PDA

View Full Version : Charitys

Katy
11-09-2006, 17:05
Which Charitys do you feel the most worthwile and like to Donate to, or do you thikn any charity is worthwile.

Siobhan
11-09-2006, 17:09
I am not sure which charity to choose so I usually give to someone who spreads money out over a few.. Over in Ireland, when you get on a bus and you don't have the exact change, you get a reciept for the difference. You can bring that to the main office and get you money back.. Instead of collect them myself, I give it to my Tesco shop who give the money to charity.. Now I don't mind given a €1 for a 90cent fare

Katy
11-09-2006, 17:13
Thats a really good idea i have heard about that from one of my cousins.

I usually just give the spare change in the little pots on counters. but i always mae an effort to donate to sail4cancer, its like Cancer research but all about sailing as well. They would be who i donated money to if i did a charity event or a sponsership.

samantha nixon
11-09-2006, 20:47
i give money to breast cancer charity and i have the ribbons and all the band things you can getas i think thats a good charity, our year at school also did a sponsored bounce for it

pookie1968uk
11-09-2006, 21:16
i usually like to support cancer charities. my neice has had meningitis which has left her with various medical problems and some brain damage so we sometimes support the charities that reflect her problems when the school does sponser things etc.
i also work for a charity which is a church/ drop in centre for the homeless, those with addictions etc, so i am offering practical support there too!

i think people have different charities which they feel more passionate about which is a good thing as it spreads the money about between them more.

true.moon
11-09-2006, 21:24
Well i did the race for life supporting breast cancer and raised alot of money for that. At my school when we do fund raisers we usually give it to the cancer uk.

Rach33
11-09-2006, 22:24
I feel all charities are worthy and I wish I had the money to donate to them all but my heart lies with the NSPCC and it always has done I work with children everyday and I know I can do something to stop something as small and precious like that getting hurt, abused or even killed it makes me feel like I'm giving something else to my job

FULL STOP

But as I said before all charities deserve the money but you have to follow what your heart believes in

CrazyLea
12-09-2006, 00:12
Like Joel_Beckett_lover, I feel that all charitys are worthy in their own right. But, I more so support the Cancer Research one, or any other Cancer ones. Mainly as I've had a relative who has died from Cancer really young, so feel it's more close to home kind of thing.

Jojo
12-09-2006, 12:11
I donate on a monthly basis to NSPCC and also to Meningitis Research (after Ciaran's contraction of it). We also donate through the Company too.

Emma-Lou
12-09-2006, 18:36
I give to various charitys if there are bins in supermarkets or something and also to the menigitis charity as my little cousin had it and also The Guide dog charity and the wild life charity which i cannot remember the name of.Also at school we give things to SCIAF and Breast Cancer a lot.I think all charitys deserve money though.

Pinkbanana
12-09-2006, 18:44
I tend to give money to local causes, such as a children's hospice.

If I give money to registered charities it tends to be ones that involve children.

Katy
12-09-2006, 19:17
I think local and things you are interested in are really worthwile to give to. I always give to Mountain rescue as i recently lost a friend whilst climbing. Also the Kirsty appeal.