PDA

View Full Version : Casualty's Swanky New Titles

Footie_Chick
27-08-2006, 18:23
The show is to get a glamorous makeover in the form of a new title sequence. Fans will get their first glimpse of the titles during episode one of the new series.

Jane Dauncey, Series Producer said, "The new titles sequence features some of the best-loved faces from Casualty. It's based on an idea about documentary photography and the beauty of still images - in Casualty's case images of heroism, pain, grief, new life and joy.

"The music is a new version of the original - re-worked by the original composer who also composed the Holby City theme. It uses real instruments for the first time - a string section, French horn and guitar - to give it more class, depth and resonance.

"All this to shout to the rooftops that Casualty is still a brilliant British drama and a 'must see' event on a Saturday night. I hope the audience likes it."

DaVeyWaVey
02-09-2006, 13:09
It's about time Casualty got some new titles, they've had the current titles used in the last series for ages, hopefully they will be good.

Katy
24-09-2006, 11:42
I quite like the new titles, saw them in last nights epiosde. They remind me a little bit of ER with the pictures of characters pooping up. wouldnt recomend it for any one with Epilepsi, my eyes were really weird when they had finished all those flashing lights.

DaVeyWaVey
24-09-2006, 11:47
I saw a clip of them yesterday off the internet, i think they're really good and a massive improvement on the last titles they had. It has a more gritty edge theme tune to it, i like it. :)

Katy
24-09-2006, 11:48
i didnt mention the theme tune, i like that as well its been really revamped. I like it playing on the Violin as you can Identify it more. Last series it was a little blurred and you couldnt pick out the main tune.

Jessie Wallace
24-09-2006, 13:02
Hate them, hate them, hate them, oh did i mention i hate them.

Footie_Chick
24-09-2006, 13:27
I'm not to sure about them at the moment i'll think they will grow on me, stuff like this usually does.

Emma-Lou
25-09-2006, 18:34
I quite like the titles but it is going to take me a while to get use to the theme tune.

Abi
25-09-2006, 18:59
I dont mind the actually titles, they just seem more modern and vamped up, so suit the show quite well. But the theme tune?! Its awfull! There was nothing wrong with the old ones, and they probably would've suited the new titles, 10 times better than these ones do.

CrazyLea
25-09-2006, 21:10
I agree with Abi. I liked the titles itself, but the music was terrible. I miss the old music :(

squillyfer
25-09-2006, 22:05
I dont like the new titles or the music :(

pookie1968uk
27-09-2006, 21:17
i thought they were both ok. modernised anyway.