PDA

View Full Version : Strictly come dancing official people

samantha nixon
13-09-2006, 16:29
Officially announced today (Wednesday 13 September) and stepping up to the challenge this year are:
For the women
Emma Bunton (singer)
Georgina Bouzova (actress)
Claire King (actress)
Louisa Lytton (actress)
Mica Paris (songstress and TV presenter)
Jan Ravens (comedy actress)
Carol Smillie (TV presenter)

For the men
Matt Dawson (World Champion rugby player)
Ray Fearon (actor)
Nicholas Owen (newsreader)
Mark Ramprakash (cricketer)
Peter Schmeichel (legendary former Manchester United goalkeeper)
Spoony (DJ)
Jimmy Tarbuck (comedian and entertainer)

theres some really good people on it this year so it looks really good

Skits
13-09-2006, 16:50
i recognise most of the womens names but i've already decided i'm going to be cheering on peter schmichael. he's so big and arkward, how will he manage. i'd also like to see either claire king or georgina bouzova doing well but not that louisa lytton. she does my head in.

samantha nixon
13-09-2006, 17:05
id like claire to do well aswell but i like georgina and louisa aswell

Katy
13-09-2006, 17:14
Peter Schmeichal former Manchester united and CITY Goalkeeper, may i add. It was the blue side where he ended his career.

Id like to see that wally Matt Dawson Dance and have no referee he can complain to. Theres quite alot of actresses isnt ther.

x Amby x
13-09-2006, 17:52
I think that Louisa Lytton and Matt Dawson would do well! I love Matt Dawson hes well funny! especially on A Question of Sport

lollymay
13-09-2006, 18:13
sounds like a good line up this year!

Abbie
13-09-2006, 18:38
cool, thanks for posting it sounds like it will be good this year.

LostVoodoo
13-09-2006, 18:43
wooo, thanx for putting that up- you've made my day! and hahahah Jimmy Tarbuck, how funny!

Jessie Wallace
13-09-2006, 19:16
Looks good this time round, i hope i get my tickets to be in the audience.

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2006, 21:40
I hope schemichael and matt dawson do really well, along with claire king but I think a lot of veiwers will vote for Louisa just because she is in eastenders.

no1abbafan
14-09-2006, 09:42
It's a sad state when a former spice girl has to do a reality show to keep her profile up, and it seems the norm now to leave a soap and do a show like this just so the public remember you.

Footie_Chick
14-09-2006, 09:51
Not a bad line up at all, some well known people here, hope Peter Schmeichel does well, David Seamen did well on dancing on ice so there is hope for the goalkeeper. Hope Georgina Bouzova does well, shes great in casualty.

Jojo
14-09-2006, 11:49
Lets hope Louisa goes out in the first round :D Her and Emma Bunton are going to be the first two I want out, as I can't stand either of them!!

Come on Matt Dawson!! (Remembers back to what Martin Offiah was like! :rotfl: )

baby oranges
14-09-2006, 12:32
wow, i had no idea there would be such a good line up this year. i think louisa and emma and georgina will be good. actually, they will prob all be good. i wonder which of the guys will surprise us this year?

i was going to say i can't imagine the rugby player will be too good, but then i remebered who won it last year. darren gough isn't exactly nimble is he? but he was actually a really good dancer

Chloe O'brien
17-09-2006, 23:00
ITV executives have banned Gabby Logan from taking part in Strictly Come Dancing.

The sports presenter had agreed to join the new series of the hit BBC show, but was forced to pull out at the last minute after her ITV bosses asked her to sign up for their own reality competition Dancing On Ice.

"She's been in floods of tears, apologising to the BBC for the late notice," a source told the Sunday Mirror. "ITV insisted she stars on their show even though she doesn't want to."

Producers had already spent tens of thousands of pounds on 20 sequinned ballgowns for Gabby's appearances on the show.

A BBC spokesman said: "It's a shame Gabby isn't able to take part, but we have a fantastic line-up of celebrities."

Jojo
18-09-2006, 00:02
So thats why Louise Lytton had to take part then...she was a replacement!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Only joking, but its a huge shame that ITV have enforced that on her. Surely she has a right to say no even if she still can't take part in SCD. Maybe she should "fall" during training and twist her ankle bad so she can't take part or something. That or I bet she'll win it if she does take part.

Abbie
18-09-2006, 16:09
aww its a shame she wont be in it, but at least we will get in see her in the ice dancing

LostVoodoo
19-09-2006, 10:41
do we know who's dancing with who yet?
i was just trying to matchpeople up in my head, i was like 'well Louisa is really small so she might have to go with Darren, is there a really tall woman who will have to go with Ian? oooh i hope Emma is with Brendan' etc gosh i'm so sad :lol:

Jojo
19-09-2006, 10:45
do we know who's dancing with who yet?
i was just trying to matchpeople up in my head, i was like 'well Louisa is really small so she might have to go with Darren, is there a really tall woman who will have to go with Ian? oooh i hope Emma is with Brendan' etc gosh i'm so sad :lol: lol - you aren't sad - I'm wondering the same thing. I think both Darren and Brendan will be paired up with people that are fairly good dancers and after they both won - neither have been matched up with anyone capable of winning.

I think Ian may have a slightly worse partner this year though, as he's had Denise Lewis and Zoe Ball, both with huge chances of winning, so this year could be the one for him to have a not so good dancing partner.

Jojo
19-09-2006, 14:48
In Heat magazine today its revealed that:

Emma Bunton partners Darren Bennett
Louisa Lytton partners Vincent Simone
Claire King partners Brendan Cole
and Ray Fearon partners Camillia Dallerup

Don't know the others yet, but looking good!

LostVoodoo
19-09-2006, 18:08
thanx jojmum, but i have just this second disovered that they've updated the BBC website for the show! LOOK (http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/)
peter schmeichel is with erin! or ray fearon with camilla, that's be good!
and yey, karen is back, she's so cool! but there seem to be a lot more new pros this year, or do i just not recognise some of them from the early knock-puts of previous series?

Jojo
20-09-2006, 10:35
There are definitely some new dancers in there.

Some different names too - like Mark Ramprakash (didn't think he was mentioned before - hoping to follow Darren Gough's lead by the seems of it lol) but brilliant to see Anton back!! SCD without Anton, just isn't SCD :lol:

LostVoodoo
20-09-2006, 11:08
brilliant to see Anton back!! SCD without Anton, just isn't SCD :lol:
hell yeah, he makes the show! and you've gotta have Brendon too, and i think he can go further this year. and Lalia is back too. is there anyone missing from the old gang who's absence sticks out that i've missed? oh, that one who dances with Will last year, what was her name? i don't think she's in. i suppose the ones who didn't go too far last time haven't stayed and that's why they need to get new ones in.

FROGGY
21-09-2006, 15:03
Don't live in the UK - who is Louisa Lytton? Has she been in anything on the Beeb that I might have seen?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-09-2006, 16:07
Don't live in the UK - who is Louisa Lytton? Has she been in anything on the Beeb that I might have seen?
She's in EastEnders as Ruby Allen? :)