PDA

View Full Version : Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Jojo
18-09-2006, 12:25
I love this just for the plain entertainment value on a Saturday night.

Liking the new introduction of the Jiggy Bank (lol) and watching Ant and Dec abseil down the side of the studio this weekend was brilliant. Ant was visibly petrified, Dec was shaking, but go Dec for winning!! :cheer:

It may be daft, and it may be silly, but its easy to watch and have a laugh at on a Saturday night if you're stuck indoors for the night.

Siobhan
18-09-2006, 12:34
I really enjoyed it too.. I got my double doss of sillyness on a saturday night with X factor and Ant & Dec.. Had to laugh at the look on their faces when they absailed down the building... Excellent start to the show

Jojo
18-09-2006, 12:53
Chico trying to hook the ducks upside down was pretty funny too - at least he didn't sing mind!! :rotfl:

pookie1968uk
18-09-2006, 14:26
i really love this show and loved the new bit where fern and philip had to race ant and dec. it was so funny! after a few series this is no where near going stale and still seems as fresh as ever!

Jojo
18-09-2006, 14:32
Oh no! I missed the Fern and Philip bit - I think I was doing the dishes...

This could go on for many more series and like you said Pookie, you can always rely on the comedy element (like the embarrassing moment from the woman who could win the ads lol)

Siobhan
18-09-2006, 14:37
would you have gambled?? remember all she seen was a weekend break.. Me I would have said thank you and not gambled.. a weekend break is more than I went into the place with

Jojo
18-09-2006, 14:40
I think I may have been greedy and gambled. Plus, I would end up taking the weekend break on my own as hubby wouldn't dare go away for that long (we were going to go on hols this year, but could only go an hour away in case he got called in :rolleyes: )

Siobhan
18-09-2006, 14:44
take a friend and leave him at home to work...
I have never seen anyone lose and the look on that woman's face was priceless.. (to make me laugh more, Ant and Dec didn't really show that they were sorry, they looked as if they wanted to laugh)

pookie1968uk
18-09-2006, 14:44
the new car race is really funny. ant and dec raced in a dual controlled limo and fern and philip in a dual controlled capri towing a caravan. they have to do something like an obstacle course and they get timed to see who is the quickest! also with it being dual controlled one of the duo is steering and one has the accelerator! very funny! make sure you dont miss it next time, the dishes can wait!! lol!!

Jojo
18-09-2006, 14:51
the new car race is really funny. ant and dec raced in a dual controlled limo and fern and philip in a dual controlled capri towing a caravan. they have to do something like an obstacle course and they get timed to see who is the quickest! also with it being dual controlled one of the duo is steering and one has the accelerator! very funny! make sure you dont miss it next time, the dishes can wait!! lol!! Ohhhh I think I heard about this in the papers (or my tv mag, one of the two) It looked hilarious! Darn! Dishes will definitely wait, or I'll make hubby do them lol

take a friend and leave him at home to work...
I have never seen anyone lose and the look on that woman's face was priceless.. (to make me laugh more, Ant and Dec didn't really show that they were sorry, they looked as if they wanted to laugh)lol - now theres an idea!!!

They didn't seem to be bothered did they....She didn't really think about the question though at all, and in the past, if someones given the wrong answer, they've gone, is that your final answer - are you sure etc, but they just went - aww its the wrong answer this time.

Siobhan
18-09-2006, 15:10
They didn't seem to be bothered did they....She didn't really think about the question though at all, and in the past, if someones given the wrong answer, they've gone, is that your final answer - are you sure etc, but they just went - aww its the wrong answer this time.

Ok, I didn't know the answer but come on.. can any see Pamela Anderson read a book let alone write one??

Jojo
18-09-2006, 15:19
Ok, I didn't know the answer but come on.. can any see Pamela Anderson read a book let alone write one?? :rotfl: How true is that!

The only reason I knew it was Hasselhoff was because Heat magazine had featured an article stating about how he was on the look out for an English woman, dressed in a power suit and wearing glasses as he had decided that would be his ideal woman (!) and alongside that it had said that he was over here promoting his book. Shes too busy honeymooning again too isn't she, to have been able to have even considered asking someone to write a book for her....:D

true.moon
18-09-2006, 15:59
I love this show! think it's great made my saturday. Lol loved the car bit and the jiggy bank :thumbsup:

tammyy2j
28-09-2006, 10:17
Is Little Ant and Dec and the wind up of celebs gone i didn't see them in the first episode of the new series?

Siobhan
28-09-2006, 10:19
Is Little Ant and Dec and the wind up of celebs gone i didn't see them in the first episode of the new series?

No.. little ant and dec are doing the jiggy bank and not talking to celebs anymore

Bryan
28-09-2006, 10:58
I personally can't stand this show (i'm probably the only person in the country tough! :rotfl: ) I dislike the pair considerably, they are just so cheesy and make my skin crawl, it's annoying how they are on soooo many shows, so if it's someone who you dont like it gets annoying, but obviously for those that love the pair (i dont see the attraction personally) it must be amazing, but nah...dont do much for me... only good thing about the show is Kirsty Gallagher :D

Jessie Wallace
28-09-2006, 11:04
I personally can't stand this show (i'm probably the only person in the country tough! :rotfl: ) I dislike the pair considerably, they are just so cheesy and make my skin crawl, it's annoying how they are on soooo many shows, so if it's someone who you dont like it gets annoying, but obviously for those that love the pair (i dont see the attraction personally) it must be amazing, but nah...dont do much for me... only good thing about the show is Kirsty Gallagher :D

Yet he watches the show, to know that Kirsty is on it! :lol:

Little Ant and Dec are hardly on it now, the show seems to be longer, but with less actual content:searchme: Still like it tho.

Bryan
28-09-2006, 11:11
Yet he watches the show, to know that Kirsty is on it! :lol:

Little Ant and Dec are hardly on it now, the show seems to be longer, but with less actual content:searchme: Still like it tho.

when it comes to the National Lottery or Ant and Dec i choose them, dont mean I enjoy it tough, there a few good points: Little Ant and Dec, The Music and of course Kirsty :D , but the boys dont sell the show for me :thumbsdow

kels257
28-09-2006, 12:32
I love Ant and Dec I think they are so funny together and entertaining.

The shows have been great up till now, the sumo wrestling on Saturday was hilarious. Come on Ant I really hope he wins the battle this year :thumbsup:

Abigail
12-02-2008, 22:53
Saturday 16th February on ITV 1 from 8:15pm to 9:30pm
New series. Hollywood A-lister Will Ferrell is in the voiceover box as the Geordie duo return with their entertainment show. New game The Mouse Trap sees one member of the public collecting cheese in a bid to win a big cash prize, and there's also the lads' weekly challenge, but this time with a twist - Ant v Dec: The Teams sees the pair each joined by five celebrities who work alongside them. Plus, Grab the Ads, in which a member of the studio audience and viewers at home have the chance to win the contents of last week's TV commercials

Yay, they're back :cheer:

Abbie
12-02-2008, 22:54
Whoooo I love these 2, and the adverts look good :thumbsup:

Siobhan
13-02-2008, 10:45
was this not on for the last 2 weeks??? I am sure I have seen them

Abigail
13-02-2008, 11:56
I don't think so. The trailer that I saw on ITV the other day said the new series starts this week.

Siobhan
13-02-2008, 11:59
I don't think so. The trailer that I saw on ITV the other day said the new series starts this week.

ah now I know what it was.. they repeated some show on Irish TV for the past two weeks.

Perdita
13-02-2008, 11:59
Yep, starts this weekend, can't wait, love the two, even if they were involved in the rip-off controversy. :cheer:

Abigail
13-02-2008, 12:05
They're donating all profits from this series to charity. In an interview after it came out about the phone fixing they both said they would donate all profits from this series to make it up to fans.

Perdita
13-02-2008, 12:10
They're donating all profits from this series to charity. In an interview after it came out about the phone fixing they both said they would donate all profits from this series to make it up to fans.
Well done to Ant and Dec for this.

Abigail
13-02-2008, 12:12
I don't think any other tv hosts/shows that were involved in the phone fixing have donated their profits. They are both brilliant presenters and deserve every one of their twenty-odd awards that they have won.

If only Dec was still single...

Siobhan
13-02-2008, 12:33

I thought he was.. Ant is the married one right???

Abbie
13-02-2008, 12:42

I thought he was.. Ant is the married one right???

lol Ant is the married one, I think Dec is still with his girlfriend?

Abigail
13-02-2008, 13:23
Dec is dating a new girl :(

*funky*monkey*
17-02-2008, 17:44
Great Show Last Night :thumbsup: Love the new game mouse trap :p

Abigail
17-02-2008, 17:52
Brilliant way to start the new series. Ant and Dec, same old guys :D

I like mousetrap, its much better than Jiggybank. I didn't get to see Ant versus Dec, might have to youtube it.

tammyy2j
24-03-2013, 19:39
From new series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jak-7LsxHhU

tammyy2j
24-03-2013, 19:39

tammyy2j
30-03-2013, 21:47
Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway has been renewed by ITV.

The network confirmed that the popular series will return next year via its Twitter account, posting: "ITV today announces the recommission of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway for 2014.

tammyy2j
30-03-2013, 21:47
Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway has been renewed by ITV.

The network confirmed that the popular series will return next year via its Twitter account, posting: "ITV today announces the recommission of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway for 2014.