PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair to resign on May 31st 2007?

Jojo
05-09-2006, 23:02
Prime Minister Tony Blair will step down on July 26 after quitting as Labour Party leader on May 31 next year, the Sun reports in its Wednesday edition.

"It's been known to me for some time that the Prime Minister has had a date in mind, and we've been working hard on it," the newspaper's political editor George Pascoe-Watson told Sky News television.

"We've actually been able to nail down the date that he has put in his diary."
Blair's office declined to comment on the story: "We have no intention of commenting on any speculation of the timetable," a spokeswoman said.

The right-leaning tabloid, the country's largest-selling daily newspaper, has a reputation for accurate political scoops.

Pascoe-Watson said he believed Blair's finance minister and likely successor, Chancellor Gordon Brown, was aware of the date.

Blair would step down as party leader and eight weeks would be needed for Brown to see off party challengers to succeed him.

"The interesting question is whether or not the chancellor knew privately of the date, and I believe the chancellor did know of the prime minister's intentions to leave during this timetable. I think the chancellor would like the prime minister to say this in his own words."

alan45
05-09-2006, 23:53
Pity it wasnt tomorrow. He is such a supercillious prat. He is full of SH you know the rest. One of the biggest bLIARS of the decade. Go Tony GO sooner rather than later

Meh
06-09-2006, 01:41
Personally I can wait for Blair to go. His legacy will be two fold: a war mongerer and Bush's poodle. The fact that Gordon Brown is waiting to take over is just as scary as he has well and truly shafted the economy.

Katy
06-09-2006, 07:53
I know thats the worst thing is Brown is the successor he is likely to be just as bad, or Worse. It is definalty time for Blair to go though. cant stand the man.

crazygirl
06-09-2006, 11:17
well the date has not been comfirmed yet when he will be stepping down but i think personally he wont be missed but who does like the government anyway!

Jojo
06-09-2006, 11:58
There was talk of 26th July being his actual leaving date. I personally like him (apart from him doing everything that American pratt says - no offence to any Americans there) Having Brown take over is very scary and concerning though.

Layne
06-09-2006, 17:27
I wish he just wouldn't take so damn long to resign, i personally don't like him, and i don't know why he won the last elections, i am just not too sure about brown taking over.

Abbie
06-09-2006, 18:31
I really dont like him, so i just cant wait to see him go, the sooner the better.

Jada-GDR
06-09-2006, 20:26
one day i find that steve irwin is dead, the next tony blair is resigning. they are both two things that i never thought would happen - only difference is that steve irwin dying is really sad, and this... well... :lol:

Meh
08-09-2006, 01:58
So Teflon Tony has refused to name a date, but it will be sometime next year. I personally believe Labour has been a total failure for this country, but the sad thing is people won't see the effects until either Labour have gone out of power or are about to. It won't matter who takes over the reigns after Blair is gone. If its Brown, its no big deal as he will carry on his disasterous economic reforms.

The greatest trick Blair and Brown have done is make people think they are wealthy. No, the fact is that you're in debt to the tune of 1.26 trillion. It doesn't matter if your house is worth £500,000 becasue no one can afford to buy it! Its perceived wealth, an illusion, and the sooner the public realise it the better. There is no real difference between Thatcher and Blair. Thatcher was more open and in your face. Blair has just been more back handed.