PDA

View Full Version : I'm Doing Everything For You

tv_addict245
22-08-2006, 14:01
Heya guys! This is my first full-length SamPhil fic! I finally got around to writing it (thanks to Vikki!). Well, hope you like it!

Chapter 1: I Was So Alone

Phil & Sam stood together outside Sun Hill Police Station. Sam had been enquiring out the welfare of Phil’s son Alfie. Phil was secretly please that that she seemed so concerned about his family and Sam was wondering what it was that made her care so much; more than as a colleague, maybe even as more that a friend…

Putting this thought to the back of her mind, she tried her best to look serious and ignore the sparkle in his chocolate brown eyes that made her mind to mush like a soppy teenage girl.

Tearing her eyes away from his, she said “What’s the matter with you today Phil?” she noticed that panic flash onto his face just for a second. “… You’re in danger of becoming quite likeable!” she said as her face broke into a grin and he laughed at her teasing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone watching them would have thought nothing of it; just meaningless teasing between colleagues. But to Sam and Phil it meant a lot more than that. To them it was like the end to the awkwardness that had grown between them since Sam had started dating Stuart. It was the first time they had teased each other like they used to. Maybe this was the start of getting their friendship back. And although perhaps neither of them would admit it to anyone, they both wanted that more than anything.

Those weeks had been weird for both of them and quite hard too. They were each others only real friends at work. If they had problems they’d tell each other, if they needed help they’d turn to each other first. Even though Sam had Stuart, she really missed her friendship with Phil. Phil missed Sam more than he thought was possible. He missed the weary smile she’d show him every morning. The cup of coffee they shared before beginning work. Their endless jokes and teasing. Their flirting that kept them amused on particularly hard days. And mostly being there for each other and helping each other out. He actually felt quite… alone, without her. And he had the sneaky feeling she felt somewhat the same…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had stopped laughing now and were left just standing there looking at each other. Phil was desperately trying not to think about how beautiful Sam looked; her golden hair highlighted by the summer sunshine and her gorgeous green eyes taking his breath away. He had to stop himself and remind his heart that she was with someone else now. But maybe if he told her how he felt… he took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by that someone else.

Stuart Turner was leaning casually over the railings, smiling at his girlfriend. She however was not smiling. She looked surprised to see him and Phil thought- no, hoped- she looked a little annoyed that he had interrupted her and Phil.

Phil’s thought were actually dead-on. Sam was annoyed, but knew she shouldn’t be. Then again, she had asked Stuart to wait for her at the Pub, did he not trust her? Also, couldn’t stop wondering what Phil had been about to say…

“Come on” Stuart said to Sam, completely blanking Phil, “I’m taking you out to dinner, to celebrate.”

Phil’s heart dropped. He was taking her away from him again. This is how would always be now. He sighed quietly. Phil turned to his car and opened the door, about to leave, when he heard someone shout “Wait!” It was Sam.

Sam watched Phil’s head jerk round and saw the puzzled look on his face. She walk towards Stuart, “sorry, but I’m not coming to dinner” she heard herself say. “I’m going for a drink with Phil. I’ll see you later- at our house” she added to cool Stuart’s obvious rage.

Then, she turned towards Phil, who still looked confused but now had an insane grin on his face. Insane and infectious it seemed, as Sam grinned too as she opened the passenger car door.

“You drive” she said.

“I was so alone,
I was by myself,
thought I was on my way,
but I was missing you!”

Thanks for reading.
Bex
x

baby oranges
22-08-2006, 18:32
i really like this beginning. it's definitely better than the ending that actually happened last week. least it's given us some hope anyways

please update soon!

stacy
xxx