PDA

View Full Version : Cowell axes "pointless" Celebrity X Factor

Jojo
27-08-2006, 13:07
Simon Cowell has revealed that he has axed Celebrity X Factor — and called the show “pointless”.

The music mogul said he has decided to cut the show because he is not discovering new talent through it.

“We are never going to do it again," he told The Sun “The show was pointless. The ratings were good but what we’re supposed to be looking for is a new artist.

“The only validity for me doing these shows is that I’m doing my day job on a TV — which is trying to find artists for the label," he continued. “So when I’m judging celebs, I’m not actually doing my job.”

Cowell also claimed he only agreed to the new series of conventional X Factor after ITV bosses said they would put an extra £1 million into the show.

“I wouldn’t have worked on it unless it was going to go up a substantial gear — and that’s what’s going to happen," he explained. “The show has got to be bigger now. We’ve got to make the scale of it bigger, more exciting.”

EE Rocks
27-08-2006, 13:10
I am glad he realises this. I too thought the show was pointless, what was the point when there already was one??

Trinity
27-08-2006, 18:54
I caught a little of the normal x factor last week.

Is it just me or do they really let awful singers who look like they may have mental health problems sing for longer than the talented ones?

The only explanation seems to be that they like to laugh at these poor unfortunate, tone deaf, delusional people.

It is too cruel.

LostVoodoo
27-08-2006, 20:09
“The show was pointless. The ratings were good but what we’re supposed to be looking for is a new artist.”
so basically he's annoyed because Richard Fleeshman didn't make a No1 single that he could make loads of money off?

Jessie Wallace
27-08-2006, 20:17
What Richard got to do with it, he wasn't in X-Factor!

LostVoodoo
27-08-2006, 21:23
What Richard got to do with it, he wasn't in X-Factor!
oh poo, yeah. wrong show- says it all really! :rotfl:

Abbie
28-08-2006, 13:22
i have to agree with him the show was pointless but it was rather funnt watching celebs that have got nothing better to do humilliate themesleves, on a show that millions watch.

dddMac1
28-08-2006, 15:02
Simon is right to Axe it cause they are to many Celeb reality shows on and i for one are sick of them

Abbie
28-08-2006, 15:17
Simon is right to Axe it cause they are to many Celeb reality shows on and i for one are sick of them Plus most of the time its celebs who havent been on tv in years and want their career back

pookie1968uk
01-09-2006, 11:41
yes it is definitely a good idea he has axed it, one less trashy celeb show we dont need!