PDA

View Full Version : Fine to little???

Siobhan
15-09-2006, 14:56
This is all over the irish paper today:

Alberto Rizzini of Port Loman, Mullingar, and Tommie Gorman of Milltown Pass, Co Westmeath were both fined €2,000 after being caught driving at speeds of up to 200km/h.

Not only were they caught but they had a video tape of the race... Should they have been banned or fined more???

Personally they should have been banned from driving for life, they put people in danger and risked their own lives too. Plus is was done for fun or they would never have taped it

Luna
15-09-2006, 15:01
banned no doubt - i take it the laws are different but here if your caught over 100mph here its an automatic ban!!!!!

Katy
15-09-2006, 15:11
yeah i think the fine should be the same maybe more of a ban.

Ireland do have odd speed limits though. Like 100 kph on a little road wheres theres a school.

Siobhan
15-09-2006, 15:17
banned no doubt - i take it the laws are different but here if your caught over 100mph here its an automatic ban!!!!!

no it is the same here... there is going to be a massive inquiry into this and why the Garda/judge let them off lightly

Katy
15-09-2006, 15:56
Were they driving in Mullingar, if there were theres not many places that its physically possible to go that fast.

I think it should definalty be a lot harder even harder than normal as that may work as a detterrent. I dont know, The gardai do make so odd decisions.

Abi
15-09-2006, 15:56
That should be a ban, no doubt about it! Especially seeing as they've got videos of it. Was there any reason as to why it was so leaniant?!

Chloe O'brien
15-09-2006, 21:39
They should have been banned for life and made an example.