PDA

View Full Version : Freshers balls

Cornishbabe
09-09-2006, 19:56
Hey, anyon who has been at university or is there or is goingthis year. Does anyone know how formal the freshers ball is as I dont know what to wear!

Pinkbanana
09-09-2006, 22:36
Hiya, at Durham it was quite posh n formal, not full on ball glowns, ie lily Allen style, but the fellas had to wear black tie.

We had a couple of shops that had a good range of suitable dresses in ready for the students to come and buy. I'd check the shops out where you are, that will give you a rough idea of what to wear.

I'm sure you will have a great time, not that you will remember much about it the next day, I'm sure! lol

di marco
10-09-2006, 08:43
Hey, anyon who has been at university or is there or is goingthis year. Does anyone know how formal the freshers ball is as I dont know what to wear!

thats a good idea you started a thread as i dont know what to wear either lol! but im under the impression that my freshers ball is £42! :eek: (from what it said in this booklet i got sent) and i dont think i can afford that! :( it sounds a bit expensive though so maybe ill check it out when i get there

Cornishbabe
10-09-2006, 13:57
yeh mine only 8 pounds. But its not until november so i guess if i wait until i get there ill still have a month to find something then ill at least know what others are wearing

di marco
10-09-2006, 19:31
yeh mine only 8 pounds. But its not until november so i guess if i wait until i get there ill still have a month to find something then ill at least know what others are wearing

november? mines in the first week! i think ill just take a selection of different clothes and then see what others are wearing