PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Williams 'to quit singing'

Chloe O'brien
31-08-2006, 12:14
Robbie Williams has stunned the music industry by vowing to stop singing, according to newspaper reports.
The former Take That singer apparently wants to quit the industry in 18 months because singing turned him into a "monster".
Williams has carved out a hugely successful solo career since leaving the boy band.
In 2002 he signed an £80m deal with record label EMI.
This development comes as the Let Me Entertain You crooner is filling stadiums around the world with his Close Encounters tour.
Robbie, 32, says: "I don't see me singing again. It's a question of what I want and where I want to be.
"Can I live without radio picking my song and putting it on the playlist? Or is this fame thing something I'm addicted to?"

crazygirl
31-08-2006, 14:29
well good! i cant stand him there has only been 1 song ive liked of his and thats angel

Jojo
31-08-2006, 14:30
So much hatred for someone so....ahhhh :wub: :rotfl:

I just hope he doesn't start rapping instead, as his latest offering was awful!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
31-08-2006, 14:42
He was rapping?! Or are you saying he shouldn't... :p

Jojo
31-08-2006, 14:43
He was rapping?! Or are you saying he shouldn't... :p lol - I was saying no more rapping - cos hes baaadddd at it!! :rotfl:

EE Rocks
31-08-2006, 14:46
I hope he does. I have only really liked about 2 of his songs. OMG his rapping is appauling, very bad.:thumbsdow :eek:

31-08-2006, 14:48
What's this song he raps in?! :rotfl:

dddMac1
31-08-2006, 17:28
that really shocked me but good luck to him
didn't think much of his new song

Katy
01-09-2006, 12:39
I cant believe Robbie will stop singing. I love him. And his songs. Maybe its because his last song was so appauling. Before he changed hos style he was a great pop artist.

01-09-2006, 18:29
" We told you yesterday that Robbie Williams had said he sometimes thought about quitting the music biz. But you needn't worry. Apparently the star admits to saying this kind of thing all the time. "

Chloe O'brien
01-09-2006, 22:56
Robbie Williams has declared that his new album will not be released in America, admitting that he has giving up on the idea of achieving success there.

The singer moved to Los Angeles five years ago in the hope of extending his appeal across the pond, but struggled to attain a fraction of the popularity he enjoys in Britain.

Speaking to Johnny Vaughan on his Capital FM radio show, the star decided to be realistic about the situation and revealed that his new record Rudebox will not appear in US stores.

He said: "They're not having it, I'm not releasing it there. The only way an album of mine is going to be in the States is if I leave it there or leave it in Tower Records. I'll go with a bunch and just leave them."