PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch?

Luna
12-09-2006, 13:14
Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin's final moments were captured on camera. But should that film ever be broadcast to the watching public?

Bryan
12-09-2006, 13:15
simple answer: yes , he rqequested his death to be shown on tv, and he deserves his final request to be carried out.

Jojo
12-09-2006, 13:22
I personally don't know.

There are a lot of fors and againsts, but I don't think watching anyone die is a decision to be taken lightly. I don't honestly think I would want to though.

Luna
12-09-2006, 13:27
simple answer: yes , he rqequested his death to be shown on tv, and he deserves his final request to be carried out.

he only requested that his death be filmed not broadcast he never mentioned anything about that. In the end its going to be up to terri.

Jojo
12-09-2006, 13:29
Thats how I understood it too Lee - that he said that camera should keep rolling no matter what, but not that it should be necessarily broadcast. Like you said though, at the end of the day, once the tape is returned to Terri from the Queensland Police, its up to her.

Luna
12-09-2006, 13:30
I personally don't know.

There are a lot of fors and againsts, but I don't think watching anyone die is a decision to be taken lightly. I don't honestly think I would want to though.

i always thought id be able to watch something like this, that it would just be like watching tv. But then a girl i used to work with was showing my this website it had the beheading of ken (sorry cant remember his name) on it. before she watched that she showed me another video of a man being stabbed. Knowing this was for real and not just a tv show obviously made a huge difference. I almost passed out. so im not too sure about what id do about this being on tv.

Jojo
12-09-2006, 13:33
This is it - watching CSI etc, all well and good, its a tv show, not for real, yet watching something you know is real - its a totally different story for me.

Siobhan
12-09-2006, 13:42
I watched Tommy Cooper die on stage. I would watch this if it was shown, possible out of some weird fasination

Katy
12-09-2006, 13:48
I dont think i would personally want to watch it. I really dont like death.

Dr. Tangliss
12-09-2006, 14:06
I would watch it if Terri decided that's what he wanted, although I would probably would regret it afterwards.

Skits
12-09-2006, 16:40
i would watch it if steve's family had given their permission for it to be shown.

pookie1968uk
12-09-2006, 17:14
i dont really know either way. i think it would be easy to say no i would never watch it but then when these things are broadcast a morbid fascination takes over and you find yourself watching!

hazey
12-09-2006, 23:59
I would watch it, I dont see anything wrong in it, death is all part of the human cycle after all.

alkalinetrio
13-09-2006, 16:57
ill watch it if it was shown! watching that sort of stuff dont effect me and dont get me wrong i dont like killing lol just to clear that up

lollymay
13-09-2006, 18:16
no way could i watch this - i couldnt do it at all it would upset me i think! im really bad when it comes to things like that!

xXxJessxXx
13-09-2006, 20:02
I think i probably would watch this if it ever came on tv. The man wished for it to be filmed and whether or not he wanted it to be shown on tv is perhaps another decion to be made by his family but the man lived for doing this sort of thing and died doing something he loved. He knew the risks each day he went out and did what he did, so he probably wasnt suprised at all by what happend just amazed to have had the exprience he did that day because thats how he thought. (If im making sense) He probably wanted it to be on tv and although his wish isnt made clear i heard that in his will it states he wanst it on tv (Obviously if he died during filming) Every step of his life and his adventure has been on tv and if this is on tv as well i will watch it because otherwise what have the past years achieved. If we all switch off its like his whole career has been a watse he lived for the thrill and at the same time to entertain people.

Obviously i dont like watching death on tv whether its reallife or not. But it happens and its all around us.

Abi
14-09-2006, 16:10
I probably would watch it, just out of curiosity. As others have said, death is jst a part of life, so that shouldn't mean we just brush it into the cupboard and try to forget about it. I've seen dead bodies and people die, as many other people have, so really, i dont see why it shoud be much different. If people see it in "Real-Life", then why not put it onto the TV too?

Johnny Allen
14-09-2006, 16:44
Im curious so yes I would, without being rude to those who like him or his family, I'd be intrigued to see whether it was an accident or whether he did something to wind up the stingray.