PDA

View Full Version : Fitness - improving it.

Katy
29-08-2006, 09:35
I need some tips on getting fitter when i did PE at school regualry i was a really good sports man. Now i only sail and i have been really lazy and need to get fitter as its getting beyond a joke. Any help greatly appreciated.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
29-08-2006, 13:44
If you planning to do it at home.. then a workout DVD or something? Step areobics is quite fun :p

I really need to start doing this myself too.. maybe next time I go shopping!! :p

Layne
29-08-2006, 15:08
Sit up/crunchs are good. You know like when your just sitting watching telly or whatever. But yeh i'd advise maybe a workout DVD, I'd recommend Charlie Brooks', its really good and has like a dance section and everything!

At the moment i am trying to persuade my dad to get a treadmill, so we can excercise whilsy watching telly :p

Footie_Chick
29-08-2006, 16:01
Just do anything to get your heart beating, depends what you really want to improve, muscle mass, stamina, strength, suppleness. But if it's just over all fitness just go for a cycle or a jog a few times a week. Just do improve your endurance levels.

Katy
29-08-2006, 20:38
I think ill try a DVD and walking more like to colleg once a week instead of getting the bus. Thanks.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
29-08-2006, 23:03
At the moment i am trying to persuade my dad to get a treadmill, so we can excercise whilsy watching telly :p
Oh that's what I do.. while watching EE :p Takes your mind of it:thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
29-08-2006, 23:06
Oh that's what I do.. while watching EE :p Takes your mind of it:thumbsup:Takes your mind off what, doing the exercise or watching eastenders? :rotfl:

Dr. Tangliss
15-09-2006, 10:46
Sit up/crunchs are good. You know like when your just sitting watching telly or whatever. But yeh i'd advise maybe a workout DVD, I'd recommend Charlie Brooks', its really good and has like a dance section and everything!

I adore Charlie's Dvd, she looks amazing! I have been doing it 2-3 times and week, and have started eating healthy food. I feel so much better, even though I do not weigh myself, I know from my clothes that I have lost weight. Yesterday, I tried on a pair of size 10 trousers, never having worn them as they were too small after having my second child, and they fit! Highly recommend her Dvd!!

Jojo
15-09-2006, 15:35
I've started jogging (at 6.30am!! :eek: ) every morning (although giving myself a break at the weekends) and I'm feeling better for it. Gives me 10 mins away from everyone, apart from my eldest too. Lets see how long it lasts lol

Katy
15-09-2006, 15:55
Well im walking half way to cllege now and i feel better when i get there. Its too far to walk but walking that extra 20 mins to get to another bus stop is worth it, Fianancially as well.

Abi
15-09-2006, 15:59
Whatever you choose to do, just work up the intensity you do it for, and the length of time you do it for too. Then you shuld gradually imporve, without it being so much of a shock to the system. Also, if its not really hard to start with, you're more likely to tstay motivated and actually carry on doing it.

Dr. Tangliss
15-09-2006, 17:16
I think if you doing something you enjoy, such as playing football, tennis going swimming etc...will make exercising seem less like a chore and you will be more likely to continue with it. I do have to stress that if you also want to lose weight as well, you must eat a healthy diet, but then I suppose that's obvious.