PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

pookie1968uk
16-09-2006, 16:44
Are any of you planning to get it?
are you disappointed it now wont be available till march 07?
i have just looked at its price on a website and you can pre order it for next march for £549!
is this too expensive?

lollymay
16-09-2006, 22:28
i wont be getting it yet - give it 6 months and it will go right down in price - ill get it then!!!

alkalinetrio
17-09-2006, 12:45
im deffinatly getting it i was realy anoyed when it got put back i really cant wait for it tho

Behemoth
17-09-2006, 13:13
I'm getting a Nintendo Wii on 8th December!! It's only about £179; much cheaper than the PS3 - £549 is ridiculous.

Chris_2k11
17-09-2006, 17:12
£549 :eek: I haven't even got 549 pence to my name at the minute!

DaVeyWaVey
17-09-2006, 17:53
Nope...i will sticking to my Playstation 2, even if the PS3 does go down in price, i still won't be getting it. £549 is way too expensive! I can imagine people waiting a while for it to go down in price...

alkalinetrio
17-09-2006, 19:12
going to have a wireless controller which will be good :D cudnt really say its expensive depends how much it cost to build and what stuff you get with it! but from what ive seen i cant wait

Trinity
18-09-2006, 08:39
going to have a wireless controller which will be good :D cudnt really say its expensive depends how much it cost to build and what stuff you get with it! but from what ive seen i cant wait

My kids xbox 360 looks really cheap compared to this, lol. It also has wireless controllers and they love the xbox live option - they can play with friends or their uncle who lives at the other side of the country.

Jojo
18-09-2006, 10:04
£549!!!! OMG! That is a ridiculous price. Who exactly is supposed to be able to afford that?! Its not exactly Christmas or birthday present price is it?! Talk about putting parents under even more pressure when their kids are wanting this - I for one won't be buying it, even if my sons begged and pleaded for it. Laptops are cheaper than that!

alkalinetrio
18-09-2006, 14:13
xbox 360 never really liked the x box but i love playing other people at halo load of mates round its awesome and i love that game ninety nine nights or wotever its called! i cant wait for the playstation 3 going to have some awesome games

Jojo
22-09-2006, 15:27
Sony is to cut the Japanese cost of its forthcoming PlayStation 3 console by 20%, the consumer electronics giant announced in Tokyo on Friday.

The price cut is aimed at boosting the launch of the machine and making it more competitive with the Xbox 360.

The price for the North American and European launch will stay the same.

The surprise move will see the 20 gigabyte version of the PS3 sell for 49,980 yen ($430) when it goes on sale on 11 November in Japan.

No changes to the price of the higher end model - 60GB version - or European and US prices were announced.

Sony has previously been criticised by the gaming community for the high cost of the new console. The lack of an announced price cut for the US and Europe markets may also raise some gamers' ire.

In the US, the system with a 20GB hard drive will cost $499, while a model with a 60GB drive will cost $599. European pricing is 499 and 599 euros respectively.

The new Japanese price puts the console in the same range as the basic Xbox 360 machine combined with an add-on HD-DVD player, which cost 49,600 yen together.

Sony hopes the price cut will deflect criticism after a series of delays to the PlayStation 3 console, concerns about price and apathy from some gamers about the capabilities of the machine.

When the new console is released in November it will compete with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii.

Nintendo's new console will cost 25,000 yen or lower in Japan and $250 (£133) or less in the US, while Microsoft's Xbox 360, which went on sale last November, starts at $299 in the US and £209 in the UK.

PlaySatation boss Ken Kutaragi, speaking on the opening day of the Tokyo Game Show, also said that all 20GB consoles would come complete with an HDMI connection, important for playing high definition graphics.

Previously, Sony had said that only the top end 60GB model would come with the connector.

He said that it had now become apparent that there was a need for the high definition capability.

Mr Kutaragi also took the opportunity to apologise to games developers for delays in the release of the PS3.

The new console was originally scheduled for launch in Spring 2006, but technical hitches postponed the worldwide release until November this year.

Earlier this month, Sony was also forced to announce that European gamers would have to wait until 2007 to get their hands on the next generation console after delays in production.

Japanese gamers will be able to buy the console from 11 November. More than 200 of the consoles are on display at TGS.

"What is important is that we get more consoles sold to make up for the price cut and get more game makers and chip makers in our camp," Mr Kutaragi said at the conference.

He said the company's focus was now on ensuring that no further delays occur.

The announcements were made in a question and answer session following Mr Kutaragi's keynote speech at the opening of TGS.

The speech, titled Next Generation Entertainment created by the PS3 was almost devoid of any announcement about the new console.

Instead, Mr Kutaragi took the opportunity to outline his vision for a future of networked gaming and game development.

He told the audience that game developers need to innovate and be prepared for a new generation of networked gaming in the future.

He told the games industry that advances in computer hardware and internet services could change the way games are made.

Gamers' content

Content generated by gamers, such as digital photos and video, could be harnessed by game makers, he said.

In addition, data such as digital maps of the real world and blueprints of new cars could be used to make more realistic and cheaper games, he said.

"You might think this is a long way off, but it is not," he said. "If the data is available, we can utilise it."

The Tokyo Game Show takes place from 22 to 24 September at Makuhari Messe conference centre in Chiba near Tokyo.

Katy
22-09-2006, 15:40
no one will pay that much so they had to drop the price realistically. Ill stick tp my psp and X box though.

alkalinetrio
22-09-2006, 19:16
your be suprised how many people wud buy it lol im deffaintly geting it when it comes out cant wait

chance
31-12-2006, 16:43
I bought my son the ps3 for xmas,i had it imported from hong kong,has english plug opn it and everything so there was no messing about.plays all ps2 games that he already has and bought some ps3 games with it too.Also bought another one to sell this end and make a bit of profit on it.
I paid £500 for each one.It is 60gb.worth the money its brill.
Also bought the wii,thats wicked as well!

Jojo
31-12-2006, 23:06
You must be mad paying £500 for it!! :D

I'm more than happy to wait for 6 months or so till the price comes down - that or buy a wii :D I've heard the wii's are better though

Jessie Wallace
31-12-2006, 23:18
I'll get a wii, but i to am going to wait a little while for price's to come down. The Wii seems much better than the ps3.

chance
01-01-2007, 09:44
You must be mad paying £500 for it!! :D

I'm more than happy to wait for 6 months or so till the price comes down - that or buy a wii :D I've heard the wii's are better though
i bought both,but i must admit i enjoy plying the wii more.It was worth just seeing his face on xmas day.

Debs
02-01-2007, 23:52
I bought my son the ps3 for xmas,i had it imported from hong kong,has english plug opn it and everything so there was no messing about.plays all ps2 games that he already has and bought some ps3 games with it too.Also bought another one to sell this end and make a bit of profit on it.

Blimey and it hought i sent a load on connor! :eek:

i want a wii

Jojo
02-01-2007, 23:58

Blimey and it hought i sent a load on connor! :eek:

i want a wii

Best run to the loo quick then eh hun!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ohhhhh, a Nintendo Wii.....I want one of them too - once the prices have come down a bit, which they will.

Debs
03-01-2007, 00:02

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: What are you like!!!! :rotfl:

Ohhhhh, a Nintendo Wii.....I want one of them too - once the prices have come down a bit, which they will.

Yeah ill make do with my playstation 2 and eye toy for a while!

Jojo
03-01-2007, 00:11

:rotfl: :rotfl: What are you like!!!! :rotfl:

Lovely :D :D

We got Lemmings for Xmas - i'm trying to get an eye toy now, as you can interact with the Lemmings with it lol

Does anyone think realistically the PS3 will come down in price at all over the next few months - by major amounts this is, not to like £400 instead of £500 or whatever?

Debs
03-01-2007, 00:19

:rotfl: :rotfl: What are you like!!!! :rotfl:

Lovely :D :D

We got Lemmings for Xmas - i'm trying to get an eye toy now, as you can interact with the Lemmings with it lol

Does anyone think realistically the PS3 will come down in price at all over the next few months - by major amounts this is, not to like £400 instead of £500 or whatever?

I love eye toy! i love the boxing one. I get to take all my aggression out on it! i pretend its people mostly family LOL

alkalinetrio
12-02-2007, 21:07
i put down my deposit the other day and i shud be getting mine between 2 or 3 weeks after release and i can not wait i love my playstations going to be awesome im so excited that i dont want to stop typeing about it but i must lol

Xx-Vicky-xX
07-03-2007, 18:14
I wanted a PS3 - that was until i saw the games for it - what is it with Sony having all the boyish games for their consoles like football and fighting etc - i can only truely say there are two games for the PS2 that i like and they are a gaming series and when the 3rd one to the series comes out it looks like its going to be nothing like the first two so i wont enjoy that either and PS3 doesnt look like its going to be any better for us girls who like to play games either

alkalinetrio
07-03-2007, 18:37
they might have dance mat:P thats a girls game lol nah im messing thinking about it tho what is a girls game? like what type of games you like?

Xx-Vicky-xX
07-03-2007, 19:50
Im into platform/adventure games - the game series i mentioned before was Kingdom Hearts - now while that is an RPG and alot like Final Fantasy it is very cartoony and is like an adventure game - im not into football games and Fighting games - i rented Final Fantasy 12 the other day - thought i might liike it because of Kingdom Hearts but i thin im more into the Disney/cartoon/adventure side of it more than the fights

Kim
07-03-2007, 21:48
I think most girls are to be honest - that or singstar/ dancing so they'd need something a bit different in order to make people buy another version of a singing game, considering they've already got many hooked on buying all of the discs in that series for ps2, and I don't see how they could add extras onto ps3 ones, unless people would buy it just for the graphics.

I think that all the game manufacturers assume that girls are into hair straightners and make-up.

willow
08-03-2007, 09:22
we have ordered ours!!! really looking forward to it!!!!

Xx-Vicky-xX
08-03-2007, 11:21
I think that all the game manufacturers assume that girls are into hair straightners and make-up.

I agree and it really annoys me because im not much of a girl at all im more into games and stuff just not the fighting/sport games they have for ps2 and will be bringing out for ps3, ps1 had some great games for girls but when ps2 came out they made loads of boyish games.

alkalinetrio
08-03-2007, 17:38
yeah i think its cause they think its mainly boys who play there consoles my bird stop nagging me when im on it hey how can i help it if i get addictied to resident evil she hates me playing ff12 cause i get into it loads and if ur going to get a rpg game get suikoden that is the ultimate rpg lol wow someone else is getting one did they say when you mite get urs? mine said about 2 to 3 weeks after wooo

Xx-Vicky-xX
08-03-2007, 19:27
Yeah i agree mainly boys play it but i think they should think about the girls who do like consoles

alkalinetrio
08-03-2007, 19:35
ive noticed in recent years more and more girls like playing games now not just a boy thing but dont think theyve caught on to it yet maybe we shud make our own games lol im telling you now its hard i once tried to do a rpg it took me 2 weeks to do 10 mins of a game lol

Xx-Vicky-xX
08-03-2007, 20:05
Yeah if they did some games girls might like i would consider spending money on a PS3 but if its just going to be fighting games then ill stick with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 for my PS2

Kim
08-03-2007, 22:50

I agree and it really annoys me because im not much of a girl at all im more into games and stuff just not the fighting/sport games they have for ps2 and will be bringing out for ps3, ps1 had some great games for girls but when ps2 came out they made loads of boyish games.

Yeah, it's almost as if they bought the ps1 out as a trial, with the intention to make an improvement and bring that out. I don't know how much ps1 costed when it was first out, but ps2 was up at around £400 when my cousin wanted one, and it was like they were aiming for boys there as I don't think that girls would be willing to pay anything that high.

Jojo
09-03-2007, 11:30
I don't think the price of it makes any difference between whether boys or girls want it. If you want one that bad, you'll pay the money for it, plain and simple. Me personally, have far more pressing things to be spending the £400 odd or what ever ridiculous price it is on.

Katy
09-03-2007, 14:14
450 i think it was advirtised in Blockbusters for. I well cant afford that, plus im happy with my Xbox and PSP i dont need another one.

alkalinetrio
09-03-2007, 17:37
cant wait to get mine cant stop thinking about it im a big gamer when it comes to ps2:P im so glad im young so i can afford it cause have to pay no bills wooo

alkalinetrio
23-03-2007, 19:25
wey i finaly got my playstation 3 and brought resistance the fall of man and i love it got to go back tho to get my free blue ray dvd:D

Kim
24-03-2007, 15:23
It doesn't seem that popular round here at the moment. Only one boy in my Geography class wants one, and there's mostly boys in the class, plus there's already been reports of someone being mugged for one; luckily they got it back though.

willow
24-03-2007, 17:27
wow!! the ps3 is fab, other half and kids are sat playing it! totally out of my way!!! fantastic!!!!

alkalinetrio
25-03-2007, 19:25
hahaha i want to get online to play a weird game i can download from net for it 4 little weird looking things getting from begining to end with weird stuff its hard to explain but looks fun not usualy my type of game but looks fun lol yeah just before i went in some bloke came out with hes ps3 and got a hammer out of hes pocket incase someone trys mugging him lol

megan999
05-07-2007, 13:15
When there's a significant price drop, and it can play all of my existing PS2 games, then I'll be getting one :D

I'm really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 4, and Devil May Cry 4 :cool: