PDA

View Full Version : Devon Seas - Season 2 News & Spoilers Thread

Bryan
07-09-2006, 22:11
Devon Seas returns October 6th 2006 for a 2nd season, written once again by writing duo Bryan Turner and Abi Dixon.

This thread will contain any exclusive news or spoilers provided by the creators/writers of the show as and when they are released.

Bryan
07-09-2006, 22:25
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/bondboffin/charlie.jpg

Nathalie Lunghi To Join The Cast!

Information on one of the first new arrivals to the cast of Devon Seas has been released. 20 year old actress Nathalie Lunghi has been cast as troublesome teen Charlotte Donagoon. Nathalie is the daughter of popular British actress Cheri Lunghi (The Breif, Cutting It) and is thrilled to be joining the show.

Devon Seas' creator Bryan Turner gives us some information on the latest addition to the cast:

"Charlotte "Charlie" Donagoon will be joining the show after Christmas, and will be trouble from the moment she walks into Baymoore. Charlie is the neice of Tanya and Gary, and she arrives at a time that Tanya could do without any unecessary stress. We want to explore many different things with Charlie including drugs, alcholism and prostiution, we plan for her to become the next Janine Bitcher. She will drive her 'Auntie' crazy, leading to the next love intrest for Tanya..."

DaVeyWaVey
07-09-2006, 22:30
All this sounds really exciting..i can't wait until Charlotte Donagoon arrives, i am really liking the sound of her character. I can't wait for the second season to return either!

Bryan
09-09-2006, 18:51
Season 2 Start Date Brought Forward!

We can exculsivley reveal that the producers of Devon Seas have brought forward the start date of Devon Seas to Saturday 30th September! The date has been brought forward 4 days, with the soap originally planned to return on Friday 6th October.

Bryan Turner, creator and cheif writer of Devon Seas explains the reasoning behind the move: "We have a lot of exciting things planned for season 2, and we want to fit in as much as we can before the Christmas break. We have been encouraged by the support from the fans and have decided to bring it forward by 6 days, I hope all fans enjoy what we have in store for this season."

Bryan
09-09-2006, 19:03
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1545000/images/_1549964_walters.jpg

JULIE WATERS SIGNS UP FOR RECURRING GUEST ROLE!

Exciting news tonight: acclaimed British actress Julie Walters has signed up to appear in Devon Seas. Julie will play the mother of a character set to join Devon Seas within the first month, however producers are keeping tight lipped about who that character is.

"We are glad to announce that Julie will be joiing us on Devon Seas as Kate Grosvenor, mother to a top secret character. Julie will be a regular guest to the show, popping up from time to time. Julie's first on screen appearance will be at the end of October, and depending on her popularity with the viewers she may return for a longer, more permanant stint"

Bryan
12-09-2006, 14:14
http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/j/Amanda%20Mealing.jpg http://dushurtugals.com/images/movies/eragon/stephen7garrow.jpg

2 New Lawyers For Devon Seas!

With Season 2 about to kick off, the highly talked about battle between the Taylors and the Ashworths is bound to take place. But what is are two multi- million pound families without their two highly professional lawyers?

"We are proud to announce two new signings to Devon Seas, Amanda Mealing (Holby City) and Alun Armstrong (New Tricks). They will play top class lawyers working against each other in the Taylor/Ashworth Feud."'

Alun will be playing Brendan Fairbanks, the Ashworth's loyal lawyer or many years. Alun has already appeared in episode 2 of Thicker Than Water, and is set to play a major part in Jared's first stage of revenge against Richard and the Taylor family at the start of season 2.

Amanda will be playing ruthless feminist Helen Stokes. Helen is at the top of her profession, she is a no noscene straight talking woman who isn't afraid to start a battle with the toughest of rivals. She has the Taylor familie's best intrests at heart and will do all she can to help them out. She is not a woman to be messed with.

Bryan
26-10-2006, 14:33
Episode Increase!

Excting news today for fans of Devon Seas, due to the high amount of storylines planned for the 2007 season of Devon Seas, the producers have informed us that there will be a increase in the daily amount of episodes written.

We have some exciting, and explosive storylines coming up, resolving old ones and starting new ones, we have a lot to fit into the January - July timeslot, and in order for it all to fit we are going to have 4/5 episodes per day!

Expect to see these changes take place when Devon Seas returns to Soapboards after its Christmas Break in December.

Bryan
26-10-2006, 14:41
http://www.msjenniferaniston.com/img/jennifer-aniston.jpg

Interactive Return!

Fresh from the offices of Devon Seas Executives. Jeniffer Aniston is soon to return filming on Devon Seas, reprising her role as pegnant Claire Andrews. Claire was last seen jetting off to America, pregnant with no idea as to who the father of her baby was.

"Claire will return just before the Christmas Break, with her baby Nathan, the question is how will her family react (only Val knows) and how is the father of her baby?" A lot of Drama is promised as Best Friends Chris and Romeo go head to head in a vicious custody battle. But who will be announced as the father of the baby?

To add to the drama the public will get the chance to VOTE for which man they want Claire to be with. Following in the footsteps of FIVE's Family Affairs, Devon Seas will have an interactive storlyine, with the public choosing who they wish Claire to be with.

diamond1
26-10-2006, 15:19
I think everyone knows who im voting for!!!

Bryan
26-10-2006, 16:27
I think everyone knows who im voting for!!!

ahhh but would Chris be the same in a commited relationship?.. isnt he funnier as a single sexed up womaniser? :hmm:

Bryan
28-01-2007, 13:44
http://www.itv.com/uploads/images/1126282171843_0.9122450439926506.jpg

Jeremy Kyle Cameos!

Controversial chatshow host Jeremy Kyle will be making a cameo in Devon Seas this March, as the Chris/Claire/Romeo Paternity Saga comes to it's dramatic conclusion.

Jeremy will feature in a series of episodes where the troubled trio appear on his chatshow in hope of sorting out their problems once and for all.

Readers will be given the chance to take part in an interactive vote where they decide who they want to be the father of Claire's baby. The winner will be the father.

Siobhan
29-01-2007, 11:27
^^^^^
can't wait for this to happen :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

bakedbean
29-01-2007, 16:43
Wow this looks great cant wait

Bryan
04-02-2007, 14:06
http://shatterhand007.com/Number11Archives/Photos2003/NUMBER11BlackmanToday.jpg

Honor Blackman Joins Devon Seas!

Sexy sixties siren Honor Blackman will be starring in Devon Seas for a series of episodes at the end of it's second season.

It's no secret that this season will be Hilary Taylor's last, and Honor, former Bond Girl and star of The Avengers,will be playing a big part in Hilary's exit storyline as the Richard/Hilary/Jared vendetta comes to it's dramatic conclusion.

Honor will be playing Lady Stephanie Windsor, and she may return on a more regular basis, based on public reaction to her character.

Bryan
12-02-2007, 11:22
http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/nigelharman/nigelharmanb.jpg

Nigel Harman In Talks?

Soap star Nigel Harman, famous for playing Dennis Rickman in Eastenders, has allegedly been spotted at the Devon Seas studios on numerous occasions over the past few weeks.

Nigel is rumoured to be in talks with producers over playing the role of Stuart Kerrigan, son to newcomer Jon Kerrigan, who recently started dating Mandy Harvey. Apparantly Nigel has been screen tested with actress Anna Friel, who plays Leah Kage, sparking rumours that the end of season two will see Leah embark on a deadly affair with the enemy...

Producers refuse to confirm or deny whether Nigel will be given a role in the popular soap, and have said "viewers will have to wait and see if Nigel will be joining the cast, our lips are sealed".

Bryan
12-02-2007, 11:28
http://www.corrie.net/kabin/images/froggatt_joanne2002.jpg

Joanne Froggart to appear in Devon Seas.

Actress Joannae Froggart, a regular to British soap and drama, will be appearing in Devon Seas in a few months time, as troubled youngster Lynne McGuiness.

Lyne is burdened with an unwanted baby, but her strict Catholic upbringing means she refuses to have an abortion. Lynne will become connected with Amy & Patrick O Brian as the pair continue on thier persuit of becoming parents of an adoptive baby.

Joanne told us "I am thrilled to be starring in Devon Seas, at what is an exciting time for the show. Exciting storylines are starting to pan out and characters are now being devloped to a greater extent. I'm just thrilled to be working with Susan Sarandon (Amy) and Aidan Quinn (Patrick)"

Bryan
06-04-2007, 12:30
http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/content/images/2005/11/15/rula_lenska_150_150x180.jpg

Off In Style: Shocking Murder Spoiler Revealed...

It's no secret that this will be Rula Lenska's last season as Hillary in Devon Seas, but a shocking spoiler has been leaked - revealing that Hilary will leave a path of destruction with her exit.

Fans have recently witnessed Hilary and lover Jared Ashworth plan to send Richard mad, and this storyline will take a number of shocking turns in the next couple of months, leaving to Hilary's dramatic exit from the show.

"It's the moment all fans of the show have been waiting for" says show creator Bryan Turner "Hilary finally gets found, and fans will be shown some of the most dramatic scenes in the show's history".

Altough Bryan is keeping his lips tightly sealed about whether Baymoore's number 1 bitch gets arrested for the conspiracy of Jessica and Jacob's death or not, he assures us that she goes out in style.

"When Hilary realises she has lost everything, she realises she has nothing to loose. She tries every trick in the book to get out of her sticky situation, and the end result is shocking for all involved. We will finally get the difinitive example of a woman scorned."

Up until now we have seen Hilary marry Richard for his money, planned the kidnap and eventual death of Tanya's children, and more recently plotting with Jared Ashworth to bring Richard down. However her final act of evil will be the most shocking yet. "I can confirm that Hilary will murder again, and one of the shows main characters will pay the price"...

Stay reading Devon Seas, and all will be revealed when the show comes it to's season finale in early June.

Chloe O'brien
06-04-2007, 21:22
When are you going to tell us who the father of Claires baby is? Come on stop keping us in suspense.

Bryan
06-04-2007, 21:56
When are you going to tell us who the father of Claires baby is? Come on stop keping us in suspense.

I did Kath, weeks ago, you should have been reading :nono:

Chloe O'brien
06-04-2007, 22:15

Sorry Bryan I've got hundreds of post to catch up with since this flaming PC has been suffering some kind of nervous breakdown. I'll back track and read through the post again :o

Bryan
07-04-2007, 10:22

Sorry Bryan I've got hundreds of post to catch up with since this flaming PC has been suffering some kind of nervous breakdown. I'll back track and read through the post again :o

Dont worry Kath lol, I was only kidding. I shant tell you or it would ruin the suprise. To be honest I never knew you read DS lol, you learn something every day!

Chloe O'brien
07-04-2007, 18:11
I do read Devon Seas Bryan not as often as I should mind you. I read all the dramas on here so you and abi and everyone else keep up the great work.

Bryan
11-04-2007, 13:43
http://www.eastenders-west.com/images/john_allen_aug05_bbc_170.jpg

Kingpin Harvey Stays Put!

Great news for fans of Devon Seas today as Devon Seas star Billy Murray denies rumours that he will be leaving the show.

Billy, who has become infamous for playing gangster Craig Harvey over the past two years as denied reports that he would be leaving at the end of season two. "I don't know where that came from, I'm going to be on screens for a long time to come yet".

Billy recently signed a contract that will see him on the show until summer 09, mid way through season four. Asked about his future after that - "I think that will be my lot come then. By then Craig will have had a good run, and I'm hoping he'll have come full circle by then."

"You can have too much of a good thing and I'd rather Craig leave in fashion that stay on for years past his sell by date."

Billy also warns fans "if you think Craig's bad you haven't seen anything yet, the scripts I'm getting at the moment are sensational, there's a lot in store for Craig for the foreseeable future"...

bakedbean
11-04-2007, 19:48
I am glad that Craig is staying put even if he is pure evil.

Bryan
12-04-2007, 18:18
DaveyWavey Joins The Writing Team

Exciting news today as it is announced that regular soapboards writer David Peniston is joining the writing team of Devon Seas.

David's past works include soap Hinston High, and drama Nightlife.

Bryan, Devon Seas' cheif writer said "Dave is an extremley talented young writer, and having him on the writing team is a terrfic peice of news, a real step forward in making Devon Seas one of the internet's most talked about soap operas."

Dave will be thrown in at the deep end on Wednesday 25th April, when two of Devon Seas' characters meet their maker...

PLEASE WELCOME DAVEYWAVEY TO THE DEVON SEAS WRITING TEAM :clap:

Chloe O'brien
12-04-2007, 22:19
congratualtions Davey. Can you give us an exsclusive on what storylines you will be working on.

Jada-GDR
11-05-2007, 13:30
YAY CONGRATS DAVEY

I havent read devon seas in ages cause I haven't been on this for ages

but I will be catching up! :D