PDA

View Full Version : Existentialism

Bryan
19-09-2006, 22:08
Learnt about this today, and boy does it sum up what I've been thinking all my life, it's as tough I've discoverd an entire philosphy that agrees with my beliefs.

What are your opinions on it? Do you agree/disagree with it?

For those that dont know it's about why we exist? You're gonna die, so why be born? What's the point of life? Life is pointless, living is meaningles... that's what Existentialism is all about.

Jojo
20-09-2006, 10:39
Never heard of it!! Why live - so we can experience life and I believe your soul never dies and think there is definitely a point to life - if you believed there was no point to life, then why have children and create new ones..?

Siobhan
20-09-2006, 10:52
I am with you on this one Em.. there has to be something more.. Live is for experiencing, growing and learning.. Like you said, what is the point of procreation if there is no point to life...

If you don't believe there is a point to life, why live it???

Meh
20-09-2006, 15:57
Good old Nietzsche eh? Existentialism is the athiests bible as far as I'm concerned. The body-soul connection is eliminated, it gives the individiual too much power, is selfish and destroys concepts of compassion and responsibility.

Not really my cup of tea to be honest

alkalinetrio
20-09-2006, 16:41
i dont think there is a meaning to life i just think we are is cause we just are simple as that! well thats my belief

Abbie
20-09-2006, 16:50
I confused with this, if i agree what am i agreeing too lol, sorry i get what it means but if a i agree what dies then mean?