PDA

View Full Version : Spam Emails

Jojo
18-09-2006, 15:27
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop spam?? Even when I click on spam on the emails, they still get delivered to my inbox. I never used to get any, never opened any, and now I am getting about 20 spam e-mails a day which as you can imagine is extremely annoying. Is there anyway at all possible to stop them??

Siobhan
18-09-2006, 15:35
I have no idea.. I get loads too, even on my work address even when I have rules set up to delete spam they still get through

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-09-2006, 16:13
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop spam?? Even when I click on spam on the emails, they still get delivered to my inbox. I never used to get any, never opened any, and now I am getting about 20 spam e-mails a day which as you can imagine is extremely annoying. Is there anyway at all possible to stop them??

Is this on hotmail or on the email address your ISP gives you?

Jojo
18-09-2006, 16:18
I'm having the problems with my yahoo address (the one I give out)

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-09-2006, 16:27
I'm having the problems with my yahoo address (the one I give out)

There is a way to do it, ive done it before but i havent used Yahoo in yonks so ill fiddle with it and get back to you :)

alan45
18-09-2006, 18:36
I'm having the problems with my yahoo address (the one I give out) I have noticed a big increase in spam in my yahoo account too. Report them all to yahoo. NEVER reply to them

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-09-2006, 19:27
Have the pair of you got your spamguards turned on??

alan45
18-09-2006, 19:42
Have the pair of you got your spamguards turned on?? Yes most of the crap gets sent to the Bulk folder i have adjusted the settings now so as the Bulk stuff gets automatically deleted now.

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-09-2006, 19:57
Yes most of the crap gets sent to the Bulk folder i have adjusted the settings now so as the Bulk stuff gets automatically deleted now.

Hopefully that will stop it, but if it doesnt let me know and ill keep trying to work out how i my spam stuff

Jojo
18-09-2006, 20:06
My spamguard is turned on, always has been. I've never replied to any of them, never even opened them (even closed my preview pane in order to prevent the sender seeing that the account is an active one) but to no avail. Some go to the spam box, but the majority, even with the same subject heading, end up in my inbox and its highly annoying...

Tori
18-09-2006, 21:05
We suddenly got loads a bit ago, there was a problem with the server at McAfee so i don't know if it could be related to yours- there's a problem with the server at yahoo? Get in touch with them and ask :)

Jojo
19-09-2006, 08:44
I'll try that - thanks Vikki - it will be interesting to see if they reply....

Meh
19-09-2006, 10:28
Not much you can do except maybe see if yahoo give you a spam filter?

I use GMail and they have a very good spam filter. Let me know if you want an account and I can send you an invite