie were outstanding (in the vic) as well as the two hander when he confessed murder to Sharon. The Christmas episode was great. Also Perry did brilliantly with ther court scenes and those with Kacey Ainsworth about the whole baby saga.

I'm glad to see Janine get best exit, that one had me at the edge of my seat. Well deserved :)

Layne
08-05-2005, 10:10
All were deserved, specially June Brown's Lifetime Achievement Award and Nigel Harman Sexiest Male (no surprised there!)
I think personally Nigel should of got best actor, but hey!
Can't Believe EE didn't get any more,
Tracy-Ann should of got Best Newcomer
Leslie or Tracy-Ann should of got best Villian
EE should have also won best Single Episode (the Watts Christmas) and best soap
We Were CHEATED!!!! Recount!
Congrat to all those who won though!
Specially Nigel, i told him he would win, i also told him that i loved him ahhhhhhh :wub: he didn't say it back though! :crying:

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:11
Charlie was amazing if you want pics Angelbule check the DS forums they have plenty of links to pics Joel Beckett and Jake Maskall looked hot yummee so did Nigel he had suit with a pink shirt it suited him

Alisha
08-05-2005, 10:11
Considering ee's supposed 'bad patch' 5 awards is really good. Corrie won three more...thats hardly wipping them out.

Layne
08-05-2005, 10:12
He plays himself :lol:

also IMO,
:)
Might sound stupid but what does this mean?

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:13
I was amazed Tracy-Ann lost Best Newcomer she has been amazing all year she was defo robbed after all her hard work I'm tempted not to bother watching it what with Shane Richie and no award for Tracy-Ann its a travisty

Alisha
08-05-2005, 10:13
Might sound stupid but what does this mean?

IMO In my opinion :)

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:14
Layne it means he doesn't have to act he just is himself (boring)

Layne
08-05-2005, 10:14
Ok thanks, well it explains alot!

Alisha
08-05-2005, 10:16
I was amazed Tracy-Ann lost Best Newcomer she has been amazing all year she was defo robbed after all her hard work I'm tempted not to bother watching it what with Shane Richie and no award for Tracy-Ann its a travisty

Me too- that one was deserved.

It should have went to Tracey Ann!

Alisha
08-05-2005, 10:16
Layne it means he doesn't have to act he just is himself (boring)

yep, that's it :lol:

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:19
I'm sorry nothing against him I just haven't liked Alfie this year at all especially his romance with Little Mo there were other actors even if I admit it myself from other soaps who deserved it alot more than he did

Layne
08-05-2005, 10:24
I'm sorry nothing against him I just haven't liked Alfie this year at all especially his romance with Little Mo there were other actors even if I admit it myself from other soaps who deserved it alot more than he didTotally agree babes!

Behemoth
08-05-2005, 10:27
Janine with best exit?! All she did was get driven off in a police car!

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:27
Still very upset about Tracy Ann though *sniffs loudly*

Layne
08-05-2005, 10:36
Still very upset about Tracy Ann though *sniffs loudly*
Extremely Upset about that!!!! :crying:

Rach33
08-05-2005, 10:43
It was the biggest travisity of the night (heartbroken) especially as she wasn't nominated for Best Actress which she should have been as well

With Shane Richie winning best actor which should have been won by Nigel in his lovely pink shirt

Sexiest Male well couldn't agree more yummmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee

true.moon
08-05-2005, 10:54
do you know who won best soap?

Rach33
08-05-2005, 11:03
Corrie

true.moon
08-05-2005, 11:04
oh no they dont deserve it

Rach33
08-05-2005, 11:07
Tell me about it I can't stand it myself

true.moon
08-05-2005, 11:08
ee have tried so hard this year
corrie bores me to death, its full of old people talking about rubbish!!
(not affending old people just their characters)

Behemoth
08-05-2005, 11:09
Eastenders didnt exactly deserve to win!

Rach33
08-05-2005, 11:12
If i'm honest I agree out of all the soaps despite my loyalty to EE i would have liked Emmerdale or Family Affairs to win Both have been outstanding this year

true.moon
08-05-2005, 11:14
just like me i have been glued to emmerdale this year!!!

08-05-2005, 11:27
If tracey didn't win best newcomer (which i thourghly dis-appointed about :angry: Who did......?

Rach33
08-05-2005, 11:29
Andrea Green Plays Sarah Finch (I think) In Doctors

Alisha
08-05-2005, 11:31
As much as I love ee I feel it was quite inevitable that they didn't win best soap as the past year hasn't been thier finest, despite showing improvement over the past 3 months. Lets hope they can work harder to getting it next year...still love it though.

08-05-2005, 11:33
I don't like doctors, although, i shouldn't knock till i've tried it really should i? I've only seen like....3 episodes!

Rach33
08-05-2005, 11:34
Full list of winners is on the Digital Spy website as well

callummc
08-05-2005, 12:32
its swings and roundabouts,ee won 1 award they didn't deserve ie shane ritchie,he probably voted for himself about a thousand times,june brown well deserved hers,i think they were cheated out of a few they did deserve,but not best soap i knew they wouldn't win that,the reason being people in general vote for which soap they think is best in the weeks leading up tp the vote,and ee as not been that clever since christmas day,allright its bucked up a bit now but most peoples votes were already cast

?????
08-05-2005, 21:07
how on earth did Richie' won 'best actor'!!!!

i swear if his head gets any bigger it will explode. your right, he proberly did vote for himself, coz he does think he is Gods gift to mankind.
people who voted for him should be ashamed of yourself, if you think this man can ACT then you need proffesional help! the man has done nothing in the past year other than wonder around like a chicken and gaze stupidly at,lil Mo. he comes on set being himself (SHANE RICHIE) and laughs at his own jokes. = terrific actin= I THINK NOT. i can honestly say with a hand on my heart that i hate this man with a passion!

Alisha
08-05-2005, 23:37

the man has done nothing in the past year other than wonder around like a chicken and gaze stupidly at,lil Mo. he comes on set being himself (SHANE RICHIE) and laughs at his own jokes. = terrific actin= I THINK NOT. i can honestly say with a hand on my heart that i hate this man with a passion!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well said. I so agree with you.

He has been one of the worst over the past year and that's me being nice.

true.moon
09-05-2005, 07:55

i swear if his head gets any bigger it will explode. your right, he proberly did vote for himself, coz he does think he is Gods gift to mankind.
people who voted for him should be ashamed of yourself, if you think this man can ACT then you need proffesional help! the man has done nothing in the past year other than wonder around like a chicken and gaze stupidly at,lil Mo. he comes on set being himself (SHANE RICHIE) and laughs at his own jokes. = terrific actin= I THINK NOT. i can honestly say with a hand on my heart that i hate this man with a passion!
i totally agree with you there. he is terrible and the little mo storyline drives me mad :angry: :wall:

kelly05
09-05-2005, 19:46

You Go Girl!!!!! Did he really deserve all of that? :lol:

PinkFairy
09-05-2005, 20:54
Yes!!!!!!!!!! Nigel IS the sexiest man! Sorry, I had to get that out! My mum said that Shane had won and I was getting all upset. But I think he did deserve the best actor, I think he brings a lot to the soap.

Chantelle
09-05-2005, 22:05
I think shanes award was well deserved...but hey im biased! If im honest, i dont rate nigels acting, think he is very wooden at times and dont like the character all that much he just bores me. Saying that i hate this molfie storyline at the mo with a passion!

Alisha
09-05-2005, 22:54
I think shanes award was well deserved...but hey im biased! If im honest, i dont rate nigels acting, think he is very wooden at times !

Each to their own but he has had a much better year than overrated Shane. The strength of his scenes with Den in the Vic were outstanding as was his two hander with Sharon when he confessed murder. His character has evolved a great deal too. Shane has done nothing but crack jokes and try to do emotion once or twice. He plays himself really. There is no comparison between Shane and Alfie. The absence of Jessie has highlighted his weakness.

I'm sorry but I don’t at all think he deserved a nomination, let alone win. Its not because I think Nigel is better in the acting stakes but I genuinely believe that Shane has been one of the worst over the year. I did vote him in his first year though but not after that. Even Perry winning over him would have pleased me but Shane....

Claire
09-05-2005, 22:56
I feel that both Tracy and Nigel were robbed :angry:

Layne
10-05-2005, 16:11
I feel that both Tracy and Nigel were robbed :angry:
Yeh they were!

Rach33
11-05-2005, 13:05
Well deserved it wasn't NIGEL and TRACY-ANN were ROBBED I tell you ROBBED

di marco
15-05-2005, 07:22
I think shanes award was well deserved...but hey im biased!

i really think that he has been dreadful this year and although before i would have said that he was fairly good, this year he has been disgraceful. but everyones entitled to their own opinion

If im honest, i dont rate nigels acting, think he is very wooden at times

in some ways i agree with you here. i love the character of dennis and although, as other people have said, nigel harman can be absolutely fantastic in the way he plays dennis, sometimes i do feel that his acting does lack emotion and, as you said, he can be a bit wooden at times. dont get me wrong, he can come up with some brilliant acting but other times its really not that good

Rach33
15-05-2005, 20:37
I disagree Nigel has been brilliantly consistent thoroughout the year especailly during his scenes with Den in April and his final goodbye to Sharon on Chrisitmas day and the look on his face when he caught his dad in bed with his 'pregnant' girlfriend

Dennis may lack emotion on scene but that ties in with his character as years of neglect and abuse have led him to sometimes become shut down and I feel he shows this well

As for Shane Richie his worst year yet with rubbish storylines such as the Kat sleeping with that random bloke and the Little Mo stuff Bettie Pauline's dog has done better