PDA

View Full Version : complaint about teacher

chance
13-09-2006, 10:26
There is a teacher at my sons school who is well known as a bit of a bag,she has to be late 50's at a push..
Anyway,today as my son went into school she shouted at him to put his indoor shoes on,he said ok but then went on to put his bag on the peg,so she kind of blocked his way pushing him at the same time and shouted at him to change his shoes.I was unimpressed so told him to come back out where i was standing and said 'right we are going home'
On way home he said to me that when i wasnt looking (i was talking to another mum)she grabbed his arm and twisted him around. Iwas fuming so phoned up the school and told reception he isnt coming in today because of the teacher yelling at him and twisting his arm,making him cry.I told her to tell the head teacher!
10 mins later school phones up telling me the have told head and she is going to have a word with teacher today and shed like me to pop in and see her in the morning.
Soooo i have just gone and told my son this and asked him to just clarify what happened and hes told me that she yelled at him twice and pushed and blocked his way.i said to him what about the pulling and twisting your arm and he said i made that bit up!!
Anyway i have app to see head tomorrow,shal i just tell the truth and say my son made that bit up,cus at the end of the day she still blocked his path and shouted at him didnt she? That isnt right is it?

Also last week she did indeed grab my son friends arm and tel l him off for something,his mum didnt go to the head but told his teacher,nothing came off it though.Shal i ask his mu to ce with me in there and complain?

Shal i just forget the whole thing? Am i over reacting?

Jojo
13-09-2006, 10:43
I don't think you are overreacting. Get him to tell you everything that has happened to him with this teacher, and make a list of other parents that also have complaints about her. Take this list with you when you see the Head and make it clear that children being treated in this manner when they haven't had cause to isn't on. He probably made up the other bit because of the way she has been treating him (and from the sounds of it the other kids) and whilst it was wrong for him to make that up, tell the Head that thats the case.

Good luck and hope the Head listens to what is being said and the reasons why the arm grabbing was made up. But you should also point out that you are aware of this happening to another child and suggest that the Head speaks to that parent also.

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2006, 11:26
You aren't over-acciting chance. This teacher needs to be educated to understand that it is now unacceptable to push children and twist there arms. I would go to the school and speak to the head teacher explaining what your son told you and emphise that there are concerns from other parents regarding this teachers behaviour. Then it is up to the other parents to speak up if they have worries

Trinity
13-09-2006, 11:50
Chance, from what you say you actually witnessed enough unjustified shouted etc to make you take your child home.

You need to talk to the headteacher and follow through. When it comes to the arm twisting I would not mention it, as 1. you didn't witness it and 2. it isn't true. If the headteacher brings it up then say that it was another child that it happened to. There is no point in saying that one of the things your son said wasn't true - it would then throw doubt on everything else he said - and as you witnessed her behaviour then you knowi t is true.

Good luck

Pinkbanana
13-09-2006, 17:45
I do think you should go and see the head teacher and clarify the situation.

I'd be honest about your son saying he made up the part about her pulling and twisting his arm. That is a very serious allegation which will have to be investigated by the head. Thus if a witness says that the teacher in question didnt grab his arm then it discredits any other valid points you have to make against this teacher. Also no one deserves to have false allegations made against them.

Moreover, if this teacher has a bad reputation with other parents, you can bet she will have one amongst the other staff too. I talk from experience here, as a young teacher who has worked with a teacher who sounds very similar to the one you have encountered! Thus the head wont be blind to her true colours either.

I'd advise to make a complaint, but be really honest. The more people that complain the better.

Thankfully alot of these teachers, who seem at times, to have nothing but contempt for children, and an over inflated view of their own importance are retiring.

Good Luck :)

Katy
13-09-2006, 19:18
No your not overreacting as at the end of the day the teacher is in a position of trust and blocking his way is unacceptable behaviour towards a pupil. Id just wouldnt bring up the arm twisting either.

hope you get everything sorted.

Bryan
13-09-2006, 20:41
its shocking but there are teachers like that out there, if you let her get away with what she did to your son she might do something worse to another child or maybe even yours in the future

the only way to deal with teachers like this is complain about them to the head, theres not much more you can do, minus remove your child from school, and why should they be missing out on an education just for a bad teacher? every child is entitled to an education

let us all know what goes on, hope you get something sorted soon

chance
13-09-2006, 22:35
I phoned up the school reception and told them that my son made the arm twisting bit up as had witnessed it happen top his friend,but still clarified that i was very unhappy with the way she spoke to him,as you wouldnt speak to your dog like that and i was unimpressed,still seeing head in morning though.

Thankyou to all with your advice!!